+2,973|6638|949

yes yes!

even though our best player last year was a rookie first baseman

and our best offensive player in 2009 was a switch hitting first baseman

hopefully they trade kendry morales away for some help
Roc18
`
+655|5797|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
He'll be 42 fucking years old when his contract expires. Are they nuts?
Roc18
`
The niggas just signed CJ Wilson as well.

5 years 75 Mil

Crazy

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-08 08:21:09)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

yes plz
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6660
The Pujols deal was a big fuckup on their part. A 10 year contract is ridiculous for him at his age. Period.

He has a gimped ankle, a gimped wrist, and last year was his worst year to date (although still a damn fine performance by the end). He will pay dividends for many years, no doubt, but I think this is really going to look like a different deal in 10 years time. I wanted him to be a Cardinal, but I think that a 10 year, 200+ million dollar investment is just too risky in the sports world. Especially when your team isn't big-market. The only reason I think they considered something close to that deal is that there was plenty of talk about him deserving it due to being relatively underpaid for the past however many seasons...sort of a "pay the man, he's earned it" mentality.

Well, now Pujols is expected to keep pumping out 110+ RBI seasons, and the reality is that he is probably going to miss most of at least one of the next 3 seasons due to surgery...you can almost bet on it. He simply has too many little, nagging injuries that he has managed to play through, but eventually those accumulate/worsen - you hear about those in the St. Louis media, but they were never serious enough for DL time or for national attention.

If he had stayed in St. Louis, he could "age gracefully" as some have put it...even if they don't win another championship, he remains the face of the organization and is still loved for bringing 2 championships to the town. In Cali, if he doesn't bring 2 more championships, then he is somewhat of a bust considering the investment. And most MLB fanbases are less forgiving than those in St. Louis.

E:But who the fuck wants to live in St. Louis?

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-12-08 10:23:55)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

He can dh the last 3 or so years of his contract in th AL. In about 5 years $25m a year won't be unheard of. The media frenzy around 500/600/700 home runs will most likely more than return the investment.  I do expect them to go deep into the playoffs, but I won't be disappointed if they don't win at least two. But with the team as it is over the next few years, I will be disappointed if they don't get one.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
Even though he's now in the AL which is always bad for me, I'd so much rather see him on the Angels than on the Marlins.

Although fuck Wilson. Can't pitch for shit in the playoffs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

So far, yes. I'm hoping that's an anomaly instead of the norm. It is a little scary that he's only been a starting pitcher for 2 seasons, but I'm thinking fatigue from pitching in 100 degree Texas heat was a factor
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
And now he'll get fatigue from LA smog
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Angels play in OC
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Ryan Braun...

No words.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Angels play in OC
i used to pass the big A, when i went from san diego to disneyland. for orange county, it's still concrete.

of all the california ballparks, the giants have the best stadium. chavez ravine's nice, oakland should be demolished, the murphy is outdated.
Roc18
`
Ramirez came out of retirement

must be desperate for money or something.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Between his attitude, decrease in play and his 50 game ban, I'd think there isn't one team that would want him.

Maybe the Royals. Maybe.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Angels play in OC
i used to pass the big A, when i went from san diego to disneyland. for orange county, it's still concrete.

of all the california ballparks, the giants have the best stadium. chavez ravine's nice, oakland should be demolished, the murphy is outdated.
The Padres play in semi brand new Petco, not Jack Murphy.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

hocSiciliano wrote:

It was really smart for the Mets to not sign him. Think about it....he was on the DL twice last year and he is only going to get older/slower. The problem with the Mets is they BS their fans and tell them the Madoff crap wont affect them and that they are fine financially meanwhile their actions show the complete opposite.

So glad I was born and raise a Yankees fan because my friends who are Mets fans...so miserable. And try to play it off that they dont care and are still hyped about their team this coming season. Get outta here, thats like Pirates fans saying they cant wait for the beginning of the season. Especially now that Reyes is going to be coming to Shitty-Field and playing within the division, not to mention the possibility of Pujols on the same team.

Mets will be a 95-100 loss team this year, season is over before it even started.
I don't really think they'll be any better or worse than last season. They lose Reyes, yeah, but they get back Santana. They scored the 12th most runs in MLB and had the 6th highest OBP. Yeah, that's with half a season of Beltran, and 2/3 of a season of Reyes, but I don't think they'll be as badly missed as WFAN listeners think. The Mets biggest issue has been starting pitching and the bullpen. The bullpen was complete shit last season, and the starters were pretty awful too aside from Niese and Dickey.

Will they be competitive in 2012? Absolutely not. Will they be embarrassingly bad? Probably not. I'm still debating whether I want to spend money on tickets though. I want the Wilpons gone more than anything.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
hocSiciliano
+6|4559|New York

Jay wrote:

I want the Wilpons gone more than anything.
I think that is the key right there. Are they passionate owners, I am sure they are, but the fact of the matter is, they cannot afford the team with the losses they took from Madoff (spelling?). I think as much as they want the team, their best bet is to count their losses and sell the team for the teams sake. It is ugly there in queens and it is never a good thing when you are playing in the largest market working with small market money.
hocSiciliano
+6|4559|New York

Poseidon wrote:

Ryan Braun...

No words.
Me neither...he is one of the keepers on my fantasy team...ugh. haha.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

hocSiciliano wrote:

Jay wrote:

I want the Wilpons gone more than anything.
I think that is the key right there. Are they passionate owners, I am sure they are, but the fact of the matter is, they cannot afford the team with the losses they took from Madoff (spelling?). I think as much as they want the team, their best bet is to count their losses and sell the team for the teams sake. It is ugly there in queens and it is never a good thing when you are playing in the largest market working with small market money.
Madoff hurt them bad, but it's the recession that has really fucked them over. They made their money in commercial real estate and that market has tanked in NYC since the crash. Pretty much every company has downsized their offices, or moved to cheaper locale's while ignoring prestige addresses they craved during the 80s, 90s, and 00s. They probably had their hands in the Florida housing bust too. They need to sell. Fred Wilpon is ok as an owner, but Jeff is a fucking turd. He's one of those people that was born on third base but thinks he earned everything he has.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

hocSiciliano wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ryan Braun...

No words.
Oooooh, he's gonna be a super buy low on draft day Missing 1/3 of the season will suck though.
-Frederick Bastiat
hocSiciliano
+6|4559|New York

Jay wrote:

hocSiciliano wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ryan Braun...

No words.
Oooooh, he's gonna be a super buy low on draft day Missing 1/3 of the season will suck though.
haha, well I wont be selling him low because it is a "keeper" but I can definitely see people trying to buy low.

I have worked over the years to get my four keepers as Braun, Hanley, Bautista and Pujols...so much question for those guys now....might be doing some trading.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
PINEDA Kuroda too as a #4 guy

Our rotation went from shit to:

CC
Pineda
Nova
Kuroda
Hughes/Burnett/Garcia

Apparently a lot of teams, specifically other AL East GMs are shocked at how great of a trade this was.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Yankees next catcher in line played travel ball with my little bro. I sexed his sister
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
that's a pretty cool story there ken

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard