Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6442|dm_maidenhead

Finray wrote:

menzo2003 wrote:

no but you get a  dvi --> hdmi  plug
Will that still put out recognisable HDMI? Or will it be like plugging a digital adapter in an analogue socket?
Digital is still digital I think.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5945|CA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

menzo2003 wrote:

Will that still put out recognisable HDMI? Or will it be like plugging a digital adapter in an analogue socket?
DVI uses the same signalling as HDMI.
Yep, I use a DVI -> HDMI cable for my PS3 to a computer monitor, output is beautiful. (no fuzziness and crap like my original component cables)

I'mnot ready to throw down cash for an HDTV, but I have all these computer monitors lying around, so I thought I'd put one to good use.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-02-10 12:51:52)

Brasso
+1,549|6671

TopHat01 wrote:

Yep, I use a DVI -> HDMI cable for my PS3 to a computer monitor, output is beautiful. (no fuzziness and crap like my original component cables)

I'mnot ready to throw down cash for an HDTV, but I have all these computer monitors lying around, so I thought I'd put one to good use.
digital > analog

...at least, i think so?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine

haffeysucks wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

digital > analog

...at least, i think so?
Ja.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5721
My PSU I ordered from Newegg was DOA (had to take an old, shitty 250W out from an old computer to figure that out, which was a bitch). Went to Micro Center and bought an Antec Basiq 350W and a DVI-VGA adaptor. Put it in the computer to realize that it only had 1 SATA connector. Went and got a Cooler Master 500W, and finally got the computer on to realize that the DVI-VGA adapter didn't work. What a shitty day.

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-02-10 13:40:44)

CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine
How does a DVI->VGA adapter... not work?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6772|St. Andrews / Oslo

CrazeD wrote:

broken?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
phishman420
Banned
+821|5721

Jenspm wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

broken?
thatd be my guess
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6589|UK

Does anyone know the exact release date of the evga x58 classified?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6455|Finland

Bell wrote:

nope... but why would you want that? Gigabyte, Asus or even the X58 EVGA would do just fine... only difference is the gay NF200 chip that really doesn't make difference
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Brasso
+1,549|6671

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Bell wrote:

nope... but why would you want that? Gigabyte, Asus or even the X58 EVGA would do just fine... only difference is the gay NF200 chip that really doesn't make difference
-.5% is a difference!

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5888|one windy city
complete CPU water cooling kit for 49.99 .....

http://www.thermaltakestore.com/bigwate … 50075.html

https://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9131/yhst1443968858598820364tj5.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5828|Catherine Black

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

menzo2003 wrote:

That's quite handy then, instead of getting an HDMI output like I have and then having to buy a HDMI cable which costs shitloads for the amount of cable you get you can get a free one. Win idea is pretty win.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5721
HDMI isn't that expensive. I have an HDMI to DVI cable and an HDMI cable, and I got each for less than $10.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6237|Winland

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

That's quite handy then, instead of getting an HDMI output like I have and then having to buy a HDMI cable which costs shitloads for the amount of cable you get you can get a free one. Win idea is pretty win.
Where the hell are you buying your cables?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

He's probably one of those people that are still thinking analogue when it comes to digital shit.

An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable no matter how much it costs. A 5$ cable is EXACTLY the same as a 60$ cable. The only difference is that one is a realistic price, the other is a mad rip off.

Also, HDMI carries sound and DVI does not.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6707

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Only way to go:  http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6608|NYC / Hamburg

watch out for leaks. TT kits are prone to fry your stuff
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I, per sae, don't buy them. I have no HD tech. My brother bought a HDMI to HDMI cable, cost him better part of £45.

Guess he got ripped off then..
CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

I, per sae, don't buy them. I have no HD tech. My brother bought a HDMI to HDMI cable, cost him better part of £45.

lol, yes indeed he did.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5721

CrazeD wrote:

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

lol, yes indeed he did.
somehow im not surprised
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

phishman420 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Finray wrote:

lol, yes indeed he did.
somehow im not surprised
Not Schlopp, Jay. He's the more tech conscious one of them tbh o.O
CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine

Finray wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

lol, yes indeed he did.
somehow im not surprised
I guess not.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

CrazeD wrote:

Finray wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

somehow im not surprised
I guess not.
Nah, Cammy would probably think he could get HD through an anolog monitor cable.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6237|Winland

Finray wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Finray wrote:

I guess not.
Nah, Cammy would probably think he could get HD through an anolog monitor cable.
He can.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard