Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6578|USA
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=206437

Dalin said the site features discussions of violence, rape, inflicting injury and racial slurs that are viewed as humorous.

He said his goal when he posted the message Oct. 29 was to create something so outrageous that it would spark a multitude of responses.
definitely 4chan.

sucks to be him though. hopefully the jury isn't filled with soccermoms and whatever you'd call a dad who thinks his kids are god.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

It says -CONVICTED- as in GUILTY, Trial over.

Sentence is probably in the air.

Could've been 4chan.  Let this be a lesson /b/tards:  Anonymous posting MY ASS.

That's a little harsh punishment, but incredibly stupid of him to do.  It's damn near the same as yelling "bomb!" in an airport. just dumb.   I don't get the desire to do that.  No one knows it was you that posted it, so you own't get any recognition for it... LOL unless the party van shows up.  But then it's hardly worth then. Just an idiot really.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-06-14 00:53:52)

agent146
+127|6394|Jesus Land aka Canada
WOW yo man....the courts are like....got their priorties messed up...man YO man....15 years? for talking about it.....but don't  like....people who actually do that stuff actually get a lesser sentence then that?
loop eneg
Banned
+51|5824|Crossroads, Barrens, Dreamaul
"/b/ - Random
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Why anyone would take it serious is fucking beyond me. If feds were going to arrest people for "possible" crimes mentioned on 4chan then they would be arresting hundreds of people a day... I can guarantee that if I went to 4chan right now there would be a thread on the first page exclaiming that rape should be legal or that someone asking what the best method is to kill someone and make it look like an accident.

That said, it most probably wasn't 4chan and/or it originated from 4chan and was posted on more serious sites as some sort of propaganda to scare people, as no one on 4chan would believe it after the millions of threads of "sup /b/ im going to shoot my school up today" threads...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

Wow, now if only his case creates a precedent so I can not only ban people from here, I can get them convicted of a felony too!

Sweet. Coulda used this about six months ago with ol' crap for brains.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia
Like my teacher used to say: freedom of speech isn't shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre. Just because it was intended to be a joke by one person doesn't mean it doesn't make a reasonable person, especially in USA, feel threatened.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!
I laughed.
_raab
+28|6241|Western Aust.
I love this.

"Ladies and gentlemen, guess what: There is no 'just kidding' defense."
David.P
Banned
+649|6281
Proxy, Use it!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
If this happened all the time someone did things like that, David.P would have been executed by the state 15 times over.
David.P
Banned
+649|6281

loop eneg wrote:

"/b/ - Random
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Why anyone would take it serious is fucking beyond me. If feds were going to arrest people for "possible" crimes mentioned on 4chan then they would be arresting hundreds of people a day... I can guarantee that if I went to 4chan right now there would be a thread on the first page exclaiming that rape should be legal or that someone asking what the best method is to kill someone and make it look like an accident.

That said, it most probably wasn't 4chan and/or it originated from 4chan and was posted on more serious sites as some sort of propaganda to scare people, as no one on 4chan would believe it after the millions of threads of "sup /b/ im going to shoot my school up today" threads...
I agree with the above post whole heartedly. Too bad some people are so fucking paranoid. I love hearing the old timers on the other chans/boards talk about how, If you fucked with one anonymous you fucked with them all, Or did any harm to their interests. They would descend upon you like a horde! The internet feared them, respected them, and hated them all at the same time.

Damn It those must've been good to have been an anonymous in those times.

Ty wrote:

Wow, now if only his case creates a precedent so I can not only ban people from here, I can get them convicted of a felony too!

Sweet. Coulda used this about six months ago with ol' crap for brains.
You mean cdog?

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I laughed.
I loled. But at your dislike of 4chan.

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

If this happened all the time someone did things like that, David.P would have been executed by the state 15 times over.
And without a Trial!

Last edited by David.P (2008-06-14 06:59:32)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5968|Washington DC
lmao, I think I remember that. Some guy talked about blowing up his school, ended up getting reported to the police.

Or another time, where a kid asked /b/ to send hate e-mail to his teacher. He stupidly gave his name, and people ended up sending racist / gore shit to the teacher. Some of them also sent bomb threats to the city office under his name.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6227|Phoenix, AZ
What an idiot...

on another thought...
He said his goal when he posted the message Oct. 29 was to create something so outrageous that it would spark a multitude of responses.
mah birthday!

Last edited by GodFather (2008-06-14 08:34:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard