blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
Joint Chiefs Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen leaves Tuesday night on an overseas trip that will take him to Israel.he trip has been scheduled for some time but U.S. officials say it comes just as the Israelis are mounting a full court press to get the Bush administration to strike Iran's nuclear complex.

CBS consultant Michael Oren says Israel doesn't want to wait for a new administration."The Israelis have been assured by the Bush administration that the Bush administration will not allow Iran to nuclearize," Oren said. "Israelis are uncertain about what would be the policies of the next administration vis-à-vis Iran."

Israel's message is simple: If you don't, we will. Israel held a dress rehearsal for a strike earlier this month, but military analysts say Israel can not do it alone."Keep in mind that Israel does not have strategic bombers," Oren said. "The Israeli Air Force is not the American Air Force. Israel can not eliminate Iran's nuclear program."The U.S. with its stealth bombers and cruise missiles has a much greater capability. Vice President Cheney is said to favor a strike, but both Mullen and Defense Secretary Gates are opposed to an attack which could touch off a third war in the region.U.S. intelligence estimates Iran won't be able to build a weapon until sometime early in the next decade. But Israel is operating on a much shorter timetable.

"The Iranians, according to Israeli security sources, will have an operable nuclear weapon by 2009. That's not a very long time," Oren said.For now, the Bush administration is counting on new economic sanctions which took effect Tuesday to persuade Iran to give up its nuclear program.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/ … 6201.shtml
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5952|New York
Shouldn't this be in D&ST?

On to the topic: With the way the US Economy is now I don't think it would be able to fund Israel anymore then it already is.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661

CommonSense wrote:

Shouldn't this be in D&ST?

On to the topic: With the way the US Economy is now I don't think it would be able to fund Israel anymore then it already is.
oh I thought I was posting in D&st it looked similar until I realized it was everything else
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6469|The Twilight Zone
I don't like someone so I will ask someone else to beat him up. Yeah sure, do it yourselves Israel if you have to!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
yea I agree with both of u, but I dont think U.S. is gonna do stand around and do nothing especially since there is a high Jewish influence in U.S.
Benzin
+576|6014
I say let Israel do it themselves, and then the US no longer back Israel.

Sorry, but until the situations in Afghanistan and Iraq are both stabilized and the military gets some much needed rest time, there won't be any conflicts with Iran anytime soon. Not unless all of the world is going to step in and do a hell of a lot more work and take a lot of pressure off US forces.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
If you don't do as the Jews say, you're an anti-semite!

If you ignore the Jews, you're ignoring God!

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-06-25 06:06:30)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6306|Éire
How about Israel does its own fucking dirty work? I thought pulling oneself up by one's own bootstraps was the American way, not relying on help and handouts?
Benzin
+576|6014

Braddock wrote:

How about Israel does its own fucking dirty work? I thought pulling oneself up by one's own bootstraps was the American way, not relying on help and handouts?
No, that's the Democratic Party way (the help and handout stuff).

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-06-25 06:24:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard