Requiem for a Dream - 9/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Every youtube video that steals the music - ARGH/10
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
Coney Island is such a shit hole. I'm glad I stopped working there.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Every youtube video that steals the music - ARGH/10
clint mansell in general - 10/10
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
Watched The Damned United this morning, was alright, nothing too amazing, but was interesting enough, 6/10
Then This Is England just now, pretty good film, although some of the acting seems awkward. The end is kinda sad too 7/10
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Saw Inception again last night.
9/10.

I think I was hindered by trying too hard looking for subtleties and having my head clouded by a bunch of different theories I had read up on.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
Salt- 10/10 Great movie, predictable ending and somewhat easy to guess the mysteries at parts. Awesome acytion, great acting.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY
Inception - 9/10

It was fun to watch, but I didn't care too much for the ending.

Pandorum - 8/10

Nice idea, but I have a soft spot for movies of this type...but I really did get annoyed at the 'monsters'.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

The Wave - 8/10

Very good film, you should check it out, it's about dictatorships.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien
raging bull

8,5/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Despicable Me - 9/10

Definitely a family film, but for that, extremely watchable. I'm going to have to throw my heart in the microwave to get it back to its shriveled old self. Between this, Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon, I'm in grave danger of becoming too joyful.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5841|00770
Underworld - Rise of the lycans: 8/10

The spy next door: 8/10
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Surgeons wrote:

The Wave - 8/10

Seconded!

It´s a quasi-fictionous (that even a word?) scenario depicting the possibility to turn a well informed and heterogeneous group into a homogeneous one, obedient to altered views, opinions and orders, not really about dictatorships.
Dictatorships don´t necessarily require the people to believe in whatever cause they rule under and often enforce compliance. The teacher in this movie is more a demagogue than a dictator, cause his class really believes in their superiority and the groups identity.
Reducing it to "being about dictatorship" is pretty much wrong. Just look at the opposition, the girls doing the flyers. They have no designated leader, yet still are willing to use the same methods to further their cause as the group they oppose, such as "bending" the truth in the texts they publish or interpreting facts in a way that fits their view.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Surgeons

Sisco wrote:

Surgeons wrote:

The Wave - 8/10

Seconded!

It´s a quasi-fictionous (that even a word?) scenario depicting the possibility to turn a well informed and heterogeneous group into a homogeneous one, obedient to altered views, opinions and orders, not really about dictatorships.
Dictatorships don´t necessarily require the people to believe in whatever cause they rule under and often enforce compliance. The teacher in this movie is more a demagogue than a dictator, cause his class really believes in their superiority and the groups identity.
Reducing it to "being about dictatorship" is pretty much wrong. Just look at the opposition, the girls doing the flyers. They have no designated leader, yet still are willing to use the same methods to further their cause as the group they oppose, such as "bending" the truth in the texts they publish or interpreting facts in a way that fits their view.
I suppose so yeah, I just couldn't be bothered to think of the right words

What he said ^^
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
A-Team 9/10

Would be 10, but there were some parts that were just crazy-unrealistic, and even though it didn't matter too much, it still kind of let it down.

Still, look past that and you have a fucking awesome action film with a shit-tonne of laughs.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I couldn't stop laughing when they drove past that German woman in the tank and Murdock said "Which way to Berlin?!"

Loved it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There were parts that were crazy-unrealistic? You're watching A-Team...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
As in just general lies.

Two heat-seeking missiles coming at us?! That's cool, I'll just turn the chopper off when they're 10m away and all heat will disapear.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
A-Team aka a fictional, excessive action flick. Hope you can wrap your mind around that one.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
even so, i have limits when watching movies.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
City Island

8/10

Pretty good! Well put together and interesting cast.
I know fucking karate
Surgeons

The Damned United, was good, I wish they'd shown his time at Forest though.

The end bit was wrong aswell.

Sir Alex is the greatest manager England have never had nor will have.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Dinner for schmucks 10/10 for a laugh.
Heard more laughs in the theater than for Team America.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

even so, i have limits when watching movies.
Did you watch the TV show at all? If so, I'm not sure what you were expecting when it surprised you with unrealistic stuff.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

It's not realism that was my problem with the A-Team, it just wasn't as good as the TV show. I'm not sure what it was exactly though, it just strikes me as when you Hollywoodify some of these things it just doesn't work. Perhaps it was because everything was a bit too big budget and overly complicated? I'm not sure. The final battle bit being a good example of that. Despite my initial concerns about the actors I thought they actually were all cast quite well, and did a very comparable job to the original actors.

Just watched Inception last night. It was awesome, I really liked it. That said, it didn't quite live up to all the hype if you ask me, but was still very good. 9/10
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

Inception 8/10 - Would watch again, now that I know that while pretty epic, it's not that epic.

At times it felt like when the plot had the makings of making a great movie, some things were overly simplified for the masses to "get". There was no mindfuck on my behalf. The emotional side became way more interesting for me than slo-mo explosions and falling stuff, but there wasn't enough of it. The ultramegaslowed down Edith Piaf á la Hans Zimmer, while tying the sequences together nicely, was towards the end brought so much to the front that even Hetfield&Ulrich would've been envious (listen to ..and Justice for All and tell me you're hearing a basstrack, I'll give you a cookie).

Makes for a great Hollywood movie, but if Chris Nolan had wanted it, he could've made the movie of the decade. He decided to feed the masses instead. For the $, or in his case £.

"Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all."
-Method Man-

The cast was very good, the action scenes were amazing and the overall concept of the movie great. I felt pretty dazed five minutes after the movie ended when, after coming out of the theater at 0:30AM, my gf and I walked through a street with several bar terraces filled with noisy people and street musicians playing bagpipes 'n stuff. It felt like, well doing just that, but slightly high. It was easy to play with the thought of reflections of the subconcious, especially when the movie left pretty much NOTHING open for interpretation.

The "open" ending was decent
Think I'll mess with my head with Lost Highway and Memento to get the fix I was hoping for.
I need around tree fiddy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard