­
­
­
­
­
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

and crytek said no more pc exclusives...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

no thanks
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

Miggle wrote:

and crytek said no more pc exclusives...
They probably realized that selling 1.5 million copies of a game which only 12 people have a PC that can Max it out was pretty good.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6523
No in the beggining of the page it says pc exclusive.
The#1Spot
+105|6546|byah
Sweet another free game for me. Games with mp are quite useless without achievements or a lot of interaction with other people and/or the environment.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

Built by Crytek's Budapest studio atop an optimized version of the CryEngine 2 technology,
So the original Crysis wasn't optimised?  Good work thar, Crytek.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

This isn't even part of the main trilogy everyone was expecting, it's an off-shoot from the main character entirely. The only thing that Crysis had going for it was potentially the trilogy turning into a good plot, but that's not dead in the water.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6441

some_random_panda wrote:

Built by Crytek's Budapest studio atop an optimized version of the CryEngine 2 technology,
So the original Crysis wasn't optimised?  Good work thar, Crytek.
Just because there's room for improvement, doesn't mean it wasn't optimised. Look at the Unreal 3 engine. That's constantly having updates to be more "optimised" but to start with it was well optimised. Same goes with the Source engine.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5992|Aus, Qld
I hope that this isn't part of the trilogy, because that will just ruin it. I mean, playing Psyco? Comon. I hope Crytek can think of a better idea for a story then playing a character that we already can guess what he does.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6414|Somersetshire
"Expect more weapons, more vehicles and more multiplayer content when Crysis Warhead nukes lesser computers this Fall."

Oh how right they are
Commie Killer
+192|6393

bakinacake wrote:

I hope that this isn't part of the trilogy, because that will just ruin it. I mean, playing Psyco? Comon. I hope Crytek can think of a better idea for a story then playing a character that we already can guess what he does.
It supposed to be on the other side of the island, so generally, a whole new story, though I do wonder how they are gonna tie it in with the parts that Nomad and Psycho interact.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6474
This is more of an expansion than a sequel, so planning as Pyshco isn't a bad idea.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5992|Aus, Qld

Commie Killer wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

It supposed to be on the other side of the island, so generally, a whole new story, though I do wonder how they are gonna tie it in with the parts that Nomad and Psycho interact.
No i mean, i don't wanna be left hanging like the end of the first game again. All for what? A few new missions. Eighty bucks just for that isn't worth it i don't think.

They're not even using another game engine ffs.

Last edited by bakinacake (2008-06-06 14:09:13)

Commie Killer
+192|6393

bakinacake wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

No i mean, i don't wanna be left hanging like the end of the first game again. All for what? A few new missions. Eighty bucks just for that isn't worth it i don't think.

I aint paying 80$ for this either, maybe $40 max. But as you said, its an expansion pack, it shouldnt be that much. I dont see a problem with the game engine either, its beautiful, does physics well, has good hit detection, etc. As long as they spend a little more time optimizing it, it should be able to be played on most computers.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5992|Aus, Qld

Commie Killer wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I aint paying 80$ for this either, maybe $40 max. But as you said, its an expansion pack, it shouldnt be that much. I dont see a problem with the game engine either, its beautiful, does physics well, has good hit detection, etc. As long as they spend a little more time optimizing it, it should be able to be played on most computers.
Yes, but knowing Crytek, they will probably call it a "new" game. And raise the price to 80 or 100 dollars.

And i don't mind the game engine, just if i was paying full price for a new game, id want almost everything about it to be exactly that, new.

Last edited by bakinacake (2008-06-06 15:37:56)

oldgoat
+5|6523
the community manager hinted that it might be free.   expansion packs dont always have to cost $40 or $10 it could be free and the new optimizations could go to crysis since warheads maps and the editor will go there.
Commie Killer
+192|6393

bakinacake wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Yes, but knowing Crytek, they will probably call it a "new" game. And raise the price to 80 or 100 dollars.

And i don't mind the game engine, just if i was paying full price for a new game, id want almost everything about it to be exactly that, new.
Ive never really noticed that, I mean both of the games they put out were great SP experiences and way ahead of the curve with graphics.

oldgoat wrote:

the community manager hinted that it might be free.   expansion packs dont always have to cost $40 or $10 it could be free and the new optimizations could go to crysis since warheads maps and the editor will go there.
Really?
oldgoat
+5|6523
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651
looks interesting
Lynx14
+41|5977

bakinacake wrote:

I hope that this isn't part of the trilogy, because that will just ruin it. I mean, playing Psyco Jason Stathem Comon. I hope Crytek can think of a better idea for a story then playing a character that we already can guess what he does.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5785|loves Stimey <3 |
They say the game is playable on a 400 euro PC all on high.

FUCK YEAH
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6361|England - Kent
Another pre-order brought to you by play.com lol

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5826418 … oduct.html
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6474

Ecilop Murof wrote:

They say the game is playable on a 400 euro PC all on high.

FUCK YEAH
Or a $650 USD PC for us Ameri-fags.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard