aimless
+166|6126|Texas
When people talk about Media Player Classic, is this what they mean? http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ (It's down there somewhere).

What's so special about it? The video looks the exact same as VLC/Windows Media Player.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

low resource usage. Easy to set up external filters and tweak them to your hearts content. Good video quality in comparison to VLC. Also it doesn't crash when playing 10GB+ files like VLC.

EDIT: also it makes for a nice HTPC player if you get rid off all the toolbars. Just the video and the seeker bar below it. No useless clutter

Last edited by max (2008-06-28 10:34:48)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
https://shrani.si/f/2h/N2/4n2K33kV/untitled-2.png
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

I think, it's because you can use it to play .mkv videos, which are the once you download from the net, i.e. pirated movies.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-06-28 10:36:49)

max
Vela Incident

r'Eeee wrote:

I think, it's because you can use it to play .mkv videos, which are the once you download from the net, i.e. pirated movies.
you can play .mkv's in most players. You can even get them to run in media center after some fun registry tweaks
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

max wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

you can play .mkv's in most players. You can even get them to run in media center after some fun registry tweaks
Well, I tried WMP11 and Real Player, and those didn't let me. I had to convert them into .avi. IDK
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

max wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Don't bash r'Eeee max!

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
max
Vela Incident

oh noez ... what have I done.

max has fallen to a clumsy death
Defiance
+438|6672

r'Eeee wrote:

max wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Well, I tried WMP11 and Real Player, and those didn't let me. I had to convert them into .avi. IDK
Did you partake in those fun registry tweaks beforehand?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
WMP11 plays .mkv files for me. I didn't do any registry tweaking.

Just downloaded the Combined community codec pack
max
Vela Incident

Peter wrote:

media center needs the tweaks. WMP just need the correct codecs. BTW: CCCP is rather bad. CoreAVC + haali media  splitter works best
Cyberwolf2006
+1|6571
Media Player Classic has played a lot of videos that my other players couldn't, whether I'm missing the particular codec for it I'm not sure, but it's my universal player.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6417|Norway | Unkown

max wrote:

Peter wrote:

media center needs the tweaks. WMP just need the correct codecs. BTW: CCCP is rather bad. CoreAVC + haali media  splitter works best
Why is CCCP bad? I think it's great. Works fine for me. I haven't had any problems with any of the movies or songs that I have here (.avi, .mkv, .flac, .divx ect)
And it's free, so why would it be bad? CoreAVC is a codec you have to pay for to get. (unless you want everything pirated) And I don't really see the point in paying for a codec just to watch 1 movie.

If you want it simple and quick, get CCCP. Easy to install and support most of the stuff you find around today. That way you can use WMP11 to play you .mkv or .flac files without any problems.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
I don't see a problem with CCCP.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
I agree, what's so bad about CCCP?
Brasso
+1,549|6632

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard