Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

Tehremos wrote:

fermatx wrote:

Never play BF2 without sound...
lol the amount of people that type in the squad chat "sorry, i have music on" or " I have the sound off so i can't hear what you are saying"

i just want to slpa them, i've never play with one of them where they actually got a good score
The actual reason I said that is because you can more easily tell which direction the gunfire is coming from, and you can differentiate the missile tones.

That's probably the reason they suck, lol

Tehremos wrote:

fermatx wrote:

When on a ladder, press C to check for claymores at the top.
i never knew that could be done, but i always checked for claymores by going up to the top of a ladder, and just peaking over the edge, they only blow if th majority of your body is above the ledge
On the old server, there was a guide on how not to be killed by claymores. I took it from that.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6221|Finland
This should work:

You can defuse claymore on top of the ladders with engineer kit if you switch to wrench before you start climbing.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6438
Defusing AT mines as engineer actually puts the mine into your arsenal.  If you are out of mines and no ammo is nearby, just defuse some enemy mines to replenish.

Learn which locks mean which things.  AA and Jets lock onto you differently. 

Bullet drop is the same for all weapons.  Or so I have gathered.

Learn to use ridgelines as a way to snipe.  You may not be able to see them from that far, but you sure can see there outline against the sky. 

If someone calls you a hacker, don't say anything.  I find it far more satisfying, and frustrating for the opponent, when you own them, and then act like they don't exist.

If you get into a nice sniperfight and win, talk shit.  If they get mad, I can guarantee you're going to win the next one, and the next.

If you are playing Karkand IO and don't know what kit you want, take medic.  Revives = tickets, and a happy team.

Mashtuur City has some dope ass sniping spots. 

Teabag whenever possible.  I'll take a death if it means I get to teabag some chump.  (See shit talking advice)
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5794|sweden

Tehremos wrote:

but i always checked for claymores by going up to the top of a ladder, and just peaking over the edge, they only blow if th majority of your body is above the ledge
people seem to liek to do that. not a good idea if someone at the top actually knows that you're on your way up. C is preferred ;P
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Bullet drop is the same for all weapons.  Or so I have gathered.
No it isnt. The .50 hardly has any drop at all while the AWP has a ton.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

- Never stop moving
- Always assume there is somebody watching you
- Walk AWAY from the red arty icon on the radar if it is nearby
- Always assume that when the enemy commander is firing arty, and you can see/hear it, assume its going to you if you are capping his flag
- Alternate kits throughout the round to suit the type of opposition
- Dont senselessly spawn on the same flag to get spawnraped over and over (Sharqi TV Station, last flag on Gator as SEAL's on the deck, etc)
- As a bomber pilot, if you have a gunner who can LGM, fly FOR them: believe me, you are much more devastating
- Anybody can fly and own in a J10, dont think you are a good pilot because of it
- Never take a direct route into an enemy base, always use FAV's to speed around and hit from the sides/behind
- Dont take on tanks single-handedly with an AT kit: get a 2-3man team of you to do it (unless you have enough cover)
- ALWAYS aim for the front tracks on a tank: those 1hit-rebound-kills are rare enough not to bother trying for, and the front tracks = 2shot kill
- APC's are not that deadly, 2 AT rockets will dispatch that foe
- People who play in vehicle servers hate and frown upon people who play IO: and vice versa, and is something that will never change
- Most people will cry about uncap rape, some agree, some disagree. There will never be an acceptance between the two parties
- Solo'ing is a part of the game and required at times
- The HMG's (KORD/M2HB) on vehicles tear shit into enemy helicopters: dont be afraid of them. Grounded Z8/Mi17's can also be used for the humiliation factor
- Points dont mean jackshit in the grand-scheme of things, just play the game and dont care if you get a KDA or the kill when using AT-rockets vs tanks or the HMG's vs helis
- Mobile AA owns the shit out of jets, learn to use it. You should only really beware of the 2seater bomber jets
- Stationary AA blows, but can make the odd kill vs helicopters
- No vehicle or weapon sucks, its only the user
- Learn to use the terrain and minimap to get the low-down on enemies, i.e. abandoned vehicles on the radar
- Engineers can defuse ATmines and Claymores, and can repair damaged barrels and "teddy crates"
- APC gunports are not useless, they can rape the shit out of the PLA uncap on FuShe by sitting the other side of the chainlink fence by the helipads (cannon/missile fire cant get through...your amazingly accurate gunports can)
- Dont fire your AA cannon, Tank MG's, APC cannons or any other weapon with tracers (i.e. LMG's) at enemy choppers unless you want to draw their attention to you (except when they are very close)
- Always use the shock paddle over the knife in CQC as a medic: knife hitreg is terrible.
- Dont be afraid of using the GL or any other "noob friendly weapon" (i.e. unlocks in some peoples eyes): they are in the game, use them as you see fit
- Pick up dead peoples kitbags to drop claymores, throw smoke, resupply, repair and provide medic bags (unless you CTD from it often )
- Destroying commander assets is pointless unless you can consistently keep them down throughout the round. If you must do it, take out the UAV first.
- Just because you have an M95, does NOT give you automatic rights to that jet/heli.
- If your LGM missiles are bugging, bail out to let somebody else have a go: you are of no use to your pilot or team if you cannot fire
- AF jets are not shit, they just require different tactics in use
- Never type chat ingame, you will probably be kicked for arguing with an admin or kicked from the language filter
- Never drop vehicles or supplies as a commander unless they are requested (if no requests are ever made, drop supplies at strategic areas, always save the vehicles)
- Always give UAV and arty support as a commander, and do a "Squad leader, resupply available on your request" to let SL's know you are there to aid them
- Vehicles dropped by the vehicle drop will explode after 20seconds if not occupied.
- Leave AT-mines under unoccupied vehicles when capping a flag: always results in some nice sneaky kills
- You will rarely come across an actual hacker: most people who get accused just had a lucky shot and/or are just that damn good.
- Claymores can kill enemies in an FAV/DPV
- Do not be predictable, try to vary what you do and where you attack
- If on a bombing run, and somebody starts to lock onto you, check F12 quickly, and if it is a jet, pull out of your bombing run immediatly. Dont flare straight away, only use flares when missiles have been released from the enemy jet (no point flaring if hes not going to fire...)
- Friendly AA missiles CAN track your jet: beware of this
- Teamplaying is NOT limited to reviving, healing and resupplying.
- SF is actually a lot better than people give it credit for: the maps are much better balanced than vanilla
- Flashbangs are next to useless unless you can hit somebody in the face with one
- The Benelli M4 autoshotgun can be used at medium range to great effect, unlike the jackhammer/DAO
- There is already a PLA infantry map: its called Great Wall
aimless
+166|6125|Texas
-Intentional Missle dodging is gay.
-Missles can fly off an enemy jet and hit a friendly (or enemy) jet/chopper.
-The china runway on Wake only fills one bomb unless theres a supply crate on it as well.

Last edited by aimless (2008-07-04 11:12:20)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

aimless wrote:

-Missles can fly off an enemy jet and hit a friendly jet/chopper.
That hasent happened since 1.12
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
aimless
+166|6125|Texas

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

aimless wrote:

It happens to me constantly. Whenever I'm chasing and enemy jet that's chasing my friendly jet. Missles will simply slide off and slam into my teammates jet.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

aimless wrote:

Doesnt happen a lot, but it does. I tend to find it happens to me more when I have high ping (lag spikes, etc).
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria
--Play with a surround sound system. This helps a lot in quickly detecting the exact location of enemies behind your back.

--Always use the original language settings, that is Chinese and Arabic for PLA and MEC respectively. Makes it much easier differing between friendly and enemy hand grenades. (The same applies to the accented English that the Euro soldiers speak.)

--When encountering a single enemy at a corner, quickly turn around and hide behind the corner, only to jump out right before the enemy himself reaches the corner. Of course you need to take into the kit & weapon of the enemy and the distance. A lot of people fall for that trick. It works best with guns like the MP7 and the shotguns.

--Check out some of the crosshair tutorials, both for guns and choppers, to learn where your weapons will really fire.
Laika
+75|5943
You can save yourself from getting shot on a ladder by either looking down and double tapping the W key or by hitting space bar to jump off.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5866
Your reaction time plays a huge role in this game, improve it.
Weflect
wut?
+30|5930|Finland

aimless wrote:

-Intentional Missle dodging is gay.
-Missles can fly off an enemy jet and hit a friendly (or enemy) jet/chopper.
-The china runway on Wake only fills one bomb unless theres a supply crate on it as well.
Same thing with Dalian Plant/PLA, Taraba Quarry and Op Clean Sweep/Small Airstrip runways.

-Fly at 1 bomb mode.
-Jet MG is more useful than you think.
-Tired of BF2/Like IO? Try SF.
-There is nothing lame in GLs.
-Disable your intro movies and change in-game wallpaper.
-If you are flying bomber or attackchopper always try to get a decent gunner or pilot.
-Try to play so many maps as possible.
-Learn layout of different maps and learn to use them.
-Littlebird is the new Blackhawk.
-Play for fun, not for stats.
-Hide your AT mines
-Dont idle as commander.
-Place C4 at dead enemy bodies and blow it up when a medic has revived him.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Be smartter than the other guy. Even if he has prefect aim he can't kill you if he can't see you
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!
find your way of playing , your right kit weapon and vehclie
Nihil
+15|5805|Malaga, Spain
You can sometimes lure an enemy armoured vehicle into your AT mines with the following defensive trick: Lay some mines near an area where you expect to engage enemy armour. When they show up, engage them briefly, then retreat while laying down smoke. Frequently the enemy will pursue relentlessly in the belief that you are badly damaged and they are looking at an easy kill, and they won't be able to see your little minefield because of the smoke...naturally this only works if mine FF is off as you will be retreating over your own mines.

Be wary of standing too close to friendly armour. It seems like a good spot to get some cover, but in the heat of battle the driver is unlikely to see you because he will be focusing his very limited field of vision on the enemy, so you can very easily get accidentally squished.

When driving any vehicle, use the external views frequently to avoid the above, and to spot enemy spec ops sneaking up on you.

If you're in armour, be a squad leader so you can call for supply crates from the commander.

If you're sick of facing entire armies identically equipped with the boring old G36E, play Special Forces. The only G36Es you'll face there are carried by the SAS, nobody else can have them. This is awesome as it means that players dependent on the G36E are afraid to play SF.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6691
The proest tip would be.

Always play on a server that give you less than 50 ping

If your a medic whore, always throw a medic pack on the ground before you prone.

Pick up other kits when you run out of ammo in a firefight.

If someone doesn't see you, wait until he stopped or running directly towards or away from you before shooting. That ensures perfect hit registration and no need to calculate bullet travel time.

See all the medic packs on the ground before running around a corner and engaging enemies.

Get a good mouse, Logitech has a fine selection of mice that is smooth as ice. Seriously, you can't own at a FPS without a good mouse.

Always look at your UAV.

Make sure you don't have a monitor bigger than your FOV. Honestly, big screen = bad, for the sake of owning that is. Good for the view though.

When someone runs up to you and prone, just jump around him and he would probably miss everything while you stomp his face in, never prone when someone is already at knifing distance.

Always fire in moderation, wait until your recoil cools down before firing the next shot for long range. The PKM can hit anything if you single shot it, as well as any assault rifle.

Bunny hop side to side when a sniper with a SVD prones medium range from you, chances are he would miss so hard he will need to reload while you knife him, or he takes so much time aiming each shot, you are already in spraying distance with your gun.
i g
Banned
+876|5864|GA

medpacks + crouchspam/strafe = win
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6365|California

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

medpacks + crouchspam/strafe = win
make sure you spam nades while your at it cause if you do you=win
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Spending time to run around and hit them in the ass is worth it. Watch your shooting, if your trying to sneak, and you see someone, dont shoot em, they will come back to look for your if they're smart.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
when flying, stay in bomb mode until you're in position, to avoid alerting enemy jets to your presence

never hold still while in a tank that isn't in a well fortified position, it's much harder to plant C4 on a moving target (and i've inadvertently smashed a few spec-ops who tried to sneak up on me)

if your squads medic dies, take his kit and revive him, don't stand there like an idiot and watch.

when commanding, use your supply crates to reinforce armor groups, not infantry (they're expendable tbh)
csmag
+92|6447|Canada
The Mi-28 is hot sex.
Wallpaper
+303|5993|The pool
-99.5% of snipers dont know they have a rifle or pistol
-ALWAYS use the iron sights on the pistol. Its crazy accurate (even a long way off)
-Never go prone when reviving, unless absolutely necessary. Dont stop moving, just hit crouch... Or if youre l337 revive while on the run.
-People almost always need ammo, spam the packs
-It takes a few seconds after a claymore is placed to be active. If a nub places one while youre trying to shoot them, get up as a fat as you can and go after them
-Using nades in CQC is for faggots
-MP7 is massive rape
-Dont use burst mode at long range
-When attacking/running to a flag as Assault, throw a smoke nade away from you to get the enemys attention away from you
-Never take someones tank while theyre repairing it
-As commander, use the spot function as much as you can
-Drop supply boxes on damaged assets to repair them
-If you found a super-secret-awesome hiding place, dont use it. Someone already knows about it and will kill you
-The enemy can see when youre on the TOW on the mini-map... Get in and out of it as fast as you can
-DPVs can get past AT mines if going fast enough
-There is a 15 second delay from when you place an artillery strike and when it hits the ground
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Your reaction time plays a huge role in this game, improve it.
This, and learn where you crouch and prone keys are, and fucking use them. Crouch and prone spam like a motherfucker against good enemies, it makes you that much harder to hit.

Reload with less than 10 bullets left, and only use the sights at long range, don't need them any other time.

Don't use single shot at anything but long range, at medium, keep sights off, crouch and shoot at the same time, in bursts of 2 or 3. Your aim will always be perfect this way.

Lastly, if you want to learn how to handle yourself, jump on the WAIB-dke server, or Patria, it's good practice.
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard