Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Where's the ratio of Iraqi friendly fire on US forces?

Also, footage of the strike

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7450091.stm
Shouldn't the US just apologise and shut the fuck up instead of releasing videos to legitimise what they did? Where's the respect?
Anti-American
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Shouldn't the US just apologise and shut the fuck up instead of releasing videos to legitimise what they did? Where's the respect?
How come they're not allowed to explain the situation? What's wrong with them using a vid to legitamise it, as far as I can see there's only two to three who you actually see in that vid getting hit by anything. Certainly not 11 Pakistanis, nor structures anywhere in sight. Besides they've already apologised, but I guess they just have to take it, not try and show people waht happened, and get bitched at instead
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

M.O.A.B wrote:

How come they're not allowed to explain the situation? What's wrong with them using a vid to legitamise it, as far as I can see there's only two to three who you actually see in that vid getting hit by anything. Certainly not 11 Pakistanis, nor structures anywhere in sight. Besides they've already apologised, but I guess they just have to take it, not try and show people waht happened, and get bitched at instead
It's like Joseph Fritzl trying to explain why he banged his daughter, that's why.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

I still see no outpost that was apparently hit in that vid.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

M.O.A.B wrote:

Well 11 people lost their lives M.O.A.B., as confirmed in the US apology. Why they would actually show footage of the act that killed them which their families will probably see on TV is completely beyond me.
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6670|Up North
I watched this last night on CNN, apperently a group of soldiers from the 101st airborne, was doing a patrol in the mountains by the Afghan/Paki border, when they suddenly came under attack.

They then answered the fire, and lanched a counter attack, leading to the militants fleeting in to pakistan, in the pursue, the Airborne met more resistance, and had to call in a airstrike.

Note the soldiers who died, wasnt real Pakistan soldiers of the army, but part of a para militia, and quite frankly i think these guys were helping the Talebans, or whoever attacked the Para's.
13rin
+977|6479

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Why should the US apologise?  It was legit.  Maybe if the Pakies were doing a better job at controlling their borders...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Why should the US apologise?  It was legit.  Maybe if the Pakies were doing a better job at controlling their borders...
Now I didn't pay much attention to this story but am I wrong in saying they killed 11 people who were on their side?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Well 11 people lost their lives M.O.A.B., as confirmed in the US apology. Why they would actually show footage of the act that killed them which their families will probably see on TV is completely beyond me.
What's different? You watched the twin towers come down? You saw the planes hit? You've seen bombs going off in vids on the BBC? It's no different, the BBC the other night showed a pic from a Reaper drone firing a hellfire at a guy on a motorbike and blowing him up.

But if you're not going to show people evidence because it shows people dying then what's the point of evidence?

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Now I didn't pay much attention to this story but am I wrong in saying they killed 11 people who were on their side?
They apparently recieved small arms fire from the supposed Pakistani position.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-06-12 09:33:46)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

M.O.A.B wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

What's different? You watched the twin towers come down? You saw the planes hit? You've seen bombs going off in vids on the BBC? It's no different, the BBC the other night showed a pic from a Reaper drone firing a hellfire at a guy on a motorbike and blowing him up.

But if you're not going to show people evidence because it shows people dying then what's the point of evidence?
So why did the US get so upset when the Iraqis tore up those contractors and dragged them through the streets? I thought it was pretty sick to broadcast that tbh.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

So why did the US get so upset when the Iraqis tore up those contractors and dragged them through the streets? I thought it was pretty sick to broadcast that tbh.
I've only seen a clip of that on that Michael Moore movie whatever it was called, or might have been youtube. Difference is its more defined close up than from a TV camera, and you don't seem much of what happened after the explosion. Also different because they mutilated the bodies and paraded them around for fun.
13rin
+977|6479

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

No. You got it right Cam, 11 however "on their side" though may be debatable.  What are you going to be doing in NY?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6357|CA, USA
videos showing exactly what happened can help reduce the negative spin some of our enemies are trying to use to divide the front against radical islam. 

but then again, i've also seen interesting videos of palestinians 'rising from the dead' after supposed Israeli 'terror' attacks on them.  That is, they were acting dead for the cameras.  when the cameras were turned off, the people got up and moved to a different spot.  sometimes it is so blatant that the same guy 'died' in two or more places.  This is propaganda.

waiting for frothy rebuttal from Cam in 3...2...

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-06-12 09:45:29)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No. You got it right Cam, 11 however "on their side" though may be debatable.  What are you going to be doing in NY?
A course on analysis of High Voltage Direct Current technology in Albany, NY.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

videos showing exactly what happened can help reduce the negative spin some of our enemies are trying to use to divide the front against radical islam. 

but then again, i've also seen interesting videos of palestinians 'rising from the dead' after supposed Israeli 'terror' attacks on them.  That is, they were acting dead for the cameras.  when the cameras were turned off, the people got up and moved to a different spot.  sometimes it is so blatant that the same guy 'died' in two or more places.  This is propaganda.

Yes, Israelis never kill Palestinians...

Do you really think Pakistanis are gonna turn around and decide to love the US upon seeing this video? It was a pointless face-saving exercise.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-06-12 09:49:26)

13rin
+977|6479

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Sounds electrifying...nuk, nuk,  nuk...  /poor humor
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6357|CA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

so i take it you are a proponent of Edison over Tesla?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

Do you really think Pakistanis are gonna turn around and decide to love the US upon seeing this video? It was a pointless face-saving exercise.
I'm still wondering why the Pakistanis labelled it almost immediately as a 'cowardly attack' implying they did on purpose and with full intentions when its a clear accident, even if the story doesn't match up with what the vid shows. Its a bit like that vid where the Israeli tank fires and the cameraman gets killed, cept this time instead of people believing more of what the footage shows them, they blame those showing the footage as evidence as 'face-saving'.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6357|CA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

what i think is that if the video shows the pakis engaging coalition troops, this gives credence to the argument that they were fighting FOR the taliban and against the coalition.  It would back up the assertion that these so-called friends are not our friends and the attack would have been justified. 

i think there should be more video that show the real tactics of the terrorists.  this would seek to lessen their glamorization as 'freedom fighters' fighting the good fight against imperialism once people see (and i mean really see) how they victimize the population, use extremely ruthless tactics, act as barbarians, etc.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6357|CA, USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'm still wondering why the Pakistanis labelled it almost immediately as a 'cowardly attack' implying they did on purpose and with full intentions when its a clear accident, even if the story doesn't match up with what the vid shows. Its a bit like that vid where the Israeli tank fires and the cameraman gets killed, cept this time instead of people believing more of what the footage shows them, they blame those showing the footage as evidence as 'face-saving'.
The pakis have a sizable population that are allied with the Taliban.  i wouldn't put it past them that this is an effort to appease the Taliban militants in the region with some negative press on the US as the Pakis are hopelessly unable to control these elements within their own borders (cite the so-called lawless region in western pakistan).
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Which Pakistani border is next to the US border again?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
When we're invited by the Pakis, perhaps they should first identify which parts of their army are sympathetic to the Taliban so there is no confusion regarding who is being killed.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Wiki has a link to the news story, it says the 11 were paramilitary troops, recruited often from local tribes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Corps

Some extra info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gora_Prai_airstrike
Laika
+75|5944
Does that video really show everything that happened?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Ataronchronon wrote:

Does that video really show everything that happened?
There's one hit that happens just off to the left of the camera, but it hits in the area that was being viewed earlier accoridng to the vid, and there were no structures seen at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard