BigSwoll
+0|6709|Gahanna, Ohio

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

I don't know why so many people here (especially from the US) always want to bomb something which they are afraid of... Yes Ladies and Gentlemen... those who cry the loudest for bombs have the greatest fear of that they don't understand. So honestly: how much do you know about Iraq and Iran (media propaganda and Discovery Channel does NOT count).

By the way: someone said here, that Israel was a strip of land nobody wanted... If nobody wanted it, then I wonder, why the Palestinians are so pissed of over decades... and why they say, that this is their land (wonder why it was called Palestina in the first place)?

You see... Nuclear Weapons are always fright inspiring... but who in the world has most of them? And which population seems to support a military solution to problems most? I give you a hint... 3 Letters, first one is a U, last one an A and of the three guesses two do not count...

By the way... why complain? US helped Saddam Hussein to grasp power in Iraq... US deposed of the Shah in Iran which made way to the Ayatolla rule, US helped Gaddafi to power, US supplied the Mujaheddin with weapons and training in Afghanistan, US had the CIA train Osama bin Laden... It is really highly interesting that nearly everyone that the US sees as terrorist (aka enemy) was formerly strongly supported by them... Which brings me to the question: Isn't this a strong sign, that the US created their own enemies by themselves? Who can be so naive to believe that by helping a dictator on the throne that guy will give eternal thankfulness? Come people, get real....
Do you actually think that the majority of the civilian population of the US would support ANOTHER military operation in Iran?  HONESTLY?  So a handful of people on a WAR GAME MESSAGE BOARD say, "BLOW THE FUCK OUT OF 'EM!"  That's a fantastic sample.  Excellent research.  And us having the most nukes is a pointless in this discussion. 

The possibility that an Islamic fundamentalist government with their, "Holocaust never happened" wack job of a president having the capability to produce weapons grade nuclear material should scare the living piss out of you.  And governments around the world are starting to see that.   The US, UK, Germany, Russia, China...all major players on the UN Security council see the danger, why can't you?  It's ludacris that you can so easily dismiss a nuclear Iran as a non-threat. 

Ah yes...every country should practice isolationism then?  Every government has done what you have said the US has done (I'm not denying it), China w/N. Korea, Russia w/N. Vietnam are just some quick examples that come to mind.  As the old saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."  Every government conducts business with other governments when it benefits them, (Hello oil for food.  Germany is not so innocent). 

What's it going to take for you to realize that one of the most oil rich countries in the world wanting nuclear technology is odd?  Not only odd, but extremely dangerous.  Does someone have to set off a dirty bomb or nuke in the US for you to open your eyes?  Probably wouldn't matter though becuase it's not in Germany, right?  London?  Moscow?  As long as it's not on your doorstep, you couldn't care, right? 

NOTHING good comes from a nuclear Iran.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
well said
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Erkut.hv
+124|6731|California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

well said
w3rd. Told ya, mudhuts don't need nuclear electricity.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6837|Cologne, Germany

Iran has so much oil, they could light up a country six times the size of iran. energy shortage cannot be a valid argument here.

I wonder if Germany would engage militarily. Our constitution states that never again war should be waged from our territory, with a pending UN resolution being the only exception to that principle.

Iran will definitely be a turning point for the UN. Maybe they will have to declare war on one of their own members. Mind you, we are not talking about some dictator who commits genocide or s.th. here, the current Iran President was put in power through a democratic election. And they have the right to a nuclear program, no doubt about that ( at least in theory ).
Any military action against Iran would be outright war, not a "police" or "anti-terrorist" action.

Still, I don't know what the alternatives would be. Do nothing ? this has the potential to get the whole middle east involved...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6760|Dallas
Lets think about this:

Facts:

Iran's new President, only a few days after becoming "elected", was reportedly and repeatedly linked to the hostage crisis of the late 70's.  Numerous people and ex-hostages said that they recognized him as one of thier hostage takers and the photographic evidence while not entirely proving, is pretty damn clear.

He is a radical "Neo-Con" Muslim.  Theres nothing wrong with being a Muslim or any other religion but radical people are usually trouble, and the fact he is a Neo-Con basically means that the country has taken 5 steps backwards instead of 1 step forward on things such as human rights and civil rights.  He's even went so far as too ban Western music on all radio stations in Iran.

He said the Holocaust is a myth....on international news.  A very un-intelligent, aggressive and hurtful thing to say, especially since it is proven that there was indeed a Holocaust.  You may remember some other people who said the Holocaust was a myth, perhaps a few "ex-nazi" members of the German army during the Nuremberg trials, various Nazi outlaws on the run captured in South America in thier self defense and pretty much all of the anti-semetic parties and groups of the modern age that are such a great and meaningful addition to our society today. 

He said Israel should be wiped from the map.  .....Do I really need to elaborate?  He said in a nutshell "I-want-Israel-to die-and-I-want-to-do-it".  Can you say "RED FLAG"??

He re-instates the Iranian nuclear research program for "peaceful means".  OK.  A guy who a few hundred people recognized as an ex-hostage taker, a radical neo-con muslim, who said the holocaust never happened and says that Israel (which isn't that far away) should be wiped clean from the map, wants to develop nuclear technology for "peaceful means".  BULLSHIT.  A blind, deaf and crippled 6 year old Ethiopian orphan could see where this is going.

I got a feeling its going to look something like this....

Afghanistan--check
Iraq-----------check
Iran-----------pending
North Korea--pending

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard