Maj.Do
+85|6757|good old CA
• Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives

NOO!!!!!.   that stinks i liked blowing tanks up that way. (also people 2).  And when they say mines does that include claymores because i use nades to clear em when i dont need em anymore(Capped flag and dont want to get a TK punish)
Seth Infinite
+3|6744|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Read it all... You will be able to pick up your claymores (and unused C4).
BeforeGod
+0|6820|British Columbia
This is good news, it makes engineers a bit more important. I've always thought you should get a teamwork point for every enemy mine defused.
Maj.Do
+85|6757|good old CA

Seth Infinite wrote:

my bad just finished reading it
uber73
+188|6757|Brisbane

BeforeGod wrote:

This is good news, it makes engineers a bit more important. I've always thought you should get a teamwork point for every enemy mine defused.
at LEAST 1....  engineers are undervalued.. the only time i see them is as drivers in tanks or apcs.  and then, they only repair other closeby vehicles.  ciommanders should not have to rely on supply crates to repair commander assets.. engineers need to be better rewarded in game..
P3R3K
+0|6685

uber73 wrote:

BeforeGod wrote:

at LEAST 1....  engineers are undervalued.. the only time i see them is as drivers in tanks or apcs.  and then, they only repair other closeby vehicles.  ciommanders should not have to rely on supply crates to repair commander assets.. engineers need to be better rewarded in game..
amen, I love the engineer class, but getting a high score on them is just plain hard. My best performance was like a 45 good enough for a bronze star.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

Nah, it's not all bad. I can't remember ever trying to blow up mines with other explosives, except one time I used C4 to get rid of a Claymore.

Speaking of which, C4 should still be able to do this. People always complain that the M95 is underpowered, but what about C4? That much chould do some serious damage. not calling for it to be suped up, but just pointing out.

Also in the new patch Grenade Launchers will have a fuse, so goodbye come-'round-the-corner-and-blow-us-both-up n00b-tubers.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
QuackinChicken
+1|6708

BeforeGod wrote:

This is true however you have to keep a few things in mind. What about the friendly guys who mine my road so i can no longer leave the base with anytype of vehicle? Must I have to beg them over ingame chat to clear their mines from the road? Mines have been and always will be a bad idea. They are unpractical......

lets say you get close enough to a tank to lay mines, you throw em down behind the track. Even then the tank must run directly over the mine with his tread. In the few instances I have come close to doing this the tank has
1) missed the mine or...
2) backs up over my mine killing us both and giving me a -2 for teamwork

Also when I am driving I can't see the x's till I am right ontop of them giving me little time to brake. I feel that mines should be taken out of the game, and they should give the engineer something more effectivve against vehicles.
Beska
+0|6686|Nottingham, UK

Seth Infinite wrote:

Picking up your Claymore would be a barrel of fun. But I guess if you blow yourself up, some childish team member can't TK punish you. They still haven't got it into their heads that the crossbones are not powerups, eh?
pinky_81
+1|6795|Denmark
after last patch you could clear the road for your tank by shooting the ground...
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6715
Anyone here seen the Darwin award where 3 men play Russian Roulette with a 25 year Old AT mine? Yeah, they do explode without a tank tread on them.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6715|Gütersloh, Germany

Maj.Do wrote:

• Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives

NOO!!!!!.   that stinks i liked blowing tanks up that way. (also people 2).  And when they say mines does that include claymores because i use nades to clear em when i dont need em anymore(Capped flag and dont want to get a TK punish)
Yeah, sneaking up a tank, putting AT and nade between his rear wheels and get to cover is awesome.
They'll never figure out what hit them
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6744
Engineer OWNS. Blowing up mines OWN. I use AT Mines in INFANTRY. Yes INFANTRY. Just place them then toss grenade and BOOM. Also a good engineer shouldn't be affected 1 bit from "AT Mines can be blown up" Because you should hide the mines.
taddzilla
+23|6848|Pembroke Pines, FL.

uber73 wrote:

BeforeGod wrote:

Anytime my teams commander assets get taken out, I'll respawn as an engineer to get our stuff fixed ASAP.  I know that if my comander does have all the tools, we're gonna have a tough time of it.  Not to mention, the special ops guys don't hold up to well against the Jackhammer.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6842|Finland
Like how are you supposed to pick up claymores? Do they just make it so that you cant blow it up yourself? Imagine the claymore spamming people can do...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6702|Germany
I see a potential for exploiting the new pick up function of the explosives.

It goes like this:Every friendly claymore you discover you pick up and place it at the exact same spot.
So when an enemy trips over it - you get the kill instead the other guy who actually placed it there in the first place.

And that's just the basic idea I had because this is how it worked in Sniper Elite,just get the proxy mines of others and place them again - tada...your kill.

Let's see what new kind of raping/whoring we are going to get from the new patch.
armin
+0|6761| Bosnia & Herzegovina
so u cant shoot the mines with a tank?
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6842|Finland
Soooooo....claymores cant kill team mates? AMEN!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6702|Germany

Landepaukku wrote:

Soooooo....claymores cant kill team mates? AMEN!
No,no,it only says that after patching to 1.2 the classes are able to pick up their explosives again,how to approach an armed claymore(you know what it says on them:This side towards enemy) is another question.

But if you are able to pick up explosives from your teammates and after placing them again it's yours,so it is also your kill (or teamkill) if someone triggers it - there is a potential of exploiting that.

But the non-shootable antitank mine is a big plus,if it doesn't explode even from tankshots.
In real life these things are dug into the ground,the AT-mine in BF2 is a bad joke at the moment(which gives you more teamkills than anything else).

An experienced tanker can still clean all the roads himself by shooting the mines,no stalling the enemy force because they have to wait for the engineers to disarm the mines manually,that's ZERO tactical value for the mines and they are just comdemned to be obsolete.

Hope the patch fixes this properly the first time.
FromTheAshes
+53|6710

QuackinChicken wrote:

BeforeGod wrote:

This is true however you have to keep a few things in mind. What about the friendly guys who mine my road so i can no longer leave the base with anytype of vehicle? Must I have to beg them over ingame chat to clear their mines from the road? Mines have been and always will be a bad idea. They are unpractical......

lets say you get close enough to a tank to lay mines, you throw em down behind the track. Even then the tank must run directly over the mine with his tread. In the few instances I have come close to doing this the tank has
1) missed the mine or...
2) backs up over my mine killing us both and giving me a -2 for teamwork

Also when I am driving I can't see the x's till I am right ontop of them giving me little time to brake. I feel that mines should be taken out of the game, and they should give the engineer something more effectivve against vehicles.
If you see a friendly mine blocking the road on your own base, run over it and punish so he wont do it again
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6702|Germany

uber73 wrote:

....engineers are undervalued.. the only time i see them is as drivers in tanks or apcs.  and then, they only repair other closeby vehicles.  ciommanders should not have to rely on supply crates to repair commander assets.. engineers need to be better rewarded in game..
Oh,the only time you see engineers is as drivers in tanks or apcs,hmm....

Guess what,that's their frickin' task!!
Get a tank,keep it alive as long as possible (which even means retreating from the fight to repair)and kill the enemy!
Engage preferably enemy vehicles,infantry is for your assault buddies.

Hell,I got my tank ribbon with an engineer on Clean Sweep and 20 minutes in a (1,the same 1!!) tank is absolutely no problem when you are able to fix it.

If you wanna be alive a little longer on foot you choose the medic,the engineer is just the medic of vehicles.

And as a commander it's always smart to be engineer,you know the old saying:If you want something done properly - do it yourself!You want artillery to support your troops?Fix it!

And one reason for doing this are people like you who don't use engineers properly or just don't use them because they think they are undervalued.
$kelet0r
+16|6687
engineer plus jackhammer plus very close range = killing machine
i've taken out whole squads with one clip on my old account

the anti tank mine change is interesting - mines make great traps and blockades so this makes them more effective
on the other hand using them is a tking nightmare so i wonder what will be done to counteract this
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6715|Gütersloh, Germany
Approach Claymores from behind to pick them up. They have a 60° blast angle
deject
Got His War On
+37|6779|Golden, CO

FromTheAshes wrote:

If you see a friendly mine blocking the road on your own base, run over it and punish so he wont do it again
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.  It's because of people that do this that I typically don't use mines.  True, the Engineer shouldn't have completely blocked off the vehicle, but that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot ant purposely run over it.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6744

$kelet0r wrote:

engineer plus jackhammer plus very close range = killing machine
i've taken out whole squads with one clip on my old account

the anti tank mine change is interesting - mines make great traps and blockades so this makes them more effective
on the other hand using them is a tking nightmare so i wonder what will be done to counteract this
Engineer + Pump action shotgun > Jackhammer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard