AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Was playing through the 3 new maps and really think broadcast is great. Plenty of destruction happening with pc's, cameras and televisions all exploding. You can snipe outside and inside has tight corridors which open into larger spaces. It has everything.

Chinatown is good if you can get into a building to shoot out onto the street from, because it's harder to spot the shooter from so many windows. The few machine gun placements are a nice spot to camp from if you can manage to last in one.

Creek however seems to lag, probably due to all the textures, but it's got some great sniping areas and looks pretty there's already a few ways to get onto the rooftops of buildings to make it easier to shoot from.

The worst I'd have to say is easily killhouse. Not enough barriers to make it a maze like map, which is what I was hoping for. Grenades can be thrown from one end of the map to the other and snipers shoot through most of the wooden walls with ease if your in the middle anyway. It's probably too small, it has the potential to have more nade spam then shipment.

The new killcam wasn't working for me, or maybe it wasn't enabled on the server I don't know. The normal kill cam was in place, and we tried using clays and grenades but didn't see a change their. So I don't think it was included in the patch.

And on the plus side, there were zero Nvidia adverts anywhere. So thx to them for making it free. But I think without them it would've been free anyway. I can't exactly see what they did, other than suggest they made the maps free. Which was good marketing I suppose.

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
It's still June 4th over here , wait so they not put in that awesome killcam from the 360 and PS3 versions of the patch?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

I've been over to a couple of different cod4 forums, it looks like there are no fixes at all, other than a server exploit and you can now filter servers with hardcore / non.

This was an early release by Nvidia to SLi customers, so it is possible it is a pre-release of patch 1.6 but that doesn't make much sense, as all the files and release notes say it is official.

It was hoped patch 1.6 would add Prestege Mode, the new Maps, improved killcam, colour names and fix a number of bugs (gun related especially). Looks like it's only the maps that have been released.

The maps are good but Iw's going to have to make an announcement soon to clear things up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=62048

Heres the link to a forum who has the link to download the 1.6 patch.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6302|The | Netherlands
The maps are decent, but not playable with more than 20 ppl imho
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

3lmo wrote:

One thing they most definatly got right for the xbox, team sizes.

The maps play best with no more than 8 people to a side - preferably 6
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6302|The | Netherlands

FatherTed wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Yeah 8 would be fine, I just cannot understand what's the use of 50 people on maps like shipment (with the new patch there is also an training hall, a little bit bigger but the same concept). One thing they should have limit, or a map system like BF2.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

I thought they are quite crap imo. China Town is the best, even that, the original Carentan worked much better.
Contraz
+13|6394
I love broadcast tbh ^^ and if you play killhouse like 6v6/8v8 max it can be fun too imo
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6178|Wisconsin
I played a bit today, the only map I liked was broadcast. I think Naturn was in the same server, and he killed me alot....
Killhouse was Shipment 2.0 ...

Last edited by LuigiMcOwnage (2008-06-04 18:22:18)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...
i thought Creek was
haven't tried the other ones yet.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6146|Texas
Killhouse is shipment v2.0.

So far I like broadcast best
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6260

3lmo wrote:

I usually only play with 10 anyways
Defiance
+438|6670

FatherTed wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Because it's a console game ported to PC, great aint it? And we get the shaft on all the patches as well.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

Defiance wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Because it's a console game ported to PC, great aint it? And we get the shaft on all the patches as well.
Why can PC gamers not accept the amount of money involved in consoles? And they are just a company after all - all they want is money.

If you don't like the game, either buy something else or make your own fucking company, and you can choose your own business ethics and only sell to "pr0 hardc0re gamerz".

Until then, deal with it or stfu.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
wongydude
+7|5983
What does the patch give other than the new maps?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
My opinion so far:

Chinatown: Gay.
Killhouse: Need I say anything?
Broadcast: Pretty decent.
Creek: *Sigh* Fucking snipers....
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia
I didnt really like the patch tbh. Theres nothing here to keep me playing. If there were new guns and unlocks yea but kill cams and a few maps (by the way only creek caught my attention) isn't keeping me from playing BF:BC
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6518|Adelaide, South Australia

Imma wait 'till I can use the game's Auto-Patcher.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Imma wait 'till I can use the game's Auto-Patcher.
You took my AWM lvl idea lol
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah

RDMC wrote:

My opinion so far:

1. I agree with you. All it takes is someone that has memorized the whole map and he/she will dominate the map and not giving anyone on the other team a fighting chance. The semi auto shotty will clear out a room (first hand experience)
2. IF IW got rid of uav, choppers, helo, c4, grenades and the ablily to jump 6feet this could be a fun map. Lmg with stopping power, deep impact and bandoiler will dominate the map. Again shotgun works well in this map as well.
3. I like this one and there are a lot of rooms you can ambush with an smg/shot gun and there is enough room for use of assault rifles at med range
4. I always join the spetznas side for this very reason. There is an attic where I can get atleast a 10kill streak with the g3/m16 before anyone notices me.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-06-05 10:06:07)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

TheAussieReaper wrote:

you can now filter servers with hardcore / non.

I just creamed my pants. Can't wait to try it out! (But in the meantime I've got a final to study for and then take )
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I haven't got it yet do to fucked up video card but I know that even if the new maps suck I'll love the filtering out of Hardcore servers.
BRiiNDED
+137|6123

RDMC wrote:

My opinion so far:

TBQFH
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6260

Defiance wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Console can't even lean, the COD community is way more present on the PC than the consoles more lans more competition more leagues it's all there, what do you get with the Xbox or Ps3 a monthly fee for Xbox live and you have to pay to get what we get for free, alot of little kids play on Xbox live and even alot of older adults try and coach a team on live and they have no idea what they are talking about, and i've only played a few games at my friends house of COD4 on live. This game is so much better on PC the community is more present and tbh it's a whole lot more fun and i've only payed $50 for the game once no monthly fees and I didn't have to pay for the map packs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard