-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5484|Ventura, California

ghettoperson wrote:

Why did no one tell me Mila Kunis was in The Book of Eli? I'd have watched it a long time ago if I'd have known that.
The Book of Eli is entirely retarded. The story is just dumb and the guy can magically kick total ass when he's blind.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6141|North Tonawanda, NY

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Why did no one tell me Mila Kunis was in The Book of Eli? I'd have watched it a long time ago if I'd have known that.
The Book of Eli is entirely retarded. The story is just dumb and the guy can magically kick total ass when he's blind.
What?  Why do you think Eli was blind?  Because he could read braille?  lol@that

Edit:  uhhh...oops, sorry man, lol

Last edited by SenorToenails (2010-07-15 16:19:24)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6720|England. Stoke

SenorToenails wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What?  Why do you think Eli was blind?  Because he could read braille?  lol@that
Think you need to watch it again mate...
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

coke wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Think you need to watch it again mate...
Well shit, apparently they revealed it at the end...I didn't pay too much attention once they hit Alcatraz because my interest was waning.  lol@me

This alters my perceptions of the movie.  If I had caught on to that, it would have trashed my suspension of disbelief...oh well
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6137|So Cal
Baaaaaah   too many damn spoilers!. 

Closing ity-bittie eyes.

Damn bf2s "Live" function tricked me.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6791|Great Brown North

blademaster wrote:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 7.5/10
wtf I watched the entire movie it was like over two hours thinking he would kill somebody at the end or something or take revenge and nothing... they left it open...no conclusion no final battle...nada, nothing... its exactly like the first lord of rings wtf... now I have to wait till the next one comes out to see wuts gonna happen... wth Potter.... also the next movie better be TV14 or TVMA
you could always read the book

predators   7/10

Last edited by krazed (2010-07-15 17:09:52)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

If I ignored that aspect, I still thought it was a pretty good movie.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
The Road Warrior  7/10

Interesting, but cheesy.  And what the hell is with the feral child???  Fun movie regardless!
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

SenorToenails wrote:

The Road Warrior  7/10

Interesting, but cheesy.  And what the hell is with the feral child???  Fun movie regardless!
agree
Brasso
+1,549|6641

really REALLY want to see inception at midnight tonight but can't.  going to see it on saturday.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

FEOS wrote:

Toy Story 3 8/10
- If you don't get choked up at the end, you either have no heart or what heart you do have is made of stone.
I choked up at up-until-then completely unlikeable Baby Doll emptying all her ammo into a reflection of herself in a Batman: TAS episode. Don't ask me about Toy Story 3.

WAAAAAH.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

yet you love 'dumb' action movies. .
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5270|foggy bottom

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I agree entirely
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

<insert Keanu "whoah" here>
PureBeef
+3|5093
The new Predator Film - 7/10

The film starts off well however as it goes on, it gets worse...

There is a good mix of characters, very cliched as you would expect from a predator film (if you've watched the first). The leader is an ex merc whos the usual badass leader typ;, cue the gruff voice and refusal to reveal his background to ANYONE. The rest are a rag tag bunch of spetz naz, convicts, African militants - you get the idea.

As for the predators, they are looking pretty mean, there seems to be a few more than usual and apparently have a social structure... Hunters and bitches.

Basically, the beggining is great. As the film goes on and the action kicks in it gets progressively worse, to the point where there is even a samurai sword fight between the Yakuza member and the predator...

I don't know why but this scene really gripped me.

Picture this, its midnight and the moon is shining, the yakuza gang member suddenly has a change of heart whilst fleeing with the others...He stops in the field they are running through (in the middle of a jungle - god knows). Suddenly the wind picks up blowing the long grass around his feet, he takes off his suit (lol) and reveals his sword (chinese music kicks in) he turns around and sees the predator...A battle begins, they both die. Some people start sobbing at the beauty of this moment, I cry inside at the death of this movie.

Last edited by PureBeef (2010-07-16 03:22:12)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6337|England
Wouldn't it be Japanese music kicking in seeing as Yakuza and Samurai are both Japanese
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6702|Devon, England
They're all the same.

(ololololol)
PureBeef
+3|5093

JakAttaK wrote:

Wouldn't it be Japanese music kicking in seeing as Yakuza and Samurai are both Japanese
Chinese, Japanese, what are these? dirty knees
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

PureBeef wrote:

Picture this, its midnight and the moon is shining, the yakuza gang member suddenly has a change of heart whilst fleeing with the others...He stops in the field they are running through (in the middle of a jungle - god knows). Suddenly the wind picks up blowing the long grass around his feet, he takes off his suit (lol) and reveals his sword (chinese music kicks in) he turns around and sees the predator...A battle begins, they both die. Some people start sobbing at the beauty of this moment, I cry inside at the death of this movie.
I thought it was a throwback to the original movie, where Billy chooses to try and fight the predator on that log bridge.  I didn't really find it out of place in either movie.  Opinions are opinions though.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6141|Carnoustie MASSIF
Inception 10/10
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6750|Toronto | Canada

Brothers - 8/10

Really good drama, enjoyed it quite a bit.  Natalie Portman , Jake Gyllenwhatshisname and Peter Parker all have pretty good performances.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

hot tub time machine - 80's/10

fuck yeah, the soundtrack was better than the wedding the singer, the film was truer than The Rolling Stone would have you believe, and

the rap song in the middle was black dynomite.

fuck you, i was there.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6753|FUCK UBISOFT

CammRobb wrote:

Inception 10/10
And I really never give 10/10s
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6422|'Murka

burnzz wrote:

hot tub time machine - 80's/10

fuck yeah, the soundtrack was better than the wedding the singer, the film was truer than The Rolling Stone would have you believe, and

the rap song in the middle was black dynomite.

fuck you, i was there.
Finally.

Someone else who gets it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

o/

[i'm listening to the soundtrack, and The Safety Dance came on - 20 years ago i was wtf? and some things never change]

Last edited by burnzz (2010-07-16 21:25:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard