Boomerjinks
+301|6802|Denver, CO
So...why aren't hand grenades included in the list of explosive ordnance that can get you those beloved little badges??

Hmm?

I just find it strange that C4, claymores, and mines are the ONLY way to get that badge.

It's just my opinion, but I think HAND grenades should be included.

...or am I just crazy?
shazbot101
+1|6710|Massachusetts
Dude, it would be soo easy to get them with grenades. you could just play as support and spam grenades everywhere and then re-supply yourself.  the way they have it now is probably the best way, although expert explosives will take a lot of work to get
Boomerjinks
+301|6802|Denver, CO
*shrugs* I dunno.

I've never been very talented with hand grenades, but tonight I was lobbing them up on top of buildings to get snipers and, well...doing some pretty nifty stuff with them. I was just wishing that I could add to my explosive ordnance tally with...explosive ordnance.
Boomerjinks
+301|6802|Denver, CO
Make this post bigger...
Boomerjinks
+301|6802|Denver, CO
more people must see!
Punisher786
+-5|6718
suck my balls..... smoke a blunt....

just making thread bigger
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6712|Antarctica
I heard they were gonna have a grenade badge in SF, but I guess it was cut out like the night vision was.
MDW
+43|6684|Dortmund, Germany
Well, I'd like it if Grenades would count for the Explosives-Badges...Not because I'm a n00b-tuber, but I think that the higher Explosives-Bagdes are hard to get and trying to get them is REALLY frustrating. One time the round is over when you need one more kill, the next time, your C4-packed quad gets destroyed by enemies/stolen by teammates...it's just frustrating...
sparklet
Banned
+34|6754|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i goin or expert explosive this moring got 35 kills... 2 short of the bagde
dalfiuss
+1|6837
I don't think I will ever get the expert badge, especially now that they are removing the ability to throw packs while in the air, that means C4 placement will be extremely limited.
s()mt!ngWong
+1|6699

shazbot101 wrote:

Dude, it would be soo easy to get them with grenades. you could just play as support and spam grenades everywhere and then re-supply yourself.  the way they have it now is probably the best way, although expert explosives will take a lot of work to get
Lol your so rite, i think thats the whole reason ea didnt use grenades as explosive.
lat_spread
+1|6708|New York City
I think its a bad idea because tubers would get expert on that easy, but its not like C4'ing is so bad, just figure out where you can lay some good traps after exploring some areas
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6795|Singapore

Explosive Ordinances Badge - HAY!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Bleh. I tried twice a few hours ago and ended both matches with only 19 C4 kills. The quad wasn't fast enough for delivery. There's an insane amount of people who are loaded with gold and silver badges, but still have the bronze explosives one.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-25 02:41:59)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
Warlord
Spec ops
C4
ATV

Beep

Beep

Vrooooooooooom

screech

vrooooom

kerpow, boom, whoamp, smash, etc.

repeat
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6591|Finland
With nades it would be too easy to get teh badge.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6534|Belgium

What about: DON'T revive threads that are dead for 8 months. Damn you medic whores!
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6799

De_Jappe wrote:

What about: DON'T revive threads that are dead for 8 months. Damn you medic whores!
Sorry but I have to disagree.  What with all the mods around here saying "SEARCH, don't start a new thread" it's good that this one has been revived.

PS.  I only have basic too.  Might have a go tonight.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6553|Doncaster, UK
I think I have to agree with both camps here. Yes this thread is OOOOOOOLLLLD and this is necroposting, also the requirements for explosive ordinance have probably changed in the interim so this discussion is obsolete, BUT... we are told to search so since this post was not closed it's probably better to revive this one.

Maybe best option is for a mod to close this one, open a new one, provide an opening post about the issue and then append the new posts.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6739|Germany, near Koblenz
The basic question was, whether granade kills should be counted towards explosive kills. Unfortunately this thread was not revived to comment the main topic, any of the thousand "normal" threads about explosives would have been the better choice.

Yes, nades do explode but the badge is more about "fixed explosives" or "explosive traps". In addition the badge would have been much to easy to get as said above.

And to answer the second question (how to get expert) too: Clays on warlord!
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Bleh. I tried twice a few hours ago and ended both matches with only 19 C4 kills. The quad wasn't fast enough for delivery. There's an insane amount of people who are loaded with gold and silver badges, but still have the bronze explosives one.
Congrats, you just bump'd a 9 month old thread.
TuataraDude
+115|6529|Aotearoa
The only way it would be acceptable to include grenade kills as explosive ordinance badges would be to make the requirements much higher. I agree, grenades should have been part of the badge, but then expert would need about 50 kills to actually be a challenge.

As for meeting the current requirements, claywhore in the palace in Warlord. It's a doddle.

(Now, let's go find another old thread and revive it)

Last edited by TuataraDude (2006-10-07 22:12:31)

turkeybacon
+50|6452|Dragon Valley
Or lets start a new thread so everyone can bitch about "omfg search u n00b0r"
SwampDog
+12|6477|Luton, England
It`s amazing, start a thread that`s been done and all you get is people yelling " Use Search you moron", so someone does search, finds a thread and continues it and they still get abuse. You just can`t win sometimes.

But more to the point, i`ve given up trying for my expert, i`ve come closest on road rage with mines, but am always just short.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6656
because it would be way to easy..i have a 1055 grenade kills..i would have the badge GIVEN to me so easily

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard