Jage
<3
+4|6004|Finland, Europe
i downloaded this and this is what i get:

I cant hit any better, but I got headshotted everytime. This is really weird.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5800|sweden

LiGaLiZe wrote:

"does that regulate the player calculation count on the server?"
Yes, aka if you are playing on 64 man servers you should edit it to 64, to not get killed easily by people who are just firing their random bullets. On waib and scrims i used to have perflogatplayer at 16 but when i changed it to 64 it made me quite dusty but my own reg became worse, so my point was it is quite hard to find balance being dusty and hit well at same time.
fuck, so that's what people use. those bastards...

Guy.Buddy.Friend, can you make an update so that it automatically matches the perflogatplayercount to the max player count on the server? would be appreciated.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-06 07:40:50)

xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6650|internet
for f9ck sake......
How the f8ck can this affect gameplay?
Are you all server admins and you run this shit?
Because all this stuff is calculated on the server side,there is no way to change anything on the client (your) side.........
Or you all totally dumb useless idiots or admins..one of those....
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6318

Jage wrote:

If this stuff works, I've heard that the interpolation time will make you dust less but it also makes other people dust less on you. That's probably EA hasn't made it detectable by PunkBuster (it gives you an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time)
Adamshannon8
+94|6191

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

for f9ck sake......
Because all this stuff is calculated on the server side,there is no way to change anything on the client (your) side.........
Wow, you sir fail, have you ever gone to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings\usersettings.con" and edit those files?

if not then thats what this program is doing..
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6650|internet

Adamshannon8 wrote:

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

for f9ck sake......
Wow, you sir fail, have you ever gone to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings\usersettings.con" and edit those files?

if not then thats what this program is doing..
yes,that is where i store my hacks.....

you want to tell me that if i edit one of those files i can actually hit anything with a gun?
rofl dude.....
that shit is server side...there is no way to modify anything...it can work only for SP

Last edited by xxCaptainBlackxx (2008-07-06 09:10:25)

BORNKILLERS
+7|6664|uk
Its a good try and creating something to help people but it just simply all in the head if it works so many factors to consider and one little script will not solve the problem that has been in the game for 3 years.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6148
Again, set PerfLogAtPlayerCount to x because ... ?  Why would you set it to any particular value?  Nobody knows what it does.  There is no documentation on it.  You're pissing into the wind and catching a gobful as far as I'm concerned.  It's fine to speculate and say this may or may not work, but I'm fed up of reading posts saying "oh this is what this does and if you change it to x then you will see some sort of beneficial effect".  Bullshit.  Prove it.

Also, unless the network code is absolutely horrendous, editing any of these files should not have an effect on other people being able/unable to hit you.  I've seen absolutely no evidence to suggest this is the case.  Again -- prove it.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5872

BORNKILLERS wrote:

Its a good try and creating something to help people but it just simply all in the head if it works so many factors to consider and one little script will not solve the problem that has been in the game for 3 years.
This program varies from person to person. The only reason it was a "placebo" before is because there was never a universal setting. Settings are different server to server. While this is true, it still may not make difference due to terrible ping fluxuation or if you have a low end system. I know what you're talking about dude, I've been around BF2 as long as you have. I just don't want you parading your close minded intolerance around.
aimless
+166|6131|Texas

Jage wrote:

Same here. I was getting one shotted like crazy
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6154|San Antonio, Texas
May be a placebo, but my reg was pretty good when playing PR.
HaawwK
+31|5991|Bolton
i download it, load into the waib, set my ping to 500 and 1 burst almost everybody... no jokes
i g
Banned
+876|5870|GA

HaawwK wrote:

i download it, load into the waib, set my ping to 500 and 1 burst almost everybody... no jokes
lulz
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I call bs
Adamshannon8
+94|6191

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

you want to tell me that if i edit one of those files i can actually hit anything with a gun?
rofl dude.....
that shit is server side...there is no way to modify anything...it can work only for SP
Then go to a low ping server set your ping to 999 and see how much dust you get sir.
HaawwK
+31|5991|Bolton

Adamshannon8 wrote:

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

rofl dude.....
Then go to a low ping server set your ping to 999 and see how much dust you get sir.
your the retard here, i just did EXACTLY what u said and got the same as i would get if i put it to my actuall ping, tweaks ARE placebo, BUT placebo isnt a bad thing... if you think your tweaking your reg to be good and then it feels like your getting better reg, then why not use it?
VividSynergy
Banned
+6|5795|Bolingbrook, United States
I didn't make this video or anything, but maybe this will prove something?

BORNKILLERS
+7|6664|uk
^^ this guy knows what he is talking about.
DupaUnit
+18|5998
Whew, I'm unbanned (thanks Zimmer!).  Now I can make some responses to people's questions.

----------------------------------------

Q:

A:
I guess you found out that inputting a crazy setting helps you.  Strange, but sounds like you're getting good hit reg now

Q:
Does this application edit PerfLogAtPlayerCount? Cus if it doesn't then it is at 32 by default but by modifying that one to 64 gonna make you dustier aka people gonna get dust puffs on your head but it still depends at other people's reg.

A:
It does nothing with that setting.

Q:
I've tried changing these settings numerous times.  Sometimes it felt better, sometimes it felt worse.... I've yet to see any actual evidence that changing the settings yields an advantage

A:
The fact that people saw any kind of change, for better or for worse, after changing these settings shows that they do have some effect on the game.  Perhaps since people weren't using optimal settings, the changes weren't always for the better.
I realize that this topic has been up in the air for a long time as to whether or not it actually affects the gameplay.  I strongly believe they do change things very much.  When I run HitFixer and it changes all the three settings very quickly, you can actually see the characters stutter for a second or two.  That's the game changing the timing of how it displays the "keyframes" and positions of moving objects.  Also, if I join a server and forget to use HitFixer, I get very few hits on moving targets.  I then realize I didn't run HitFixer, I run it, and my reg is immediately fixed.

Q:
(This question is in reference to a bug with HitFixer where it didn't modify the Extrapolation value.  This bug was fixed with version 1.31)
The fact that HitFixer entered the interp value twice (in the screenshot it shows up as 25 instead of 300, just a slight error...) and loads of people still claimed it was great just seals it for me.

A:
I did make a mistake on my last revision of this app (v1.3), but it wasn't as far off as you think.  If you look at the commands in my screenshot, it sets the incorrect interpolation first, THEN the correct one.  The code I had:
    PingVar += 7
    Temp01 := PingVar / 1000
    Temp02 := PingVar * 12
        Send,SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation %Temp01% {Enter}
    Sleep 20
        Send,SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime{Space} %Temp02% {Enter} <<<<<MISLABELED EXTRAPOLATION
    Sleep 20
        Send,SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime{Space} %PingVar% {Enter}

In the tutorial screenshot, you see that the Interpolation should have been set to 25.  HitFixer would incorrectly set it to 300, then the next command set it to the correct value of 25.  The only value that was being changed incorrectly was the Extrapolation, which doesn't appear to affect the hitboxes nearly as much Interpolation anyway.  Since the app WAS setting the Interpolation value correctly, significant changes were being made to people's reg.  HitFixer still set the two most important values for people.  I don't know how I let that slip in my last version, but it has been corrected.

Q:
I just think it's pointless to use it if the author can't explain the rationale behind it.

A:
Over the past 2 years I've done a fair amount of reading on different theories about what the three settings do.  I know, for the most part, what they each control.  I don't remember the forums or exact sites where I found the best explanations, but after some quick Googling just now, here are some links that you can read discussing these settings:
    http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/ … p?t=134344
    http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69001

The stock settings of Battlefield are assuming that people have a ping of 100ms, which is probably close to what the average player gets.  The stock settings are:
    * Latency Comp .100
    * Extrap 1200
    * Interp 100

Over the last 2 years, I spent lots of time tweaking these settings and observing their effects.  The one setting that most people change, the Latency Compensation, actually has the smallest effect on hit reg.  People probably flocked to changing that one because of the name of the command.  The little effect that this command actually has on the hitboxes would also explain why people think these settings are bogus... because the one they changed really doesn't change the hit reg much.  Latency Compensation used to be the only one I tweaked too, and I wasn't 100% sure it changed anything either.  Once I started to mess with the Interpolation, that's when the changes were obvious.  I found that the lower I set it, the better my zoomed shots hit, and the higher I set it, the better my hip shots worked.  Also, if I set the Interpolation too low, the game would stutter.
    This video has been around for a long time, but it illustrates how the Interpolation command can drastically change the game:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6tph6p-Vc4

Whenever I encountered a player who appeared to get perfect hit reg, I would pick their brain about how they tweaked their settings.  Some tweaked, some did not.  Eventually a player I know, who gets amazing hit reg, explained their formula to me.  It really is quite simple and logical, and is as follows:

Based off EA's default settings, there is a simple ratio to the three settings
    * The Latency Compensation is set to your ping / 1000
    * The Extrapolation is set to your ping * 12
    * The Interpolation is set to your ping (no changes)

So, using this formula, I would go to the console and type out those long commands, then enter the values according to this formula.  Say my ping was 30, I would set:
    * Latency Comp to .03
    * Extrap to 360
    * Interp to 30

I immediately noticed a difference.  I would sometimes add a little to my ping, but I always found a sweet spot.  After using it for a few months, I generally found that adding 7 to my ping felt better in game. So when you use HitFixer and enter your ping into the console, it adds 7 to your value, divides that by 1000 for the Latency Compensation, multiplies by 12 for the Extrapolation, and sets the Interpolation to that value.  That's it.  I got tired of typing out the long lines (SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation) into the console and doing the math, so I made this application to do the work automatically.
i g
Banned
+876|5870|GA

VividSynergy wrote:

I didn't make this video or anything, but maybe this will prove something?

that video is fucking dumb. give up guys; there is no way to fix your reg. it depends solely on your internet connection, your opponent's connection, and how good (or bad) the server is.

Last edited by i g (2008-07-06 11:04:50)

CommonSense
Banned
+51|5942|New York
LOOK GUYS IT WORKS IT WORKS TEHMYKE EVENT TOLD ME SO OVER XFIRE!!!!

! TehRaep (tehmyke): yar
! TehRaep (tehmyke): the usersettings help fix hitreg
! TehRaep (tehmyke): guiz
! TehRaep (tehmyke): lgo to the thread and do wat he saids. ur hitreg will be better
! TehRaep (tehmyke): googogogog
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6715

CommonSense wrote:

LOOK GUYS IT WORKS IT WORKS TEHMYKE EVENT TOLD ME SO OVER XFIRE!!!!

! TehRaep (tehmyke): yar
! TehRaep (tehmyke): the usersettings help fix hitreg
! TehRaep (tehmyke): guiz
! TehRaep (tehmyke): lgo to the thread and do wat he saids. ur hitreg will be better
! TehRaep (tehmyke): googogogog
no the conversation went more like this:

[14:12] jihad (demois411): i have herpes

ps, usersettings is a lie, kthxbai.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
HaawwK
+31|5991|Bolton
yes its a lie, but its such a good lie people believe it and they actually believe they are getting better reg, so leave them to it

ps sound tweaks help ur reg ALOT

Last edited by HaawwK (2008-07-06 11:20:54)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6441
Doesn't the game just start at 100ms and then sample out averaging on your ping anyway making manual setting useless anyway?
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6715
sound.con > usersettings.con
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard