Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

is inception going to become another avatar?

i.e. everyone is wow'd by the superficial cinema-jawdrop moments, without paying much attention to the flakey plot?

it has more leaking holes than the spanish armada
it had a few holes, mostly to do with time, but it made up for it.

It was never boring, Avatar failed miserably in that aspect.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

You go to see Avatar for the visuals. Get entertained for a few hours and that's it.

You go to see Inception to see a true piece of artwork, to get brain fucked, to think and to analyze it, to discuss it long after it's over.

While both are overrated (though in vastly different degrees; Avatar was one of the most overrated films in history, Inception is only a tad overrated), one of them at least has some substance.

Also, Heat. 10/10. I've seen it tons of times, but it still has such a solid impact, is never boring and still intriguing, exciting, and interesting after all these years. A classic masterpiece.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-07-18 23:39:31)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
Predators; 6/10
It was entertaining for me. Brody played a good merc. The sniper chic was hot but didn't like her "heart of gold" mentally*, which the movie proves
that it can cost your life if you think with your heart.
It's on par with the other Predator movies. I give it a #2 ranking amongst the (predator) movies I have seen.

#1 Predator
#2 Predators
#3 AVP: Requiem
#4 AVP
#5 Predator 2 (racist, rite?)

*mentality - I hate mondays

Last edited by loubot (2010-07-19 16:00:17)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

Inception 10/10

a must see ........................ nolan and leo better see some oscars from this movie
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

9/10, really good, can't believe I didn't watch it sooner.

That girl who's in it, was in That 70s Show and voices Meg. She's so damn pretty.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

FFLink wrote:

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

9/10, really good, can't believe I didn't watch it sooner.

That girl who's in it, was in That 70s Show and voices Meg. She's so damn pretty.
mmmmm Mila Kunis
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

As I keep saying, I fucking love Mila Kunis.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire

ghettoperson wrote:

As I keep saying, I fucking love Mila Kunis.
you would also probably love fucking mila kunis
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
baggs
+732|6206

Uzique wrote:

is inception going to become another avatar?

i.e. everyone is wow'd by the superficial cinema-jawdrop moments, without paying much attention to the flakey plot?

it has more leaking holes than the spanish armada
oh give it a rest!

xx
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
fuck me matty calling inception a 'staggering work of art'. i hate people that get caught up in box office hype.

you've never seen a jean-luc godard, have you?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I never called it a staggering work of art. And I did admit it was overrated.

Didn't stop me from enjoying it, though. And I do want to see it again. I won't lie.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Not saying its a work of art, its a damn fine movie, have you even seen it yet Uzi?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
I have not intended to go see Inception, but based on what some of you ppl are saying I am considering it. This coming weekend is likely when I'll go. If it is like Avatar, oh man, can't imagine what I will do...

I hope you guys are not saying it's good because the majority of people are saying so.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6475|Kakanien
platoon

10/10
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

loubot wrote:

I have not intended to go see Inception, but based on what some of you ppl are saying I am considering it. This coming weekend is likely when I'll go. If it is like Avatar, oh man, can't imagine what I will do...

I hope you guys are not saying it's good because the majority of people are saying so.
have you ever seen a Chris Nolan movie?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Miggle wrote:

loubot wrote:

Considering The Dark Knight is probably the most overrated movie of all time... I'm skeptical to say the least
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

Brooklyn's Finest

3/10

boring, slow, uninteresting
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
i agree that the dark knight is one of the most overrated, especially by the people i know. it was good but insanely stupid, not in a good way, way too much. everyone i know is going with popular opinion that inception is one of the best of 2010 so far though. ive yet to see it but i plan to eventually. .
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Speaking of which, "The Dark Knight" - 8/10

I might've rated it higher before, but every time I see it I get a little more annoyed by the holier-than-thou message. As much as I like Heath Ledger's Joker, I miss the old Batman movies where bad guys dropped like flies and Batman would be like "no, please, don't" with that amount of enthusiasm when it came to trying to save one.

In this manner, I think "Batman Begins" was a little better. No matter what angle you look at it though, "The Dark Knight" is one of the best comic book movies of all time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Miggle wrote:

loubot wrote:

Considering The Dark Knight is probably the most overrated movie of all time... I'm skeptical to say the least
I liked Batman Begins better. But that's also Nolan's work, so I'm sold on his abilities.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Speaking of which, "The Dark Knight" - 8/10

I might've rated it higher before, but every time I see it I get a little more annoyed by the holier-than-thou message. As much as I like Heath Ledger's Joker, I miss the old Batman movies where bad guys dropped like flies and Batman would be like "no, please, don't" with that amount of enthusiasm when it came to trying to save one.

In this manner, I think "Batman Begins" was a little better. No matter what angle you look at it though, "The Dark Knight" is one of the best comic book movies of all time.
Thats what I hate.  Batman Begins was a way better movie (and directed by Nolan, yes) but Dark Knight gets all the attention and praise. 

On topic:

Repo Men - 7/10
Unnecessarily gory, kinda fun action at times.  Filmed partly in my hometown and partly near my university which was cool.  Very interesting general storyline but wasnt implemented all that well.  Second half of the movie was zzzzzzzzzzzz... and then the end had a totally pointless and irritating twist.

Peacock - 2/10
Huh?  Cross dressing guy who pretends to be both himself and his wife and has the whole town convinced of it.  He also has different personalities as the guy and the girl and doesnt remember what happened from one to the other.  Really stupid, did not enjoy it at all.  The 2 points are solely because I <3 Ellen Page, who didnt have a retarded part so wasnt so bad in it.

Titan AE - 5/10
Came really highly recommended and a pretty big cast of voice actors.  Still wasnt good enough to demand my full attention so... meh.  I really didnt see anything redeeming about it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

The Prestige > Inception > Memento > Following > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > Insomnia

Just my opinion.

All very good movies btw.

Last edited by Miggle (2010-07-19 17:26:46)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
Revolver - 6/10

Interesting idea...but the twist was predictable.
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5183|Flying in my boxcar.
Inception 9/10

Predicted the ending, but the movie as a whole kept me guessing.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
k Ive seen plenty of movies got some good movies to rate
Never back down --- 8.5/10 not bad kept me interested plus some decent looking chicks
Freejack 8.6-- interesting movie Mick Jagger is in it! may I say more lol
Shrek 3-- meh not as good as the previous 2 seen it before so 7.8/10

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard