uziq
+492|3445
most earphone manufacturers do that, including much smaller companies than B&O. but yeah, fair enough. warranties and RMA policies are normally really good for high-end earphones because they're so fucking fragile (and sold at such a high mark-up, natch).
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
In this case I'm happy to have paid the mark-up given the quality of the service. Couldn't be happier. Get what you pay for and all that, I guess.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

guaranteed it was a known issue and the internal process is to swap with the next gen so they don't have to handle another RMA on the same product from the same customer.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Totally possible. I just feel lucky that the response wasn't "lol it could have been something you did so buy a new right earpiece for $200." The whole thing felt very hassle-free and easy, which was a welcome surprise. I guess I expected them to be squeezing every dollar out of their customers like so many companies.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

B&O generally has very good service. I'm a fan
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
For a loooong time B+O were just a fancy box with Hitachi internals.
They were super cool though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3445
it was a yuppie brand in the 1980s because they bothered to actually make audio gear well-designed rather than an avenue for unwashed men who still lived at home or autistic engineers. not entirely unlike apple. their good reputation is pretty much well-deserved. people pay a premium for nice looking stuff.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
I have the strongest urge to splurge on a B&O wireless charging pad. What a beautifully designed product. There's no reason to at all--I have a Samsung wireless charging pad that cost 1/4 of the B&O one I want that does the job just fine. I am over here dreaming of finer things; just look at this thing:

https://cdn-images.farfetch-contents.com/bang-olufsen-black-qi-wireless-charging-pad_14008297_19107803_400.jpg?c=2
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
What would your wife say?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Likely not much, she tends to spend more 'fun' money than me on things I don't fully get. I'm just hesitant because it's $200, is nothing special from a tech perspective, and I already have one that works. But it's soooo cooooollll

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-05-05 17:58:24)

uziq
+492|3445
emphatically not worth $200. you’re just spending money because you’re bored or fanboying at this point.

think if it were an apple product. i chagrin buying their overpriced chargers and accessories. it’s the same principle here. the tech underlying that accessory cost about $1.75 to produce.  B&O aren’t even that high-status. it’s not like you’d casually name drop the make of your wireless charger to your pinoy maid and watch her dumb, poor ass eyes bulge wide in astonishment.

actually, it looks a little gay. with that crinkled leather layer or whatever it is. it’s like the material on a cheap ping-pong bat left out in the sun at some gaudy tourist resort, favoured mostly by germans. or a paddle used by heinz and richter later on, behind closed doors, when the sun has sunk beneath the annealed pink rim of the sky and they take to each other with a teuton’s wrath.

there. i did you a favour if anything.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
it looks like a drink coaster
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I could use a coffee heater.  Do B+O make those?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I could use a coffee heater.  Do B+O make those?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Buy a French Press.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats a tedious way of making cold coffee, and it doesn't keep the cup hot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

it looks like a drink coaster
This was going to be my reply
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats a tedious way of making cold coffee, and it doesn't keep the cup hot.
Those are two wildly conflicting criteria.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I want a cup heater, I guess I'll have to make one, possibly three phase for the amount of watts its going to need.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
So you want the cup to be an electric kettle?

Do you have access to 3-phase power in your home? You should maybe just build a step-up transformer into the cup.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-06 05:23:26)

-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I want a plate which heats the cup from the underside.
Maybe it would save trouble if it were kerosene fired.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto

uziq wrote:

emphatically not worth $200. you’re just spending money because you’re bored or fanboying at this point.

think if it were an apple product. i chagrin buying their overpriced chargers and accessories. it’s the same principle here. the tech underlying that accessory cost about $1.75 to produce.  B&O aren’t even that high-status. it’s not like you’d casually name drop the make of your wireless charger to your pinoy maid and watch her dumb, poor ass eyes bulge wide in astonishment.

actually, it looks a little gay. with that crinkled leather layer or whatever it is. it’s like the material on a cheap ping-pong bat left out in the sun at some gaudy tourist resort, favoured mostly by germans. or a paddle used by heinz and richter later on, behind closed doors, when the sun has sunk beneath the annealed pink rim of the sky and they take to each other with a teuton’s wrath.

there. i did you a favour if anything.
I think you're right with pretty much all of this, uzique. But the leather top is n i c e . It's the same material on the case for my E8's, and it feels excellent. I told my wife I wanted this thing and she told me to check my drive for consumerism. I think that puts that one to bed.
uziq
+492|3445
there's two types of person in this world, the 'executive full leather wallet with card holder phone case' people and the 'normal phone case' people.

i am a normal phone case person. i do not like leather accessories.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
I have a loser Otter Box phone case. It's the antithesis of cool. I think it makes my phone about 1.5x larger than it needs to be, but it'll survive a nuclear event I bet. I should look into executive leather phone cases...
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Dilbert, you shouldn't be drinking hot coffee. It is the 21st century. Coffee should be consumed cold.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard