CommieChipmunk
+488|6566|Portland, OR, USA
I've been battling with my sound card (creative xtrememusic) for about a week now and I've finally discovered the issue and what to fix it, it's the how part that's giving me troubles.  So I installed the new beta drivers and they fucked my surround sound.  I found the old drivers and the old console, and I've deleted the newer drivers, I've even deleted them from the registry (or tried...hopefully I didn't mess anything up too badly), but every time I reinstall the old drivers, it says "newer drivers are installed on your computer" and it installs the old ones anyway.  So it never really solves my problem.

My question: how do I go about completely removing everything that has to do with creative from my system so that I can install the old drivers?
alexb
<3
+590|5936|Kentucky, USA

CommieChipmunk
Does that support Vista 64 bit?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6450|The Twilight Zone
OS Support:         Windows 2000/XP
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
aimless
+166|6122|Texas

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Does that support Vista 64 bit?
It works on XP Pro x64, so...maybe?
CommieChipmunk
I just reinstalled windows.  For the second time in two weeks... fuck
Volatile
+252|6701|Sextupling in Empire

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I just reinstalled windows.  For the second time in two weeks... fuck
I feel your pain. I have the same card as you, and it's the only instability in my system. I would love to take this POS to the firing range and give it some tweaks, but I don't want to use my onboard sound or dish out $180 for an ASUS card.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6613|UCF
I found an uninstaller in the Creative Folder after removing the new BETA drivers and reverting to the ones that came on the X-Fi CD.

Irony is that the Drivers Mass Effect told me to install caused crashes in Mass Effect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard