icecold2510 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

icecold2510 wrote:

No, they have two holy cities.  They do not have to own Jerusalem.  Why can't they get over it?  They have no care in the world for other people's religion it seems like...
Why should they have to get over it? They had their land taken from them. Palestine as it was in the 1940's was not responsible for the exodus of the Jewish people or for any of the atrocities suffered by the Jewish people during the holocaust and yet they have to pay the price by losing their land including one of their holy cities. Why should Israel be allowed Jerusalem? If anything Jerusalem should be made a neutral UN property (like the HQ in New York) with equal access to all for religious purposes.
I agree with the UN neutral land.  I just don't understand why Muslims don't want to accept that Israel is there and why they don't want to share.
It's very easy for you and me to discuss a two state solution and talk about it with a level head but try and put yourself in their position. Years of violence back and fourth, grievances on both sides, deep religious beliefs...both sides have to build towards it and it will take many years.