FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I totally forgot. Everyone has just moved on here. Unlike certain 9/11 folks, who make topics every other day with things like "what were you doing on 9/11" and "NEVAR 4GET" all the time.

Just shows how different we really are.
Agreed. Even though it wasn't committed on anywhere near the scale, it was still a massive shock none-the-less.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I totally forgot. Everyone has just moved on here. Unlike certain 9/11 folks, who make topics every other day with things like "what were you doing on 9/11" and "NEVAR 4GET" all the time.

https://www.foxnews.com/images/268992/2_61_031307_uss_cole1.jpg
Remember that?

https://www.jonathanhaynes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ussarizona_pearlharbor.jpg
Last time an attack like 9/11 occurred against the US, it shaped the next 60 years of the whole world.  Who's to say another major attack wouldn't do the same?

It's good that you at least have moved on since the incident.  I'm sure there are many others in England who still remember though, and who's lives have been touched.  Both attacks were terrible with such a needless loss of innocent life.  Fortunately, both nations were not stopped by these attacks.

However, there is nothing wrong with our differences.  A lot of us choose to remember this event actively, as it was such a huge shock and one that touched everyone.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5829
Didn't really touch me.

Realistically, it wasn't actually a big deal, except insofar as people chose to make it a big deal.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Because 7/7 TOTALLY equalled 9/11 in terms of mass.

I just don't understand how people don't get how Americans think the way they do about 9/11.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-08 02:00:28)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard