SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6812

chuyskywalker wrote:

SpanktorTheGreat wrote:

I'm a stay-at-home DAD and a student majoring in education. My wife brings home the bacon for now, she is a nurse.
Very jealous. That right there is a great job, tbh. I like kids (having your own is very different, i've been told) and it'd give me lots of time to work on sites for fun (like bf2s.com )
Oh yes kids are great, but I do cherish naptime, and they realy do demand most of your time.
Typhino
+0|6835
lol

i'm 16 so i guess u'd classify me as a kid, but i hardly waste any of my parents time, i'm either up here in my room on my PC, or goin out doing stuff outside of my house!!!

But i'm looking to go to Uni after 6th form to study some kind of computing course, eg. Computer Games Programming or Design <<< Well thats wot i'm hoping for!!!
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6823|Netherlands
BETA Tester for a LARGE game stream company testing on-line connections.    http://getready

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-09-05 02:25:02)

TreeNode
+0|6811|Western New York

Typhino wrote:

lol

i'm 16 so i guess u'd classify me as a kid, but i hardly waste any of my parents time, i'm either up here in my room on my PC, or goin out doing stuff outside of my house!!!

But i'm looking to go to Uni after 6th form to study some kind of computing course, eg. Computer Games Programming or Design <<< Well thats wot i'm hoping for!!!
Wow, the amount of people I knew that went into programming or game design simply because they liked games. Sorry to tell you, but it might not last. Considering if you like discrete math, programming till 4am for projects every week, and don't mind your lack of normal social life, then go ahead. I like games too, but I didn't go to college for programming just because of that reason, I simply wanted to be a millionaire, heh.
Scotlandsfinest
+2|6805|Edinburgh, Scotland
I work as an investment banker so time on this game is very limited.  I try to play as much as possible but I will no where get as close as some of the other people that play.  No way!
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6813|Moore, OK
I'm currently working as a contractor at the NSA. Don't believe me? Have a mod lookup my IP.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6827|USA! USA! USA!

Dizik wrote:

I'm currently working as a contractor at the NSA. Don't believe me? Have a mod lookup my IP.
Oh I believe you alright.  Janitors are contractors too!  jk.  Are you up near Ft. Meade?  I've been all over that place...  And what can you tell me about the Aururau and the secret military base under the Denver Airport?
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6813|Moore, OK

Krauser98 wrote:

Oh I believe you alright.  Janitors are contractors too!  jk.  Are you up near Ft. Meade?  I've been all over that place... 
Hehe....I'm actually working at the NSA that's on Ft. Meade. And no, I'm not a janitor.

Krauser98 wrote:

And what can you tell me about the Aururau and the secret military base under the Denver Airport?
What's Aururau? And what military base under DEN are you talking about?
sn1p3r5
+0|6803
I work for Meguiar's the Car Wax.   www.meguiars.com
Freak Went Flier
+0|6841|Atlanta
I'm a free-lance audio engineer (sound guy).  I travel alot, then sit home for week(s) at a time. 

That's why you'll see me in game every day for a while (home), then on forums (work / travel)  My laptop can hardly handel BF1942, I wouldn't even try BF2.

Party on.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6843
i sell IT crap, few times a week i sell Bf2 ready PC's that i wish i had at home... its a good sales pitch saying yeah i play bf2 and yeah i want that fucking PC!, no swearing but
fire1811
+1|6837|Illinois
Firefighter
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6818|ATX
I work for the Lower Colorado River Authority in Austin, Texas.  We manage the Colorado River (no, not the one in Colorado...) with it's lakes and dams as well as generate and transmit electricity.  I work for the Transmission side of the company.

My official title is Software Developer, but I do quite a lot of different things from web page design, to database administration to desktop support.  Mostly I build department ASP.NET web pages and build & maintain several ArcIMS Web Pages (digital maps on the web, similar to sites like MapBlast or Google Maps etc) that is when I am not reading the BF2s.com forums or obsessively checking my stats and my friends' stats.

btw... I didn't chime in on the age poll in the other post so...   
Me = 29

Last edited by Clayton_Bigsby (2005-09-09 20:14:29)

Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6837|Sicily, Italy
primary job is a electrician (shipboard) but right now i'm working as a law enforcement officer in Sicily, Italy.  employer=navy.  my job is about to suck again as we're expected to go into a 12+ hr shift.  waking up at 0300 to get ready for work and then coming home around 1900 or so sucks balls especially as i have a 14 month old doughter and wife.  (kids are awsome but a challange)

...enough griping, i love video games, had played on all the consoles and pc but do to being overseas for the last 6+ years i droped the consoles and concentrated on the pc

doom3, half-life2, bf2 and f.e.a.r., love it

i'm at work...coffee anyone?
Henkuz
Repairs on request
+28|6802|Alkmaar, the Netherlands
I'm a logistics planner for Oilily (childrens and womens clothing company).
Married and father of 2 kids.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6835|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Henkuz wrote:

I'm a logistics planner for Oilily (childrens and womens clothing company).
Married and father of 2 kids.
welcome to the forums, henkuz.. and i feel better already (I got 2 kids as well)

40 = 2.. hehehe..
-(F^S)-PunchnJudy
+0|6800|San Jose, CA USA
Present = RETIRED
Was = Supplier Quality Control Engineer, Machinist and Mechanical Drafter
Hobby = (other than online gaming)  I MAKE and SELL Jewelery

Last edited by -(F^S)-PunchnJudy (2005-09-11 19:04:31)

Sharken
+0|6810
One of the more interesting threads i must say.

Was employed as a developer by http://www.masterseek.com/ back in the DOTCOM-days, trying to build a searchengine and marketplace for 60 mio. companies, but of course that failed miserably

Am presently working for a small company to build a system to plan trips for all kinds of people, elderly, schoolchildren and so on.
Rewler
First Aid!!!
+0|6818
I Make technical drawings for the production of Calcium-silicate bricks
Xella Silka

Builders can just fit them like on my drawings, and another nice home is ready ;D
Rewler
First Aid!!!
+0|6818

Dizik wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

Oh I believe you alright.  Janitors are contractors too!  jk.  Are you up near Ft. Meade?  I've been all over that place... 
Hehe....I'm actually working at the NSA that's on Ft. Meade. And no, I'm not a janitor.

Krauser98 wrote:

And what can you tell me about the Aururau and the secret military base under the Denver Airport?
What's Aururau? And what military base under DEN are you talking about?
Aurura ? that new airoplain /w that new propultion

===O===O===O===O  <-- aurura trail !! donut shape shingies !!
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6805
I'm a student of applied linguistics and social/economic history in Hamburg, Germany.

Last edited by LeGrandAssidomaen (2005-09-20 08:30:13)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6835|Finland
Woah i feel young...im only 15. All the old geezers seem to be at these forums, no offence

Well, as you might quess im just a student here at cold finland. You should be glad that my english is A or you would have another über "typor" (dunno the word =/ ). Ah, mispeller maybe?

ATM i have no idea what should i study in the future but i got time so no problems yet.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6835|A Small Isle in the Tropics

watch it buddy.. what "old geezers"..??
i am old enough to have been to Finland btw.. Oulu in particular..because of my work (so that i m posting within the context of the thread )

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-09-20 09:23:24)

Laby
+0|6798|Dallas, Texas
Database Admin for SBC
PawnEKG
I can get a degree in BF2...right?
+1|6805
I'm a customer support person for Purdue University. If anyone wants to help me with an internship...I'm a Computer Information Technology major focusing on networking and databases...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard