unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Been there, done that, have the USB NES/SNES controllers. I've even played old games on Wii. It's better with cartridges.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Nope.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

well that's just like your opinion man.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Yeah, emulation is kind of a pain in the ass.  The only benefit is you can torrent any of the ancient games you lost and load the image into the emulator, it's still annoying to configure it all with the controllers and all the plugin modules.

The only drivers for the PS3 controller(perfect for PS1 and PS2 emulators) that I could find also install different drivers for my 360 controller that fuck up the trigger recognition in other games and make it appear as a generic joystick instead of a 360 controller in games that have full recognition of them like Assassin's Creed and BioShock.  Sony should've just made its own PS3 drivers for the PC, it uses USB to charge ffs, what a waste of potential
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Maybe they will, someday. Or maybe someone will make competent third-party drivers for the PS3 controller. Until then, the 360 controller works fine for PC games that recognize it or make good use of gamepads.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
The third-party drivers work fine, it's the software and the extra drivers for other controllers that annoy me.  I just think if Sony had supported it from the very beginning, it would've made the PS3 controller so much more useful on the PC.  There's still a lot of un-utilized potential that the controller has, it could have the Bluetooth enabled or give some games use of the Sixaxis system and been another fully recognized controller option like the 360 controller.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

At least it works good with the PS3.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
lol, there's always that too
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

_j5689_ wrote:

Yeah, emulation is kind of a pain in the ass.  The only benefit is you can torrent any of the ancient games you lost and load the image into the emulator, it's still annoying to configure it all with the controllers and all the plugin modules.

The only drivers for the PS3 controller(perfect for PS1 and PS2 emulators) that I could find also install different drivers for my 360 controller that fuck up the trigger recognition in other games and make it appear as a generic joystick instead of a 360 controller in games that have full recognition of them like Assassin's Creed and BioShock.  Sony should've just made its own PS3 drivers for the PC, it uses USB to charge ffs, what a waste of potential
maybe 7 years ago, all works now
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Yup, all works brilliantly.

Default for 360, DS3 tool for PS3.

Plugins are no issue. Emulators are so easily done now it makes no sense to play anything =< PS2 on anything but an emulator.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Siii because my acer liquid died. So far it is a big step up. The larger screen is great and it responds much better. To bad I lost half my contacts when the other phone decided to die.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Got my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 yesterday.  Huge ass phone.  Gotta go back to using my blue tooth headset.  Ackward holding the Note 2 next to the ear.
Benzin
+576|5998

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Siii because my acer liquid died. So far it is a big step up. The larger screen is great and it responds much better. To bad I lost half my contacts when the other phone decided to die.
Make sure everything is linked to your Google account and that won't happen ever again.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Bought this 120mm Noctua fan yesterday but it's not expected to get here until November 1st(really worthy of $8.64 for standard shipping, not).  My existing Cooler Master fan that came with the case has an all but completely fucked bearing and I have to manually spin it for it to spin at all so the PSU fan has been running really loud and fast lately to compensate.

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RT0OiRWpL.jpg
Benzin
+576|5998

_j5689_ wrote:

Bought this 120mm Noctua fan yesterday but it's not expected to get here until November 1st(really worthy of $8.64 for standard shipping, not).  My existing Cooler Master fan that came with the case has an all but completely fucked bearing and I have to manually spin it for it to spin at all so the PSU fan has been running really loud and fast lately to compensate.

Let me know how quiet that one is - wouldn't mind swapping out one of my smaller case fans since it's a touch loud.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

heard great things about those fans
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

CapnNismo wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Let me know how quiet that one is - wouldn't mind swapping out one of my smaller case fans since it's a touch loud.
The specs say it's supposed to be 18.1 decibels at max RPM but we'll see how audible it is when it gets here.  They also have an incredible >150,000 hour MTBF because of the bearing type and come with a 6 year warranty.  I've heard people say they're both quieter and they give more airflow than the shitty throwaway fans that come with most cases, the one I have now probably stopped spinning consistently long before I actually noticed it barely moving with the case open

Noctua HQ is also located in Austria so you might even be able to get it cheaper or from local stores
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

_j5689_ wrote:

Noctua HQ is also located in Austria so you might even be able to get it cheaper or from local stores
It's €20.08 (incl. shipping) on Amazon.at.
And the cheapest local retail store has it for €19.90.

Seems the only thing that matters is how close to the Chinese manufacturing plant you live...
Benzin
+576|5998
lawl globefish and geizhals ftw
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

CapnNismo wrote:

lawl globefish and geizhals ftw
Well, none of the shops is near Graz to pick it up, and shipping/payment fees increase the price above the Amazon one, where shipping is free.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Well, they just shipped it at 7 this morning out of Breinigsville, Pennsylvania which is closer than where Newegg ships things from New Jersey and I usually get things either the next day or 2 days after from them so if the storm doesn't fuck anything up, I should have it either tomorrow or Wednesday
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6289|Pacific NW, USA
4x4GB
https://www.vortez.net/index.php?ct=articles&amp;action=file&amp;id=17024

gotta figure out how to fit the 4th stick under my 212+

Last edited by PigPopTart (2012-10-29 12:30:11)

Benzin
+576|5998
Welcome to the 16GB club.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6289|Pacific NW, USA
Seems like the new standard so I figured I'd jump on the wagon.  Helped that I got it for $52 shipped.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2012-10-29 16:46:14)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

PigPopTart wrote:

Seems like the new standard so I figured I'd just on the wagon.  Helped that I got it for $52 shipped.
maybe i'll double up. the price is right . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard