unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Nic wrote:

Fynnegin wrote:

Really Nic? I thought that movie was rather poorly put together.

In theatre; Killers - 10/10 - Was funny and entertaining, all I was lookin' for.
At home; Lethal Weapon 2 - 9/10 - Good movie, but nowhere as good as the first.
yeah I liked most of it, the shots in the boat at the end were laughable though.
Book of Eli was trudging at times, but passable and easily worth the 8/10 for what it was. I'd like to know why the cannibals had shaky hands, though.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Book of Eli was trudging at times, but passable and easily worth the 8/10 for what it was. I'd like to know why the cannibals had shaky hands, though.
Kuru disease.  It causes trembling of the limbs.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SenorToenails wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kuru disease.  It causes trembling of the limbs.
I suppose, but how did it find its way to the Americas, or did the movie assume it was God's curse?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I suppose, but how did it find its way to the Americas, or did the movie assume it was God's curse?
Mad cow maybe?  I'll be honest--I need to see the movie before I can comment on that (I want to!  I just need to rent it).  But depicting cannibals as diseased makes perfect hollywood sense.  :p
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Cop Out 5/10 I only watched it because Tracy Morgan cracks me up, so in that respect it was a success. Other than that, not a very good movie, but still entertaining.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SenorToenails wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mad cow maybe?  I'll be honest--I need to see the movie before I can comment on that (I want to!  I just need to rent it).  But depicting cannibals as diseased makes perfect hollywood sense.  :p
Cannibalism didn't really make that huge of an emotional impact on the film. They could've left it out and the movie would've been the same, since you didn't really 'see' anything to begin with.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien
blue velvet

9/10

why is jealousy always one of the main motives in lynch's movies?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

A-Team - 9/10

Perfect for what it was.  Hilarious at some parts (flying the tank ) and some awesome action sequences.  Maybe not going to the cinema worthy but definitely a good movie to watch.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Winston_Churchill wrote:

A-Team - 9/10

Perfect for what it was.  Hilarious at some parts (flying the tank ) and some awesome action sequences.  Maybe not going to the cinema worthy but definitely a good movie to watch.
7/10 for me

CoD reference sorta pushed it over the edge for me though, and the fact that Lynch #1 had even a chance at kicking Hannibal's ass.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
rewatched 2 films today:

25th Hour - 9/10, fucking love this film
Bad Lieutenant  - 8/10, one of the herzog's that i hadnt seen before - featuring HAIR IS BIRD UZIQUE!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

Uzique wrote:

rewatched 2 films today:

Bad Lieutenant  - 8/10, one of the herzog's that i hadnt seen before - featuring HAIR IS BIRD UZIQUE!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/nic-cage-birdhair.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
have you seen the movie, sere? what did you think of it?

i liked herzog's crack-iguanas. kinda funny angle on bat-shit-insane drug experiences
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

Uzique wrote:

rewatched 2 films today:

yeah 25hour is a good movie

man of the year 6.5/10

Last edited by blademaster (2010-07-01 14:16:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Toy Story 3 (finally) in reald 3D: 10 engrossing points out of 10 guilt-trips, so the same as the first two for me

3d didn't really affect the movie all that much. It was a nice visual effect, but the huge strength of it, like in the previous Toy Stories, was in storyline. I wonder how video games would fit into this universe? Inanimate like board games? Is my NES, SNES and Sega Genesis somewhere in the world right now, being sad because I was made to sell them off for peanuts if I wanted to get a computer?

WAAAAAAH.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Cannibalism didn't really make that huge of an emotional impact on the film. They could've left it out and the movie would've been the same, since you didn't really 'see' anything to begin with.
I just watched the movie...I'd give it a 7/10.  The shaking and cannibalism had small pragmatic role, but you are absolutely right...it had very little emotional impact.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Hot tub time machine:
Good shit / 10
I had a laugh, but that could be because i lived in a ski resort for the last 10 years.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Gladiator - 10/10

Can't believe it took me this long to see it.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Poseidon wrote:

Gladiator - 10/10

Can't believe it took me this long to see it.
wtf?  Russell Crowe badass gladiator?  crappy cuba gooding jr gladiator?

what else have you denied yourself?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Wake in Fright - 7/10

"Wossamatter? Dontcha like the Yabba?"

A well-observed portrayal of outback life, based on what I've seen and heard. (Although they didn't have full-auto SLRs on the roo hunt....)
Worth watching if you want to get an idea of outback culture
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
Its official they selected the new spider-man!!!! its Andrew Garfield ??? who... u may be asking... read below...

https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1482/andrewgarfieldspiderman.jpg

Well slap me silly and call me Sally. Sony and Marc Webb have finally made their official choice for “Spider-Man” in their upcoming reboot, and it’s 26-year old actorAndrew Garfield (“Never Let Me Go”, “The Social Network”). Nothing says “authentic” Peter Parker in high school than a 26-year old British guy! Well that’s not exactly true. Garfield was born in the States, but grew up in Jolly ol England, which explains his heavily British resume, including a stint on “Doctor Who”, a show that, by British Law, every British actor must appear in at least onnce.

And hey, Tobey Maguire was 27 when he first played Spider-Man in 2002, so it’s not like Garfield is trailblazing new ground here. And yet, wasn’t the whole idea here to go back to the gritty, nerdy days of Peter Parker, high school geek? Wasn’t that why Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi were jettisoned, because their shtick had gotten “old”?

Anyways. Just to prove that this casting is indeed true and not yet another out of the blue fabrication by some blog, Sony released pictures from the official announcement, which took place in Cancun, Mexico of all places, featuring Garfield and director Marc Webb on stage.
source
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'll give #4 a chance, but it's...#4...

The only #4's I like that I can think of at the moment is Star Trek IV and Star Wars: Episode IV (if that even counts).

edit: I suppose Indiana Jones 4 wasn't that bad. No more ridiculous than shit I've seen on the prequels. And Rocky IV. Rambo IV, to an extent (why didn't they just call it Rambo IV...), aw shit.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

You kidding me!? IJ 4 was absolutely absurdly terrible. At least with the first 3 I could suspend my disbelief and buy into the mythology. Just couldn't do that with the 4th one. It was retarded.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'll give #4 a chance, but it's...#4...

The only #4's I like that I can think of at the moment is Star Trek IV and Star Wars: Episode IV (if that even counts).

edit: I suppose Indiana Jones 4 wasn't that bad. No more ridiculous than shit I've seen on the prequels. And Rocky IV. Rambo IV, to an extent (why didn't they just call it Rambo IV...), aw shit.
Is it actually #4?  I thought they were rebooting the franchise.  Clean slate and all that bull honkey.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

how about Rocky IV

DRAAAAGGGGOOOOOOOOO
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
By the way, I went to see Eclipse last night. Don't remember much of it, cos I was quite drunk, but I remember that the battle was pretty cool. Limbs and heads flying left, right and centre. Good times.

I recommend going with Vodka, I had an awesome night.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard