Poll

Have you played/collected/had something to do with Pokemon before?

Yes82%82% - 107
No7%7% - 10
pshhh - nerd...10%10% - 13
Total: 130
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

I still have a binder full of Pokemon cards sitting in a closet in my basement 

and Emulators ftw
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

KILLSWITCH wrote:

pshhh - nerd...

usmarine2 wrote:

No.  When I was younger we had real toys like GI Joe and Transformers, not this gay shit you guys played with.
Yes!!  Although, it was Action Man for me.  GI Joe was before my time, you wrinkly bastard.
Serious, I am not even that old and when ever I hear you guys on about this I cant help but thing how young you all must be... and how fucking huge losers.

I only had like 1 GI joe though, that I stole from a friend who had tons. I had maybe 3 other x-men toys and that was about it... Mainly played with boxes or old broken electronics... random stuff like that.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

VicktorVauhn wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

pshhh - nerd...

usmarine2 wrote:

No.  When I was younger we had real toys like GI Joe and Transformers, not this gay shit you guys played with.
Yes!!  Although, it was Action Man for me.  GI Joe was before my time, you wrinkly bastard.
Serious, I am not even that old and when ever I hear you guys on about this I cant help but thing how young you all must be... and how fucking huge losers.

I only had like 1 GI joe though, that I stole from a friend who had tons. I had maybe 3 other x-men toys and that was about it... Mainly played with boxes or old broken electronics... random stuff like that.
People are losers for liking Pokemon and GI Joe when they were younger? What the fuck?
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

pshhh - nerd...

People are losers for liking Pokemon and GI Joe when they were younger? What the fuck?
vicktor gets raged easily. cut him some slack
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Must be that PS3 angst.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

usmarine2 wrote:

Yep.  I got at least a few GI Joes and a few Transformers every Christmas up until about my 9th birthday.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5789|Dublin, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Yep.  I got at least a few GI Joes and a few Transformers every Christmas up until about my 9th birthday.
Yes sir.  Then they took them away and started giving kids these weird ass toys, then schools started being shot up.  Coincidence?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

usmarine2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Yes sir.  Then they took them away and started giving kids these weird ass toys, then schools started being shot up.  Coincidence?
i think not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_sho … _shootings
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

Poseidon wrote:

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Must be that PS3 angst.
Yes, little kids can be loosers too.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

usmarine2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

I remember watching my little brother and his friends have POG wars and me thinking "what the fuck are they doing?"

I was always jealous of one of my friends too, because he had almost every single Ninja Turtles character.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

i g wrote:

Must be that PS3 angst.
Do you even realize how many people liked Pokemon and GI Joe back at their peaks? Christ, what the fuck do you think the "non loser" type of kid is?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC
Speaking of childhood, Nickelodeon during the 90s pwned amirite?
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Must be that PS3 angst.
Do you even realize how many people liked Pokemon and GI Joe back at their peaks? Christ, what the fuck do you think the "non loser" type of kid is?
the ones who were molested and had no toys

HurricaИe wrote:

fuck yeah!

Last edited by i g (2008-07-06 11:22:59)

usmarine2
Banned
+233|5789|Dublin, Ohio

HurricaИe wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

No where near the frequency as today.  You cannot even deny that son.  We did not have metal detectors and CCTV you fucking emos.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

HurricaИe wrote:

Holy shit flashback. Rocko's Modern Life, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Ren and Stimpy...oh man that was good shit.

OH, and Double Dare. Not the shitty Double Dare 2000, regular Double Dare...where they had prizes like a computer with Windows DOS on it...fucking great.
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

VicktorVauhn wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

pshhh - nerd...

usmarine2 wrote:

Man that's really cool, boxes and old broken electronics?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

usmarine2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Those action figures were the stupidest toy ever. I always wondered what exactly was fun about them when I was a kid.
Was kinda fun pulling their arms off though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Gawwad wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Those action figures were the stupidest toy ever. I always wondered what exactly was fun about them when I was a kid.
Was kinda fun pulling their arms off though.
Yeah, you had to use your imagination, so I guess you wouldn't get it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

usmarine2 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

No where near the frequency as today.  You cannot even deny that son.  We did not have metal detectors and CCTV you fucking emos.
we don't have metal detectors and CCTV at my school

which is bad cause there's one kid in the grade below me who:

-always sits alone and has a look of despair in his eyes

-is kinda awkward

-apparently mumbles to himself

-makes really detailed drawings of guns and grenades and swords in his English class

And yeah Poseidon weren't they awesome? Oh and Kablaam! and "Oh Yeah!" (or something like that). Along with the other shit like Stick Stickley in the summer... Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, god damn I miss that. I even remember when Spongebob (moar like spengebab amirite) premiered... damn kids these days don't know their roots.

edit: I didn't have too many action figures, I had a lot of Tonka trucks though and a lot of Lego and Brio trains. Those were fun too. I remember I had a like scuba diver guy, and after watching a few too many episodes of "Kablam" I decided to send him down the toilet like Stinky Diver.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-07-06 11:34:24)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

HurricaИe wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

we don't have metal detectors and CCTV at my school

which is bad cause there's one kid in the grade below me who:

-always sits alone and has a look of despair in his eyes

-is kinda awkward

-apparently mumbles to himself

-makes really detailed drawings of guns and grenades and swords in his English class

And yeah Poseidon weren't they awesome? Oh and Kablaam! and "Oh Yeah!" (or something like that). Along with the other shit like Stick Stickley in the summer... Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, god damn I miss that. I even remember when Spongebob (moar like spengebab amirite) premiered... damn kids these days don't know their roots.
Rugrats died for me when they made them "grow up".

There's a reason why I really only watch a few shows and besides that turn TV off. TV's shit now.
THE_EYE
Banned
+76|5804|Amsterdam, NY
I Wanna Be The Very Best......
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC
This show I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMywTO7aAPo

can't embed it

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-07-06 11:37:40)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

THE_EYE wrote:

That no one ever was.

DUN DUN DUN

oh and talking with Hurricane on IRC, I've realized - Action League NOW! was the best shit ever.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Poseidon wrote:

THE_EYE wrote:

That no one ever was.

DUN DUN DUN

oh and talking with Hurricane on IRC, I've realized - Action League NOW! was the best shit ever.
holy fuck! i never would have remembered that
THE_EYE
Banned
+76|5804|Amsterdam, NY

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

THE_EYE wrote:

That no one ever was.

DUN DUN DUN

holy fuck! i never would have remembered that
Best show evar tbh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard