Octavarium
+1|6736
Any idea which class gets which weapons? Mine is like this:

L85A2 - Medic
L85A2 w/GL - Assault
FN-P90 - Anti-Tank
Benelli M3 - Engineer
FAMAS - Spec Ops (Red Dot sight in render gives it away)
L96 - Sniper

Not sure about the others...?
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6866|Toronto, Canada
Support will get the Hk21, its a machine gun.

As for the 53, if I remember right, its a 5.56mm assault rifle.

Perhaps on one of the maps there is no grenade launcher? So Assault gets a different gun?

Either that or maybe one of them is an unlock.
Octavarium
+1|6736
Just noticed that in one of the screens there is a guy wearing a berret with a HK53 - so looks like Spec-Ops get that rather than the FAMAS?

Mabee the FAMAS is a new unlock?
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6866|Toronto, Canada
http://eagames.co.uk/products.view.asp?id=8048

That link, the third one from the left is the screenshot, I just saw it.

It better not be an Mp5, but the 53 looks very similar, so i'd bet that is what it is.

The FAMAS is either an unlock or an alternate weapon for assault i'd say.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6766|Vermont
I think the French use the FAMAS in real life (correct me if I'm wrong) so maybe they'll use it in the game.  I'm thinking it will probably be for assault.  Also, I don't think that all (if any) of the guns from the booster will be available as unocks.  They'll probably just be default weapons for certain armies just as the SCAR-H, and G36K are in SF.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-01-12 06:19:14)

{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6866|Toronto, Canada
Theres no french in this game. Its one army, the EU (european union) So pretty much all of europe rolled into one.
Octavarium
+1|6736

{DsM}SongofWar[BoC] wrote:

Theres no french in this game. Its one army, the EU (european union) So pretty much all of europe rolled into one.
Just as stereotypical as the SAS voices then!?

Aah well!
c0n[s]tIx
+1|6708
your right tho, i was in france recently... the famas is frances standard issue assault rifle...

Last edited by c0n[s]tIx (2006-01-12 06:37:29)

PvtchieF73
+15|6735|Netherlands
naaa dont think so, just the regular english.. is there even a REGULAR english accent???
hehe
Octavarium
+1|6736
Nah its just that us Brits are always one of two things in games/films:

#1: Cor-blimey guvnor yaw a roight cackey geezar!!

or

#2: Oh wat wat toodle-pip old chum care for a spot of tea and a marmalade crumpet?

Lol,
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6781|The Netherlands
What accents are we going to expect then (it seems obvious the language is english though the French are pretty stubborn with their language too)

that army (EU) is then going to be forces from Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Greece Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Lithuana, Hungary, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic

that is not a small army and a hell of a lot languages --> Accents
Octavarium
+1|6736
Mabee a different accent for each class?

Or 5 or so accents which are randonmly selected?

Mabee you choose your players country?
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6766|Vermont
Maybe they will be speaking in tongues
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6815|Singapore

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Maybe they will be speaking in tongues
LOL BEST THING I'VE HEARD SO FAR.
Drunkaholic
+4|6750
I said it in the other post about the booster pack and I'll say it here; the HK21 was cut from production years ago.  There are barely any left.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6743|Riva, MD
The FAMAS is French, but I guess this isn't necessarily going to be all Brits.
Drunkaholic
+4|6750
If anything, the support weapon will probably be the GPMG from FN,
devr
+0|6705
It would be nice to see Finland in the expansion pack We have such a big army and all
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6754|Australia
i think EA is gunna make it even MORE appealing to counter strike players, allowing them to BUY the weapons when they spawn
WildBlueYonder
+0|6764|New Brunswick Canada

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

I think the French use the FAMAS in real life (correct me if I'm wrong) .
Nope, absolutely right. I was in Paris this summer the military is all around and all carrying the FAMAS. Cool weapon got to see it real close up (Guard at Eifel tower and in the Army Museum) I think it is the Assault weapon in the game though.
vedds
+52|6780|Christchurch New Zealand

Drunkaholic wrote:

I said it in the other post about the booster pack and I'll say it here; the HK21 was cut from production years ago.  There are barely any left.
world.guns.ru says otherwise

Both HK 21 and HK 21A1 are currently discontinued by Heckler und Koch, but are still manufactured under licence in Portugal and Greece.

Currently, HK manufactures two models of improved original design: HK 21e in 7.62mm NATO and HK 23e in 5.56mm NATO (.223Rem). HK 23e is similar to HK 21E in every respect excluding the chambering and barrel lenght. The most major updates over the 21A1 are: slightly lenghtened receiver; fire control block wth semi-auto, 3-round bursts and full-auto modes of fire; Special bolt closing device for quiet bolt closure; re-design of the belt-feeding mechanism: the belt feed mechanism smoothly feeds the belted ammunition in two stages, during the reward and the forward movement of the bolt. The ability to use G3 or STANAG (for HK 23e) box or drum magazines is available with optional feed module kit (see picture) that consist of the bolt, recoil spring and belt feed module or magaine veil. The HK 21e has rear drum sight graduated up to 1200 meters and up to 1000 meters for HK 23e; both sights are ajustable for windage.

HK 21 is in service in Portugal and some African and Southeast Asian countries. HK 21A is in service with Greece. HK 21e is in service in Mexica and other countries. HK 21e and HK 23e are currently manufactured by HK in Germany for export.

So my punt is that it will be the 21e

So do you want to correct the other thread?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6731|Antarctica
someone said the FAMAS was for the medic and the L85A2 with nade launcher was for the assault, but I don't think thats direct from EA
Drunkaholic
+4|6750

vedds wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

world.guns.ru says otherwise

Both HK 21 and HK 21A1 are currently discontinued by Heckler und Koch, but are still manufactured under licence in Portugal and Greece.

Currently, HK manufactures two models of improved original design: HK 21e in 7.62mm NATO and HK 23e in 5.56mm NATO (.223Rem). HK 23e is similar to HK 21E in every respect excluding the chambering and barrel lenght. The most major updates over the 21A1 are: slightly lenghtened receiver; fire control block wth semi-auto, 3-round bursts and full-auto modes of fire; Special bolt closing device for quiet bolt closure; re-design of the belt-feeding mechanism: the belt feed mechanism smoothly feeds the belted ammunition in two stages, during the reward and the forward movement of the bolt. The ability to use G3 or STANAG (for HK 23e) box or drum magazines is available with optional feed module kit (see picture) that consist of the bolt, recoil spring and belt feed module or magaine veil. The HK 21e has rear drum sight graduated up to 1200 meters and up to 1000 meters for HK 23e; both sights are ajustable for windage.

HK 21 is in service in Portugal and some African and Southeast Asian countries. HK 21A is in service with Greece. HK 21e is in service in Mexica and other countries. HK 21e and HK 23e are currently manufactured by HK in Germany for export.

So my punt is that it will be the 21e

So do you want to correct the other thread?
Not really, as it's highly unlikely that Greek or Portuguese special forces will appear in BF2.  I was well aware of that when I made my post.  And Southeast Asia and Mexico have no relevance to Europe, whatsoever .
pogled
+0|6804|Europe
What about including a StG-77 (aka Steyr AUG) in the game, say for the medic class (how selfless) or with GL for the assault.  In service in Austria (of course), Ireland, Luxembourg (outside EU: Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia though not relevant in that context).
Maj.Do
+85|6778|good old CA
woot i remember the Famas from cs.  burst !  Woot spec ops get it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard