Zoeff
+5|5794|The Netherlands
I'm confused, how am I supposed to run it without using the exe?

edit: bah, just got kicked for it ><

Last edited by Zoeff (2008-07-04 19:13:29)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6530|Internetfitlerland

Mine was already quite good, so its hard to tell if these settings have actually improved anything.  Its made my Interpolation (or whatever) quite a bit higher (100 up to 700 odd).
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6453

100% Irishpride wrote:

load of poo tbh, From what I can see, you took it that the average ping of players set by EA is .100000(100), so, from what you have learned about the latency, you divide/Multiplay the other 2 values from the change of .100000, its a load of bolox do. not a change, fail, epic.
It made a world of difference for me.
Adamshannon8
+94|6178

Zoeff wrote:

Download and install this: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/Auto … nstall.exe

This will install the Auto Hot Key program that runs .ahk scripts

Then download the .ahk file in the OP and double click to start the script.
VividSynergy
Banned
+6|5781|Bolingbrook, United States
Wow, I head shotted 3 guys out of their choppers while using this.  Thank you.
Adamshannon8
+94|6178

VividSynergy wrote:

it works!!  i can play on any server now and get 1/2 decent hitregging!
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5859

Adamshannon8 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

The thing i find frustrating is that I'm CONSTANTLY getting headshotted. It's so frustrating.
Adamshannon8
+94|6178

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

The thing i find frustrating is that I'm CONSTANTLY getting headshotted. It's so frustrating.
same, but i'm sure this guy who had a constant 260 ping was fishy anyway...
Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool
Woah.

I tried this

and

I CAN HIT MOVING TARGETS SOMETIMES NOW! This is great. TYVM for posting it EDIT: I can even run people over now, they dont just get dragged along

Also karmaz

Last edited by Wallpaper (2008-07-05 02:29:23)

¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6177
so this actually works?
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!
any of you people who have tried it live in europe bwecause my pc goes all fucked up when i try it and then i mean FUCKED UP...everything is normal so it looks atleast....but the keyboard stops to work and if i press esc the game tabs down when i double click at at icon to example mozilla firefox....i get properties...and the wierdest thing is that in bf2 when I press ctrl+0 my "man" sinks trougn the ground with half his body jumps by him self reloads by him self...but after a while everything is normal...I mean WHAT THRE FUCK?!?!?

Last edited by thepilot91 (2008-07-05 03:07:08)

Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool

thepilot91 wrote:

any of you people who have tried it live in europe bwecause my pc goes all fucked up when i try it and then i mean FUCKED UP...everything is normal so it looks atleast....but the keyboard stops to work and if i press esc the game tabs down when i double click at at icon to example mozilla firefox....i get properties...and the wierdest thing is that in bf2 when I press ctrl+0 my "man" sinks trougn the ground with half his body jumps by him self reloads by him self...but after a while everything is normal...I mean WHAT THRE FUCK?!?!?
You sure youre bringing the console down first?
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5787|sweden
didn't notice any real difference.
and a question: if i change it from within the game, is the change supposed to show when i enter the usersettings file? cause it doesn't

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-05 03:46:35)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

legionair wrote:

Wrong syntax... thats all I get
make sure you didn't type anything before pressing Ctl+0. Open the console and make sure it's blank.
Yes, sometimes when you hit the tilde a tilde gets typed into the console, make sure everything is erased.
dont know why, but I was able to write in only after I pushed Ctrl button again. It worked though dont know how much it helped. I had pretty decent hitreg before as well. Maybe someone could make up a program which helps to get my skill up?
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6487|Sydney, Australia

Adamshannon8 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

As if your hit reg was bad before?

Does this actually work? I don't like installing too much little applications on my computer. I forget about them and they clog up processor/RAM/disk space. If enough people say it's good I'll give it a go.

Last edited by Vub (2008-07-05 05:10:33)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de

Zimmer wrote:

I apologise for banning the creator of this project; but he bumped every single topic in existence that consisted of BF2 hitpoints, spamming and thinking it was "the best thing for the community, helping them " - so I ( without noticing this topic ) banned him. I was going to revert that ban when he started insulting me and acting like god. Ban is still in place and unless Chuy sees it fit to unban, it will stay like that. I feel I was harsh on my decision up until the point where he thought himself better than reading the rules.

I apologise for the all the users here that were looking forward to this program and getting helped out, but I don't stand for members like that. Sorry.
ban first - talk later....
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6305

legionair wrote:

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

make sure you didn't type anything before pressing Ctl+0. Open the console and make sure it's blank.
Yes, sometimes when you hit the tilde a tilde gets typed into the console, make sure everything is erased.
dont know why, but I was able to write in only after I pushed Ctrl button again. It worked though dont know how much it helped. I had pretty decent hitreg before as well. Maybe someone could make up a program which helps to get my skill up?
hax tbh
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6152|Dublin

Adamshannon8 wrote:

Zoeff wrote:

You sure know alot about Autohotkey and macro programs for somebody dosnt use them, eh?
Adamshannon8
+94|6178

Vub wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

As if your hit reg was bad before?

Does this actually work? I don't like installing too much little applications on my computer. I forget about them and they clog up processor/RAM/disk space. If enough people say it's good I'll give it a go.
1) Yes it works
2) I can play with a 150 ping and get reg like i have a 70 ping with this.

100% Irishpride wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

Zoeff wrote:

You sure know alot about Autohotkey and macro programs for somebody dosnt use them, eh?
1) Its on there main page as DOWNLOAD, 2 its trial and error to get it to work
2) How can you not know how to run a script, its like php scripts you dl some installers then run the .php files... or upload them to a server and run them from there...

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2008-07-05 09:42:39)

Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6135
Dice has never explained the context surrounding the network commands (interp and extrap are general concepts -- the specific implementation details are unknown), so changing them is basically trial & error.   

I've tried changing them numerous times.  Sometimes it felt better, sometimes it felt worse.  Sometimes I couldn't even remember what I'd set them to.  Eventually I stopped bothering and I just use the defaults.  I've yet to see any actual evidence that changing the settings yields an advantage (other than unsubstantiated cries of "omg it works for me!11").

I am extremely sceptical that this program does anything worthwhile.  What's the point in writing a settings 'optimiser' when nobody actually knows what the settings do in the first place?  How can you claim to optimise something you do not fully understand?

For all we know, half of these settings aren't even hooked up to the game.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2008-07-05 09:58:46)

ph4s3
engineer
+34|6821|Texas
I'm with arnie_ze_austrian... Sounds like a bunch of bullshit.  If it was that easy to fix hitreg, the programmers would've built it into the game with any one of the numerous patches.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5787|sweden

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Dice has never explained the context surrounding the network commands (interp and extrap are general concepts -- the specific implementation details are unknown), so changing them is basically trial & error.   

I've tried changing them numerous times.  Sometimes it felt better, sometimes it felt worse.  Sometimes I couldn't even remember what I'd set them to.  Eventually I stopped bothering and I just use the defaults.  I've yet to see any actual evidence that changing the settings yields an advantage (other than unsubstantiated cries of "omg it works for me!11").

I am extremely sceptical that this program does anything worthwhile.  What's the point in writing a settings 'optimiser' when nobody actually knows what the settings do in the first place?  How can you claim to optimise something you do not fully understand?

For all we know, half of these settings aren't even hooked up to the game.
i'm guessing that this won't make that much difference if you play on low ping servers since they don't stray too far from the default settings. however, this would probably be of great aid to people that play on high ping servers, where default settings are way off.
i'm still going to use it on low ping servers since i don't feel the difference (and i won't mind an extra little registration here and there)

thepilot91 wrote:

you need to open the AutoHotKey thing so it runs down in the right corner before you open the HitFixer file.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-05 10:23:57)

thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!
works fine now dunno what went wrong :S...pwn ftw
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6320|Australia
Well, it works for me. At least, I've played of a few servers and haven't had bad reg yet.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5784|Dublin, Ohio
I fixed my hitreg.  I put 5 bricks of c4 on the front of the car and ram shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard