NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6137

Poseidon wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Glad to hear...I read the book and loved it. Looking forward to the movie, but it's not out here for another week I believe.
It got raped by critics. Calling it bland and worthless. I'll still watch it, but RottenTomatoes has not been wrong for me.
I only care about the critics and what they have to say when it comes to games. I've liked many movies which have been raped by the critics. Cloverfield and V for Vendetta (though neither was really "raped" per se) to name 2. Most movie critics will find anything to downrate a movie for.

Though of course if a movie's got around a 1/2 star rating on every site, I'll avoid it.
that's because most movie critics are out of touch with the normal movie goer.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma
Max Payne 5.5/10
It was thin, not much going on during the film, lots of talking and it doesn't seem all connected properly. The fighting actions were okeish, the part where he fights through the pharmaceutical building against swats and he shoots while running and jumping was probably the best part of the film. I did like the dark aspect of it, really resembles Max Payne and the game set/ambient.

Tropic Thunder  8/10
This movie fucking made me laugh.
nuff said.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6370|California

Poseidon wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Glad to hear...I read the book and loved it. Looking forward to the movie, but it's not out here for another week I believe.
It got raped by critics. Calling it bland and worthless. I'll still watch it, but RottenTomatoes has not been wrong for me.
I only care about the critics and what they have to say when it comes to games. I've liked many movies which have been raped by the critics. Cloverfield and V for Vendetta (though neither was really "raped" per se) to name 2. Most movie critics will find anything to downrate a movie for.

Though of course if a movie's got around a 1/2 star rating on every site, I'll avoid it.
Yeah, It isn't out here in the States till the 23rd I believe but I saw it online, Beginning was really sad
It has an alright storyline, some parts you can tell that the obvious was going to happen, but overall it was a good movie.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6478|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Zimmer wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Promises are promises. No delivery here.
Damn
Go watch it. According to reviews it's pretty damn good. So try it and don't listen to one person.

I haven't watched it yet, but will when I get the time.
You mean haffey and I are one and the same person? Review idiots, what do they know. They write 20/10 reviews on almost every WW2 movie. Cruise stinks again in this one and das ist it.

Burn after reading 9/10

The Coen boys are geniuses. This is just a brilliant movie.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

You mean haffey and I are one and the same person? Review idiots, what do they know. They write 20/10 reviews on almost every WW2 movie. Cruise stinks again in this one and das ist it.
Actually, I was referring to the reviews it has gotten on IMDB. Those reviews are from normal people like you and me.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6654
All 3 of the Godfahters...I have nothing more to say then EPIC.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6499|Sydney, Australia
The Day the Earth Stood Still

5/10

There were some pretty memorable special effects but all in all the story seemed rushed and the ending was completely unsatisfying. Maybe that's because I already knew the basic premise of the film.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6563|Hungary

5/10

The film was preatty nice and it had a massage for us! It was nearly the same as War of the World with Tommy C.
What i dont liked that the ending was too fast and it was typical happy end. Why?
So i mostly agree with Vub! ^^
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
Defiance 5/10
Disappointed:/
woods is such a boring setting
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ultrafunkula

.Sup wrote:

Boy, you calling Predator boring?

*bitchslap x 50*

FOR SHAME!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone

Ultrafunkula wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Boy, you calling Predator boring?

*bitchslap x 50*

FOR SHAME!
Well in this movie they made it look boring
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York

Vub wrote:

5/10

There were some pretty memorable special effects but all in all the story seemed rushed and the ending was completely unsatisfying. Maybe that's because I already knew the basic premise of the film.
Agreed, although I would (and did) vote it lower.

The whole plot just seemed to drag on and they completely killed the idea of Gort.

Oh well.
Ultrafunkula

Zimmer wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Actually, I was referring to the reviews it has gotten on IMDB. Those reviews are from normal people like you and me.
7.5/10 ?!?! IMDB ppl... What do they know

No, but really. It was nowhere near that good. I don't understand the hype.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6694|Tampa Bay Florida
Tropic Thunder - 7/10
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

Highlander. 7/10

It's still very silly in some parts of the movie.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6686|Disaster Free Zone
Le Comte de Monte Cristo - 10/10
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6236
Sleuth (2007) - 9.5/10

After seeing the remake, I really want to watch the original.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6650
Eagles Eye 7/10

not bad, could have been better

Last edited by blademaster (2009-01-12 00:24:08)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Sleuth (2007) - 9.5/10

After seeing the remake, I really want to watch the original.
what the fuck?

The original is a million times better than the remake piece of shit was. The remake ruined everything good about the original. And the gay scene was just so stupid.

If you have not seen the original watch it now to get rid of the memories of the remake asap.
baggs
+732|6209

DrunkFace wrote:

baggs wrote:

Australia - 9.9/10
You're kidding?

That looks like worst movie to be released since titanic.
Yeah exactly, 'looks', i'm quite open minded when it comes to films. And Austrailia was a fantastic film, and it's not just a love film contrary to what many people might think.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6650
Alien------ the original one filmed in 1979 --- not bad had some bad parts but on the other hand had some good parts 2 a 8/10
the original Alien Crew ---> https://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2079/alien28197929maincastoe6.jpg

Also seen the 2 other alien movies alien 3, and alien

Last edited by blademaster (2009-01-13 16:51:14)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6746|OctoLand
Crash

10/10
I know fucking karate
phishman420
Banned
+821|5686
Gran Torino - 8/10
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5852|one windy city

venom6 wrote:

The Day the Earth Stood Still 5/10
↨↨↨ 5/10 might be little short, but close

Spearhead wrote:

Tropic Thunder - 7/10
↨↨↨ i'd go maybe 8/10

justice wrote:

Crash 10/10
↨↨↨ its been a while since i've seen it, but i dont think that deserves 10/10 maybe 9/10

Pineapple Express 8.5/10
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

RockNRolla

Not as good as Snatch or my fav Lock, Stock but it was a good film nonetheless.

Something seemed missing, probably more plot twists and the usual groups of gangs fucking everything up like you would expect. If there is a sequel it will probably improve on this one though.

7/10

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard