Poll

What do you use to cool your system?

Fans74%74% - 86
That new Water Cooling system11%11% - 13
Cooking Oil all the way baby...13%13% - 16
Total: 115
TTL Brent
+0|6697
Ok, this is just weird, but hey, if it works, it works. I also heard of the water coolent system for your CPU, goes for almost $200.00 bucks. Heres an alternative LOL.
-
-

[url=http://thetotalleague.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=70&func=view&catid=6&id=60#60]You've got to see it to believe it. Click here[/url]

-
-

Last edited by TTL Brent (2006-01-13 15:01:48)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6706
When my pc gets hot i piss on it.
TTL Brent
+0|6697

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

When my pc gets hot i piss on it.
LOL. Yeah and it's cost effecient too.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6747|Rochester, NY
I made a thread on it here. You are too late!!!

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10184

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2006-01-13 13:31:15)

TTL Brent
+0|6697

BlackLegion42 wrote:

I made a thread on it here. Y\ou are too late!!!
Oh yeah? Sorry about that, I just thought it would be funny. I'm interested to see how the poll turns out.

Regards,
Wafer
+0|6696

TTL Brent wrote:

Ok, this is just weird, but hey, if it works, it works. I also heard of the water coolent system for your CPU, goes for almost $200.00 bucks. Heres an alternative LOL.

You've got to see it to believe it. Click here
Holy heck. Thats kinda weird there.

Last edited by Wafer (2006-01-13 13:40:02)

Torin
+52|6710
I've got a custom built water cooling system, cost me around $300. If you're gonna buy one, but it component by component and research them all. Don't buy those W/C kits, they blow nuts.
durkamoz
+5|6706
I watercooled about 3 years ago.

Now I just invested in a nice silent case and I run air.
Chaos81
+5|6706
I use air. I don't need anything more.
Torin
+52|6710

Chaos81 wrote:

Need is relative to how much power you want out of your system.
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6734
Does the Oil ever have to be changed?
Erkut.hv
+124|6753|California

8th{E}_SpawnXG wrote:

LMFAO, every 3 months or 3,000 miles.
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6734
wow thats some pretty high end shit you must have 3000 miles lmfao. . .i see it now. . im playing racing games, using a stearing wheel. . and i rev the engi and my computer go VROOM right off the desk.
XXXgrimreaperXXX
+0|6700

Torin wrote:

Chaos81 wrote:

air is good if you do it correctly. mine stays at 104 degrees Farenheit during BF2 and is overclocked dual core AMD X2 @ 2.5Ghz with stock fan. video is X800XT set at 550/550 stock. no issues at all. i guess with water i may be able to push 3 GHZ but since i get no stutter with everything on high at 1024x768 then i feel all is well
Torin
+52|6710

XXXgrimreaperXXX wrote:

Torin wrote:

Chaos81 wrote:

air is good if you do it correctly. mine stays at 104 degrees Farenheit during BF2 and is overclocked dual core AMD X2 @ 2.5Ghz with stock fan. video is X800XT set at 550/550 stock. no issues at all. i guess with water i may be able to push 3 GHZ but since i get no stutter with everything on high at 1024x768 then i feel all is well
Like I said, it's all relative to how much power you want. More cooling = more power.

Air is fine for gaming purposes, it's more of an issue of personal accomplishment to acquire more. This is of course all relative to the system in question, but you get the gist.
Wafer
+0|6696

Erkut.hv wrote:

8th{E}_SpawnXG wrote:

LMFAO, every 3 months or 3,000 miles.
LMFAO
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6741|New Hampshire
If my PC had any more fans in it, it would hover.  2 in the front of the case, one on top, one on the side window, 2 in back, one on the GPU, one on the power supply - but the big MFer is the CPU cooler.  I have a Thermaltake Spark +4 with the variable speed set up on the front of my case.  This thing is so loud i can hear it on the other side of my house - that's only cuz of the heat sink fan though.  No matter though - that fan + Arctic Silver and my CPU overclocked by 10% only gets about 55 celsius under full load.  Hurray!
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6794|Scotland!!!
i only have one on the CPU atm, AMD 64 3500+,  just bought a new gfx card, 6800gt 256mb so ill have the fan on that to, gona put a fan on the bottom left side of the case an one on the back though     try an create a wind tunnle effect
KillerAFET
+3|6798|Abilene, Texas
We use oil to cool all our radar jamming equipment on the B-1B.  The oil is run throu the black bos and then vented via a heat exchanger in the aircraft's fuel system.  Light oil is a good conductor of heat and it does not support growth like water would in an enclosed loop cooling system.  The downside of PC cooling with water/oil is the resultant damage should the loop leak.
Chaos81
+5|6706

Torin wrote:

it's more of an issue of personal accomplishment to acquire more.
Exacatly, which is why I run air.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)
I use fans - 2x120mm case fans + Akasa Carnival CPU fan + ATI Silencer 4 vid card cooler.

Have never fancied the idea of water cooling - water+electricity - does that sound like a good idea to you?
Wafer
+0|6696

KillerAFET wrote:

We use oil to cool all our radar jamming equipment on the B-1B.  The oil is run throu the black bos and then vented via a heat exchanger in the aircraft's fuel system.  Light oil is a good conductor of heat and it does not support growth like water would in an enclosed loop cooling system.  The downside of PC cooling with water/oil is the resultant damage should the loop leak.
You mean if it's exposed to air all of the sudden?
S4INT05
+1|6748|79605, TX
WHAT? you mean the cooking oil is in direct contact with the parts? insane.

what if he had to do maintenance or something...that would be one helluva mess..
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6804

people have been doing this for years... not only with cooking oil but with -real- oils made for this; you know, the kind you find in transformers
KillerAFET
+3|6798|Abilene, Texas

Wafer wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

You mean if it's exposed to air all of the sudden?
Never said cooking oil.  We use a petroleum and silicon-based coolant known as DC-200 or PAO which is di-electric(does not conduct electricity) and yep, the stuff gets everywhere!!!  The high voltage power supplies are submerged in the coolant as in most high powered microwave transmitters in use today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard