rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853
ok, my brother is a student studying BTEC in games designing at college, he wants to get adobe photoshop cs3 but its quite expensive, tried the trial but its now expired.

So im wondering are there any good free alternatives to adobe photoshop???

i currently have paint.net, gimp and artrage!

are there any other better ones out there???
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
You could try GIMP.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853

liquidat0r wrote:

You could try GIMP.
i do have gimp, along with paint.net and artrage. the gimp is pretty good but any other better ones out there
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Sorry, lol. I didn't read your post properly, it seems. I don't know of any others.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

Aviary. Search it.

-kon
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead
Why doesn't your brother just """""""""""""buy"""""""""""""" ;;;;;;;;)))))))))))))))))))))))))) photoshop?
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Paint Shop Pro (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ … 4951547051)

I used a long time ago when it was owned by Jasc. It is almost as good as photoshop but a lot cheaper.

Assuming we are talking about buying
dont_be_ss
+312|6585|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
You could get corel painter X, you should try a free demo of it, its pretty much freehand painting though..

I have painter X, its more user friendly than cs3 (imo) but with less features
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

Hell, I'll be nice and give you the link to aviary.
Click Here (Aviary Phoenix Image Editor)

They're pretty much on CS2/3 level in terms of what it will let you do.

-kon
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853
thanks everyone, will show my bro these, might get coral painter, reasonable price
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

jsnipy wrote:

Paint Shop Pro (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ … 4951547051)

I used a long time ago when it was owned by Jasc. It is almost as good as photoshop but a lot cheaper.

Assuming we are talking about buying
I love this. I've been using PSP since '94. It's not quite as powerful, but a lot cheaper (as mentioned above) and the interface is more intuitive.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

rammunition wrote:

thanks everyone, will show my bro these, might get coral painter, reasonable price
Painter is nice for what it is, but it is far from a substitute for Photoshop in terms of what the programs do.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

OmniDeath wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Painter is nice for what it is, but it is far from a substitute for Photoshop in terms of what the programs do.
Aviary damnit! AVIARY.
x.x

-kon
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

konfusion wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Aviary damnit! AVIARY.
x.x

-kon
I know! I was saying NOT to use Painter... at least as an alternative for Photoshop...
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853

konfusion wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Aviary damnit! AVIARY.
x.x

-kon
ok, ok, i will show him that also, looks nice and similar to corel
Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

Photoshop CS3 Student Edition is only 160 euro's here in the Netherlands. Can't be that more expensive on your side of the big pond?
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

Why not get Adobe Photoshop Elements? It takes all the best features of photoshop and puts it into one program. It's not nearly as expensive as the real creative suite.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6124|Carnoustie, Scotland

rammunition wrote:

ok, my brother is a student studying BTEC in games designing at college, he wants to get adobe photoshop cs3 but its quite expensive, tried the trial but its now expired.

So im wondering are there any good free alternatives to adobe photoshop???

i currently have paint.net, gimp and artrage!

are there any other better ones out there???
Adobe Photoshop CS3 is really very cheap.

SealXo
+309|6527
or you could just crack it.....
adobe KNOWS people pirate there shit and there okay with it because they know kids like your brother need it for school and cannot afford it. They let this happen because they know in the future they will BUY there product when they have there own business/ enough money.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6146|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Paint.net is what I use(Along with PSCS3)

I liek paint.net cuz I'm used to it, and it loads up faster, and it's free.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard