unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Reciprocity wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'll give #4 a chance, but it's...#4...

The only #4's I like that I can think of at the moment is Star Trek IV and Star Wars: Episode IV (if that even counts).

edit: I suppose Indiana Jones 4 wasn't that bad. No more ridiculous than shit I've seen on the prequels. And Rocky IV. Rambo IV, to an extent (why didn't they just call it Rambo IV...), aw shit.
Is it actually #4?  I thought they were rebooting the franchise.  Clean slate and all that bull honkey.
No reboots listed in my post. Old Rambo is old. Old Indy is old.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
Pirate radio
liked it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

FFLink wrote:

By the way, I went to see Eclipse last night. Don't remember much of it, cos I was quite drunk, but I remember that the battle was pretty cool. Limbs and heads flying left, right and centre. Good times.

I recommend going with Vodka, I had an awesome night.
So.

Team Edward or Team Jacob?
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6472|Kakanien

SEREMAKER wrote:

how about Rocky IV

DRAAAAGGGGOOOOOOOOO
i must break you
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5870|00770
Sherlock Holmes 9/10
Twilight: Eclipse 10/10 (i've liked them all, books and movies.)
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire

Eifa wrote:

Sherlock Holmes 9/10
Twilight: Eclipse 10/10 (i've liked them all, books and movies.)
D: but just liking them can warrant a 10
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London
Girl with the dragon tattoo 8/10

Film was so-so but the story and characters were awesome. I've just ordered the trilogy of novels...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
dont you find buying the books after the movie totally destroys the whole 'experience'.

i mean part of the satisfaction in reading a great story with excellent plot/character development is that when you reach the end of it, you yourself have gone along on the same narrative-plot journey... you have sat and engaged with the storyline for several hours, maybe over several days, or even weeks. the film just kinda spills the bare-basic guts of the story out to you in a condensed, digestible 90 minutes. spoils it for me.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Uzique wrote:

dont you find buying the books after the movie totally destroys the whole 'experience'.

i mean part of the satisfaction in reading a great story with excellent plot/character development is that when you reach the end of it, you yourself have gone along on the same narrative-plot journey... you have sat and engaged with the storyline for several hours, maybe over several days, or even weeks. the film just kinda spills the bare-basic guts of the story out to you in a condensed, digestible 90 minutes. spoils it for me.
Yeah, I watched the Twighlight movies before reading the books. What a mistake that was.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

10 wtf's out of 10
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6472|Kakanien
citizen kane

9/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Uzique wrote:

Not really, for me at least. If the book has a lot of tidbits that aren't in the movie, it's still a relatively new experience. Then again, I will reread it later if it's decent.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
reaching the conclusion (or rather lack thereof-) of a book is a satisfying experience though: the ultimate teleological closure, if you will. you have sat, engaged with it and read it- with all that encompasses, the emotional highs/lows, the slow accrued sense of characters and their perspectives, the twists and the climaxes etc. - for hours, perhaps even day's worth of reading. knowing the essential ending of a story before you even sit down to read it is like... reading an entire book for trivia. surely a book that was worth making into a movie is 'worth' more attention and fascination than that? it's only logical, to me, to read the books first... experience the story, the plot, the characters and the settings in the vivid and lengthy book first... then see how the movie REALIZES those visions in short, summary, picture-form.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-04 16:23:44)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
I agree completely. Watching a film based on a book will also spoil any of your own input you put into the story, such as your perception of the characters looks and the way they speak, etc.

I enjoy watching films I've read the books of in hope that they bring to life some of the images I had of certain parts in my head, but for the most, I always have some disagreements with the way characters are portrayed, as opposed to how they should be from when I read it.

You also get shit cut out in films.

I'm less inclinded to read a book if I've already seen the film version.

Last edited by FFLink (2010-07-04 19:05:21)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

-------

Anyway:

Toy Story: 10/10
Independence Day: 8/10
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London

Uzique wrote:

Yup I do regret watching it now but at the time I honestly wasn't expecting things to be as good as they were. The second and third films are sitting on my hard drive till I've finished reading. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
The A-Team
9.5/10
Guns, explosions, Jessica Biel and hilarious one-liners.

Only problem is that I kinda got a wee bit bored at the end. They should've put something hilarious to end it with.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6472|Kakanien
fitzcarraldo

8-8,5/10
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uuGvmAxTI

-------

Anyway:

Toy Story: 10/10
Independence Day: 8/10
yeah I need to see toy story 3 the first one came out when I was a kid so still remember how awsm it was lol
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

Really well done imo
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I just saw P2. It's alright but I really wasn't scared at all, which is bad since it's supposed to be a scary movie.

I give it 6/10.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

This Friday:

[ ] Predators (I just KNOW it's gonna suck somehow )
[x] Despicable Me

If I get the day off, I'll see both. Got a pass to Toy Story 3, so now I'm obliged to see it again.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

ebug9 wrote:

Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

Really well done imo
the ending sucked balls.

Other than that, great movie.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6234|S.A. Australia
The Book of Eli - 8/10

Ending part was a little annoying and stupid but the rest of the film was
Serious Flex
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

Avatar: The Last Airbender - 3/10

This was absolutely terrible.  Bad script, pitiful acting, crappy effects.  Coming from a fan of the original show this was a complete disappointment.  Also, they pronounced the names of some of the characters incorrectly
The 3 is only for the fact that it was so bad it was hilarious at times.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard