SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6281|North Tonawanda, NY

ZombieVampire! wrote:

The fact that he wouldn't volunteer doesn't necessarily make it wrong.
It doesn't make it right, either.  I know that is an obvious statement, but this is an ethical dilemma. 

My problem with this is that you have to torture something that cannot make the decision to accept what is happening.  That is why I think this is different from maintaining a military -- those are composed of adults who accept what it is that they are getting into.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6767|Kent, UK

SenorToenails wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

The fact that he wouldn't volunteer doesn't necessarily make it wrong.
It doesn't make it right, either.  I know that is an obvious statement, but this is an ethical dilemma. 

My problem with this is that you have to torture something that cannot make the decision to accept what is happening.  That is why I think this is different from maintaining a military -- those are composed of adults who accept what it is that they are getting into.
I see what you're saying and I suppose in a way it is unfair on the baby, who is completely unaware of the world and therefore has no choice over it. The question seems to assume the baby has no choice and leaves you to make the choice for it. However in it being a baby most of us can remember next to nothing from that time of our lives. However it is still taking a life without consent from it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard