Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

Dauntless wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Actually they said they needed to do internal testing as well and they didn't make any promises about release dates.
Maybe not a "promise" but they did say

"We are looking to release this update by Winter of this year. "
[citation needed]
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

Cheez wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Actually they said they needed to do internal testing as well and they didn't make any promises about release dates.

[citation needed]
18-09-2008, 03:59 PM

There has been a lot of discussions on the Battlefield forums regarding the Battlefield 2 Update 1.50, so this is to let you all know what’s happening.

Update 1.50 is still in development, we have held back on releasing the update as we have become aware of and are taking preventative measures against 3rd party tools which have been severely affecting everyone’s playing experience recently by crashing dedicated servers, clients as well as allowing account spoofing. We hope you understand our decision to delay the release to resolve these issues rather than releasing early with a need to update again.
We are looking to release this update by Winter of this year.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … tatus.html
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6355
Is it ever going to come out or has EA given up on this Update once again?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

Once again?
Have they given up on an update before?
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
why would they spread out pics of the new map along with the info about what will be changed...?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6426

globefish23 wrote:

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

Once again?
Remember when they said people who bought BF2142 would get a special war dance in BF2? That's one thing I'm so happy they never did.

Dauntless wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

and promise or not, taking 8 fucking months to release a patch is just bad, whatever way you look at it, it was supposed to be for the 3rd anniversary? It's closer to the 4th now...

They've found a way to make themselves look even more ridiculous, which was quite hard.
It's been over 2 years since 1.41. I'm surprised they're even entertaining the idea of a patch, let alone making one. Calm down and be patient, BF2 isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-02-24 09:07:31)

Chorcai
+49|6639|Ireland

Fat_Swinub wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

Once again?
Remember when they said people who bought BF2142 would get a special war dance in BF2? That's one thing I'm so happy they never did.

Dauntless wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

and promise or not, taking 8 fucking months to release a patch is just bad, whatever way you look at it, it was supposed to be for the 3rd anniversary? It's closer to the 4th now...

They've found a way to make themselves look even more ridiculous, which was quite hard.
It's been over 2 years since 1.41. I'm surprised they're even entertaining the idea of a patch, let alone making one. Calm down and be patient, BF2 isn't going anywhere.
It's going down the shit hole, thats where its going alright, every server now seems to have someone who will crash you to desktop.
RookTgz
The Rookie
+8|5533
I know of a game developer who are releasing a patch 5 years after the release date of the game, but mainly to support the resolutions widescreens that weren't popular like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200...they only had CRT resolutions at release. Also updated netcode to reduce lag and improve hit detection + anticheat.

Anyrate, if a game must be patched it will be, this patch will come you just need to be patient, accounts being stolen at ease is a huge problem Im sure they are looking at every detail for security reason and testing, going as far as fixing aircraft is internal and takes time especially if they are busy with current projects/new games.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6426

Chorcai wrote:

It's going down the shit hole, thats where its going alright, every server now seems to have someone who will crash you to desktop.
It's probably because I hardly play above 40 players but I seriously see very few cheaters and CTD even less.
Chorcai
+49|6639|Ireland

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Chorcai wrote:

It's probably because I hardly play above 40 players but I seriously see very few cheaters and CTD even less.
Even on 28man servers its going on, fuck it even a 16man server the other night. Its getting a bit beyond a joke now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard