pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I'm just happy it was a close game.

imo this is one of the most exciting things in baseball http://sabr.org/research/golden-pitches … n-scenario
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I           
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I went to bed when the rain delay happened in the 10th stupid east coast time zone
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

amazing WS.  Amazing game 7.  Only topped by game 6/7 in 2002 in my own personal memory.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I dunno, I didn't have a dog in 2011 either and that one was more exciting imo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

noooo way.  I compare it to game 7 in 2001 but this one had more drama, more scratch your head moments, more ups and downs, and ended AFTER a rain delay in the 10th.  The range of emotions in this game for me topped 2001, and I can still remember where I was when I watched Luis hit that flare into center.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
It's actually been very emotional because with such a long gap in time, it seems like everyone has a story of some relative who was a massive Cubs fan and didn't get to see them win the whole thing in their lifetime. I saw my dad shedding tears because he was thinking of his father and some of my friends have shared stories of their own. It's very nice.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

DesertFox- wrote:

It's actually been very emotional because with such a long gap in time, it seems like everyone has a story of some relative who was a massive Cubs fan and didn't get to see them win the whole thing in their lifetime. I saw my dad shedding tears because he was thinking of his father and some of my friends have shared stories of their own. It's very nice.
The onion had a funny article about cubs fans rioting in heaven. It is on the front page.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

War Man wrote:

Because he watched Major League too many times and has films influence his favorite teams. Reminds me when I was a Ducks fan until I grew up and got to like the Blackhawks in hockey.
Nah I just wanted cubs to keep their curse. Its fun to have bad luck teams.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I don't know who is dumber, liberals pressuring companies to leave Georgia or the MLB for moving their game out of the state. Why are all of these companies going "woke"?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I've seen a lot of conservative whinging about that sort of performative action from companies, but honestly don't know of anyone who applauds that sort of thing. It seems like what Twitter libs would do to feel like they're accomplishing something, but isn't of any consequence. I seem to recall the NCAA did something like that to North Carolina after the bathroom bill issue years back, but last I checked, they also weren't keen to cut athletes in on the profits.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What I don't understand is how liberals think it is a smart move to punish the state that just elected two Democrats and has one up for election in 2022. I saw an article that said Georgia is losing $100 million due to the game moving and while I assume most of that is tied up in advertising or something it boggles the mind that people would be happy about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard