nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6263|New Haven, CT
Why are we trying to fix the problems of other nations we have this happening in ours?

There are so many problems in America; why do we feel compelled to fix those of others.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-06-01 21:04:20)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5900|Washington DC
They should seek the death penalty. Not because he was a Marine, but because any fucking cold blooded murder like this proves you don't deserve to breathe our air.

edit: And if they do get the death penalty... please just put them on the fast lane. How many appeals can possibly happen before it's 110% without a doubt that they're guilty?

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-06-01 21:12:38)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6385|Chicago, IL
urban america has a lot of problems

unemployment
racial unrest
illegal immigration
poor schools
poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6263|New Haven, CT
I know. It takes long term thinking and leadership to solve the problem, something the people in charge don't seem to have.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6385|Chicago, IL

nukchebi0 wrote:

I know. It takes long term thinking and leadership to solve the problem, something the people in charge don't seem to have.
urban mayors need the urban vote, and urban people don't think ahead...
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6706

HurricaИe wrote:

They should seek the death penalty. Not because he was a Marine, but because any fucking cold blooded murder like this proves you don't deserve to breathe our air.

edit: And if they do get the death penalty... please just put them on the fast lane. How many appeals can possibly happen before it's 110% without a doubt that they're guilty?
I was watching a doco and and the average time on death row in Florida was 9 years. Perhaps that is something for another thread.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6263|New Haven, CT

S.Lythberg wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I know. It takes long term thinking and leadership to solve the problem, something the people in charge don't seem to have.
urban mayors need the urban vote, and urban people don't think ahead...
I was thinking government above a certain city.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6706

S.Lythberg wrote:

urban america has a lot of problems

unemployment
racial unrest
illegal immigration
poor schools
poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
Education is the silver bullet.

Educating your population leads to more employment, larger & more diverse industries, foreign investment, etc. Its about time the land of the free became the land of the educated.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6476|Long Island, New York

BN wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

urban america has a lot of problems

unemployment
racial unrest
illegal immigration
poor schools
poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
Education is the silver bullet.

Educating your population leads to more employment, larger & more diverse industries, foreign investment, etc. Its about time the land of the free became the land of the educated.
In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6263|New Haven, CT

Poseidon wrote:

BN wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

urban america has a lot of problems

unemployment
racial unrest
illegal immigration
poor schools
poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
Education is the silver bullet.

Educating your population leads to more employment, larger & more diverse industries, foreign investment, etc. Its about time the land of the free became the land of the educated.
In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
This leads me to a brilliant idea. Everyone who doesn't want to learn gets to join the Army. Then they can go to Iraq and improve the gene pool in America.
Reciprocity
Member
+721|6519|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Poseidon wrote:

In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
Exactly.  It's an urban culture that derides education and self-improvement.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5900|Washington DC

nukchebi0 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

BN wrote:


Education is the silver bullet.

Educating your population leads to more employment, larger & more diverse industries, foreign investment, etc. Its about time the land of the free became the land of the educated.
In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
This leads me to a brilliant idea. Everyone who doesn't want to learn gets to join the Army. Then they can go to Iraq and improve the gene pool in America.
You act like the military should be a punishment.

How about this:

We start manufacturing shit in the US again instead of outsourcing it to China. We get these tards to work there and enroll them in community colleges. If they do well, they're free to go.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6706

Reciprocity wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
Exactly.  It's an urban culture that derides education and self-improvement.
its a sort of chicken and egg conundrum. Education is not just knowing about stuff but inducting all individual members into its moral norms, attitudes, values, motives, social roles, language etc.

If people dont know how to behave from a young age they are never going to learn.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6263|New Haven, CT
If they don't want to pay attention in school, what makes you think they will want to work menial jobs with no income, or not be problems there?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6645

S.Lythberg wrote:

urban america has a lot of problems
illegal immigration
-unemployment
-racial unrest
-poor schools
-poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
Fixed 4 U

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2008-06-01 22:03:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6539|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
Exactly.  It's an urban culture that derides education and self-improvement.
its a sort of chicken and egg conundrum. Education is not just knowing about stuff but inducting all individual members into its moral norms, attitudes, values, motives, social roles, language etc.

If people dont know how to behave from a young age they are never going to learn.
Hitler was a dropout. Who needs anymore proof?..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
Member
+721|6519|the dank(super) side of Oregon

BN wrote:

its a sort of chicken and egg conundrum. Education is not just knowing about stuff but inducting all individual members into its moral norms, attitudes, values, motives, social roles, language etc.

If people dont know how to behave from a young age they are never going to learn.
it's called parenting and it should come before any schooling.
CommieChipmunk
Member
+488|6509|Portland, OR, USA

Poseidon wrote:

BN wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

urban america has a lot of problems

unemployment
racial unrest
illegal immigration
poor schools
poor people

and a culture that shuns the police that try to save them...
Education is the silver bullet.

Educating your population leads to more employment, larger & more diverse industries, foreign investment, etc. Its about time the land of the free became the land of the educated.
In all honesty, whilst the education system may be flawed, it's kids and teens being apathetic about school and simply not giving a fuck that's the main reason for the population's...well, just go into a large city. Ask some random people who shot Lincoln or Kennedy.

You'll see what I mean.
You're right, the education system is flawed... and you really just pointed out the reason why, in kind of a backwards way.

You ask why kids are apathetic about school, yet you use 'who shot Lincoln or Kennedy' as a standard for how educated kids are these days?  There's a difference between an education that will help kids succeed in the world (or function in the world), and an education system that works by filling a 12 year void with loads of information, half of which students will never remember or need to remember a year after they were taught.

I think society has a flawed view on what an education is to be perfectly honest.  Instead of educating kids to can pass a test, filling them with years of random shit, or educating kids to 'be ready for college' maybe we should teach kids how to function in society.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5766

Reciprocity wrote:

BN wrote:

its a sort of chicken and egg conundrum. Education is not just knowing about stuff but inducting all individual members into its moral norms, attitudes, values, motives, social roles, language etc.

If people dont know how to behave from a young age they are never going to learn.
it's called parenting and it should come before any schooling.
Actually, most of that needs to come from schooling.  They're at it for most of their day.
CloakedStarship
Member
+76|6504
I love how the 20 year old theives get to decide who deserves to live or not.

People these days...
Reciprocity
Member
+721|6519|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Actually, most of that needs to come from schooling.  They're at it for most of their day.
So a 4 or 5 year old kid is blank slate with no concept socially necessary morals, ethics, motives or language?  Do australians shit their kids out in the middle of a civics class?
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5766
You notice how I said most?

Or did you just ignore what I said and respond to what you wish i said?
Reciprocity
Member
+721|6519|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ZombieVampire! wrote:

You notice how I said most?

Or did you just ignore what I said and respond to what you wish i said?
Yeah, and I disagree with most of what you said.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5766
So which parts, exactly, do you agree with?
Reciprocity
Member
+721|6519|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ZombieVampire! wrote:

So which parts, exactly, do you agree with?
Your excellent punctuation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard