Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

Some of you guys are nuts. You argue about the credibility of the video and dismiss everything in it, when you clearly miss the most important part which is this:

-Reverent Wright's mentor was James Cone who wrote and apparently created the idea about Black Liberation Theology

-Barack Obama's mentor was Reverent Wright, who of which, discussed and preached Black Liberation Theology to Obama and the rest of the church for numerous years.

Where do you think Barack Obama stands?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Oh you neocons... <3

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

I watched the whole clip and was slightly amused every time the narrator said "communist mass murderer Che Guevara".

It's all about presentation. I'm pretty sure that if president Bush had higher support figures at the moment (i.e. had his cabinet not made some seriously f-ed up moves) that he would be depicted as lot smarter than the dork he looks like at the moment.

What I managed to filter from that clip was mainly a biased press and a bunch of idiotic remarks by people that were not Sen. Obama. Like, oh my God, he's got not one, not two but three Islamic names! So the fuck what? Me having a German last name doesn't make me a nazi, now does it? Nor does a muslim name make one a terrorist.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Fox News.
I need around tree fiddy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

The video is pure propaganda trash. What is it about right wing propaganda that it can't be in the least bit subtle? It uses menacing synth music, quick cuts of moments that could easily be taken out of context, hugely obvious bias in it's language ("the communist mass-murderer Che Guevara" ...mmm, wonder what bread this impartial film-maker's bread is buttered on) and only one main news source of archive footage (the much-maligned FOX News).

The right wing must be as dumb as horse shit if they can't see through this trash. You won't find many left-oriented thinkers who'll attempt to claim Michael Moore is balanced and even his stuff isn't as bad as this.
Still be smarter than the average Obahma supporter.  What does he really stand for?  You know?  I seriously doubt it.  I really can't believe people vote for this guy.  The Che Guevara flag wasn't flying in my offices.. Umm a reporter in a democracy doesn't like Che Guevara.  I haven't had a racists pastor at all to my knowledge let alone for the last 20 years.  Yet you make excuses for him.   I'd love to see your supporting fact regarding the M&M leftist claim seeing as you pulled it from your ass.  M&M films have assailed 2nd amendment rights and the US government, this short "film"  exposes a BS artist nothing more.  Sorry if the scary music turned you off.
What turned me off was how shitty, badly put together and blatantly biased the video was. Michael Moore's films are woefully biased too and all right-wingers seem to be able to see that immediately but when it's right-wing propaganda it seems to bypass their bullshit detectors. When you use videos like this it makes it hard to take your argument seriously, even if there are valid points at the core of what you're trying to say. Also if you read my original post you'll actually notice that I didn't at any stage attempt to make excuses for Barrack Hussein Obama Bin Laden, I just attacked the video.

On the subject of Che Guevara...it must really grind right-wing America's gears that Che Guevara is celebrated around the world as a great 20th century hero, a true revolutionary, an icon, worn on the T-shirts of millions around the world and blazoned across posters and walls as an almost Christ-like figure...VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Last edited by Braddock (2008-06-11 08:10:26)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
Id rather have Obama than McCain in office.  simple as that.  the second he pandered to the religious right, after telling them to fuck off so many years ago.  McCain lost me.

why would anyone vote for McCain?  Unless, you are one of the few people that have actually benefitted from 8 years of bush.  If thats the case, fuck you hope you die in a fire.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-06-11 08:11:24)

God Save the Queen
Banned

Braddock wrote:

On the subject of Che Guevara...it must really grind right-wing America's gears that Che Guevara is celebrated around the world as a great 20th century hero, a true revolutionary, an icon, worn on the T-shirts of millions around the world and blazoned across posters and walls as an almost Christ-like figure...VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
I think its pretty silly all this reverence che gets.   The guy was killed.  His revolutionary movement stimied.  America won.  he wasnt a poor revolutionary that felt the unjustice of the governments and western aristrocracy.  He was a middle class yuppie that grew up in a privelaged life, went to medical school.  had money to ride around south america for a long time without a job.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
How is any of that relevant at all in any way what so ever. (Well maybe the Vague voting thing) But nothing else should matter.)

And lol.

CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

God Save the Queen wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I think its pretty silly all this reverence che gets.   The guy was killed.  His revolutionary movement stimied.  America won.  he wasnt a poor revolutionary that felt the unjustice of the governments and western aristrocracy.  He was a middle class yuppie that grew up in a privelaged life, went to medical school.  had money to ride around south america for a long time without a job.
GS - he abandoned that cushy life. Read up on it. He died desperately seeking medicine for his chronic asthma and breathing difficulties in the middle of a Bolivian jungle he did not need to be in. Say what you like about his upbringing or perhaps his ruthlessness as a military disciplinarian but the man stood by his principles and was selfless and non-glory seeking in that regard. He could have continued a cushy life as head of Cuba's national bank but instead he went off to Angola to fight and then on to Bolivia to fight, and die.
God Save the Queen
Banned
I think there are better revolutionaries that met with likewise fates that are bare heard of by the young left.   Sandino for instance.  As much as I dislike sandinistas, they chose a pretty decent figure to revere.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Some of you guys are nuts. You argue about the credibility of the video and dismiss everything in it, when you clearly miss the most important part which is this:

-Reverent Wright's mentor was James Cone who wrote and apparently created the idea about Black Liberation Theology

-Barack Obama's mentor was Reverent Wright, who of which, discussed and preached Black Liberation Theology to Obama and the rest of the church for numerous years.

Where do you think Barack Obama stands?
Good points.  A person serious about his faith would not attend a church whose pastor regularly preached things from the pulpit with which he disagreed.  Convenient that once the views of the church he attended hit the press, Obama threw his pastor of 20 years under the bus.  As if he had no idea what the man stood for until the election.
logitech487
+16|6401|From The State Of Taxes
A thank you letter

My fellow Americans:

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee with whom he was having an extra marital affair and who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.
And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support.  Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.
I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.
Americans are tired of thinking. It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart. So when you go to vote, remember don't think, just do. And do it for me. 

Thank You.
Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.

I personally think both candidates suck . This just a email thats been running around the net pretty funny .

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

God Save the Queen wrote:

Braddock wrote:

You can't blame a man for the circumstances he finds himself born into, in fact the very fact that he was from a comfortable middle-class background and still chose to die in the depths of the jungle fighting for what he believed in stands in his favour in my book. I wouldn't say America won, I would say they are winning but Cuba, Venezuela and Bolivia are still flying the flag of Che's cause. What I like about Che is that in a world where the US like to shape what everyone thinks in terms of 'goodies', 'baddies' and 'terrorists' he has come to be seen as a great modern hero. It must piss off US Conservatives something awful.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-06-11 14:56:46)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
+1 logitech
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
I would rather see Obama in the white house than McCain.  Obama is half black, other than that it is the same people and policies running this country no matter who wins.

Democrap, Republican, it is all the same shit and the same shitheads voting them in again.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I would rather see Obama in the white house than McCain.  Obama is half black, other than that it is the same people and policies running this country no matter who wins.

Democrap, Republican, it is all the same shit and the same shitheads voting them in again.
American politics is fucked. I'd rather see a dog with a cone on his head in the white house.
imortal
+240|6662|Austin, TX

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

American politics is fucked. I'd rather see a dog with a cone on his head in the white house.
Cool!  Can we nominate one this late in the season?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard