Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|4387|Toronto
How long are the meetings? Can you group students into functional units and deliver the same comments during multiple independent meetings? Is faking your own death and moving to a quiet island village an option?

We need answers.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2564

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Some fairly vanilla options from various tech chats and AV articles.

0.$ - AUSDOM 1080P HD Webcam ($45 @ amazon)
$ - Logitech C920S ($70 @ logitech)
$.5 - Logitech C930E ($120 @ walmart; wider field of view?)
$$ - GoPro Hero 8 ($350 @ amazon)
$$$ - Insta360 One R ($430+ by feature; easy setup firmware-as-webcam feature)

I know GoPro made a bit of a splash as a zoom cam last year.

Anyway, I'd look for color correction, reliable frames, and a decent sounding mic if you don't already have one (make sure you have that set up correctly and the way you like before going into a meeting). Also look for where you want to mount it and make sure it's able.
I went with the logitech 920. I mean "Logi" since changing the name of your famous brand is very smart. I trust that brand and can't think of any instances where it let me down.
unnamednewbie13
+1,879|5616|USA

hopefully it goes well
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2564
I just got the mechanical keyboard I ordered at the same time. I got the extra loud option.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/vc/3c7efda7-a168-4d11-874a-71e22eaf9c37.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.jpg
It is a shame Uzique isn't here to see I finally upgraded. RIP Uzique. Gone but not forgotten.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,724|4950|eXtreme to the maX
Wouldn't silent be better for zoom meetings?
Epstein didn't kill himself
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2564
I am not typing during the Zoom meetings. I will be on mute anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+1,879|5616|USA

I dunno about the rebrand to logi. Too close to loogie. It would make more sense to just keep their logo and eliminate the name on a product. If they're not proud enough of it to do that, there's a problem.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2564
There is probably some marketing rule about not having the word 'tech' in your name if you are a tech manufacturer. I remember for a time they went full "logi" but now seem to use their full name on a lot of boxes, labels, etc. Logitech has/had a good reputation. It's a shame some marketing people convinced them to rebrand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard