lendll
+16|6403
Hi Every1=]
I'm yearning for some bf2 right now. It's been about 2 weeks since I've last been able to play it. Everything goes fine when I load up the game, but when I double click on a server to join, the game crashes to desktop, without even an error message. I don't know what it is, because prior to this problem, everything worked fine. I did no hardware/software/driver changes or anything. In an attempt to fix the problem, I reinstalled bf2, got rid of the bf2 documents folder, closing antivirus proggy, even rolled my drivers back from the latest incarnation to one made last year. None of these things helped:( I don't know what the problem is. I've read that it could be due to "Master Server" issue's, or EA finally releasing 1.5 soon. I don't know. I also updated PB, twice.

Can anyone help me with this problem PLZ??? Here is my hardware:

DFI lanparty nf4 SLI-D
AMD Opteron 165 toledo 1.8 [email protected] ghz 1.425v(Zalman CNPS9500+as5)
Corsair TWINX2048-4000pt 2x1 GB DDR 500@DDR 586(1t) 2.7 v
6200 TC
x-fi xtrememusic
WD WD2500KS 250 gig SATA
Nec ND-3550A 16x8x16x DVD+R/RW IDE
OCZ Powerstream 520w with adjustable power rails
Windows XP professional w/SP2

I've thought that it could be my vid card, but like I said, everything was working fine until about two weeks ago. Can anyone help me PLZ?

Thank you!
lendll
+16|6403
Hey guys=]
Well, I reformatted tonight, and that fixed the problem a little bit. I am now able to join games, but only able to play for about 5-10 minutes before I crash to desktop. Does anyone know what the problem is? I mean, I'm on a clean windows install, so I know it's probably not any viruses or malware causing the problem. Can someone please help me? Thanks!
stelkurtain
+1|5755
Im getting the same problem... dont know what's happening

it just started yesterday morning. You could try a system restore. Im going on vacation, but when i get back and it still doesnt let me join a server  Im definitely going to try it.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=104072

Last edited by stelkurtain (2008-06-28 00:05:06)

prototype
+52|6282
its is either a pacth problem or a punkbuster problem

re-patch - if that doesnt work then try to manually update Punk buster
stelkurtain
+1|5755
I tried updating PB yesterday with no luck... I'll try downloading the patch again
stelkurtain
+1|5755

prototype wrote:

its is either a pacth problem or a punkbuster problem

re-patch - if that doesnt work then try to manually update Punk buster
neither worked, and i just did a system update to about a week ago. I'll post again if it works
stelkurtain
+1|5755
i did a system restore and now my BF2 doesnt crash!
lendll
+16|6403
That's great Stelkurtain=]

I've finally fixed my problem too. At first, I reformatted, and that fixed my map loading problems. But after that, about 15 minutes into the game, I would still crash. I then remembered that I had my bios only turn up the cpu fan speed when the cpu got around 45ยบ or so, to keep things quiet. What happened was my cpu was overheating while playing bf2. Now that I remembered that, my problem is fixed=]

Last edited by lendll (2008-07-02 21:52:10)

lendll
+16|6403
Well it's not a cpu temperature issue. I have my cpu fan all the way up and have the system case side open. I'm still crashing to desktop after 20-25 minutes or so of play. Anyone know what's causing this?
lendll
+16|6403
can someone please help me? I'm running on a week's old windows install. Got no antivirus programs hogging up resources. AND just installed a 9600 gt from a 6200 TC. Yet, I'm still crashing.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5970|London ㋛

Could be a connection problem, that's a complete stab in the dark btw. But when EA servers crash, they seem to take the whole game with it sometimes, never understood it myself, you should just lose connection IMO. If it really means that much to you though, try a different connection or even ISP. What's your system like at running other games similar to that of bf2 in way of hardware load? Does it run smoothly on single player?

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-07-09 14:48:43)

lendll
+16|6403

Ec0li wrote:

Could be a connection problem, that's a complete stab in the dark btw. But when EA servers crash, they seem to take the whole game with it sometimes, never understood it myself, you should just lose connection IMO. If it really means that much to you though, try a different connection or even ISP. What's your system like at running other games similar to that of bf2 in way of hardware load? Does it run smoothly on single player?
Hey Ec0li=]
Thanks for your help. My connection should be fine, not sure of the exact dl/ul speeds, but I download around 2.5 mb/s, and upload maybe just as fast. I tried the Crysis single player demo yesterday, and played COD4's sp today, and everything worked fine, no crashes. I even just installed Windows service pak 3 a few moments ago. Didn't help:( I'm still crashing ehhe. I have no clue what it is:( I don't know about changing my isp, cuz I get great download speeds, and my ping went down 25 ms in my favorite game of all time, Quake 2. So changing my isp just to see if bf2 will work is kinda risky and a sacrifice, hehehe:(

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Dammit I'm having the same problem. I'm sure as hell not going to reformat, but I did re-install BF2, re-patch, and update PunkBuster, and still no luck. Every time I double click to join a server, the game crashes. At least I'm not the only one, but this is still pretty fucking frustrating considering it was working just fine the other day.

Oh and I have no viruses or spyware or any crap like that.

My system specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ATi Radeon HD 3850
2 GB RAM
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Also, I tried starting a single player map, and this time it loaded all the way before crashing once everything was ready. (if that helps any)
Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
Video drivers.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Hakei wrote:

Video drivers.
I updated recently to Catalyst 8.7, but I'm doing it again now just to be sure.

Also someone recommended clearing the LogoCache out of the BF2 folder, so we'll see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope, still not working.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-07-25 18:11:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard