N1nj4.$haoRaa
+41|6245|israel
1) Visit ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/patches/uo/uotrace.exe and download the UOTrace program.
2) After installing this, open the program. If a pop up box appears telling you UO Server List not found, click "No".
3) Click the "Options" menu at the top of the window, and select "Advanced".
4) Next, in the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in master.gamespy.com and peerchat.gamespy.com to check the connection to the servers.
5) Click the button labeled "Trace route", which is the fourth button from the left.
6) After the trace route has completed, click the "Poll" button, which is two buttons to the right of the trace route button. This tells your computer to send data packets to the host server.
7) Let it send around 100 or so packets then select "Stop Poll".

here is some of my connection problems:  (IP's of EA master servers)

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2451/mastergamespycomdw6.jpg

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7484/peerchatgamespycomxw9.jpg

then u can zero in on the server that u get packet loss:

https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2199/cmdpingtostaticod8.jpg

some times "bad aim" can be just a lost packet

Last edited by N1nj4.$haoRaa (2008-05-27 21:24:49)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6414|Somersetshire
now a lot of people are going to be blaming packet loss for their shockingly bad aim, I think I'm one of them
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6377|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Tehremos wrote:

now a lot of people are going to be blaming packet loss for their shockingly bad aim, I think I'm one of them
Not 100% of the time. I have to play on servers with 50ms or below otherwise I have incredibly bad aim, although as shaoraa points out, it probably only the unlucky few. LAN is the only way you get practically perfect hitreg/aim, and that was fun

Cool little checking tool, I like....
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6472
Ok the tool checks your traced path - but what do you do when you know there is a problem?  Does this "tool" give a solution?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK

{UK-US}Scotty wrote:

Ok the tool checks your traced path - but what do you do when you know there is a problem?  Does this "tool" give a solution?
No, and you can use the tracert command in the Windows command prompt anyway. (Rather than this application)
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6445|King Of The Islands

You do know you communicate to the server you're playing on, not Gamespy, right?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6472
No, and you can use the tracert command in the Windows command prompt anyway. (Rather than this application).
I thought the samething.....
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6659|pimelteror.de
Does anybody know, if it is possible to get another routing from the isp, if some servernode is causing to much packet loss?
blacklupus
+13|6697
They can set you on another port but i doubt they will change your root.
aimless
+166|6131|Texas

Cheez wrote:

You do know you communicate to the server you're playing on, not Gamespy, right?
Yeah this probably explains why the login servers are messed up, not why you sometimes miss shots.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard