CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Does anyone have a Logitech G9?

I want a new mouse, and I think I'm gonna pick one up. I've read some reviews and deduced that it's basically orgasmic, but wanted some first-hand experience.

I have a G5 now, and it's kind of abused and needs new. There are a few things I dislike about it, that the G9 seems to resolve.

So, opinions?

And please, don't mention Razor - I don't like them.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I've heard that unless you have a baby's hands, your hand will not be able to grasp it because it's too small.
i g
Banned
+876|5865|GA

ive never tried it, but id say get the mx518 for half the price. g9 looks too intense

i <3 my g5

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-05-27 20:59:48)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

https://www.logitech.com/repository/416/jpg/3028.1.0.jpg
G9 looks bulky and uncomfortable compared to the G5 or MX518
https://www.logitech.com/repository/225/jpg/1458.1.0.jpg
Cheaper too.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Buy another G5? A buddy in my BF2 clan has one, he said he likes it...but I'd just buy another G5.  Pretty good mouse for the price.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
I've had two and they both are the same way, I don't really want another G5.

I don't really like the feel of the G5 that much anyway. It's shaped weird. I have a big hand but, it still has a weird style to it.

Meh. It's either the G9 or the MX Revolution, and I don't think the Revolution is as gaming orientated.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

CrazeD wrote:

I don't really like the feel of the G5 that much anyway. It's shaped weird. I have a big hand but, it still has a weird style to it.

Meh. It's either the G9 or the MX Revolution, and I don't think the Revolution is as gaming orientated.
If you have a big hand you'll HATE the G9.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

CrazeD wrote:

isn't that wireless?  Seems as if that would be a little spotty.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
both the g9 and the revolution are corded, or have a corded version.

ive gamed with the revolution, and it was pretty sick. if i was to upgrade from my 518, i would get a revolution for sure. g9 is a bit to gimmicky imo.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
^I know what you mean, but corded works so much better then wireless...no battery hassles, no dropouts, connection problems, etc.  My wired G5 has never failed me.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

tuckergustav wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

isn't that wireless?  Seems as if that would be a little spotty.
The G5 is wired.

I think I'm just gonna get the G9 and if it doesn't suit me well I'll take it back.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
If you get a decent wireless mouse, like a Logitech Revolution or in my case an MX1000, the wireless never drops out. It's only on shity bundles wireless mouses that are teh fail. Plus you don't have to worry about batteries because they have their own docking stations so to be honest; wireless is as good as if not better then wired.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6362|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Go with the MX518, it's the best mouse I've ever used.  You won't regret it.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

ceslayer23 wrote:

Go with the MX518, it's the best mouse I've ever used.  You won't regret it.
That would be downgrading, don't want to do that.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
G5

G5

G5

G5
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

White-Fusion wrote:

G5

G5

G5

G5

CrazeD wrote:

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

CrazeD wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

G5

G5

G5

G5

CrazeD wrote:

Still get one!

Haha, but seriously. That G9 is the shittest looking mouse I have seen... How can that my comfy?

You might aswell go Razor...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

White-Fusion wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

G5

G5

G5

G5

CrazeD wrote:

Still get one!

Haha, but seriously. That G9 is the shittest looking mouse I have seen... How can that my comfy?

Razer plz.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

.Sup wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

G5

G5

G5

G5
Still get one!

Razer plz.
Am I the only one who thinks that the Razer not only look terrible, but look horribly uncomfortable to hold?  Meh, just my opinion, long live my MX518, best mouse ever
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

r2zoo wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Razer not only look terrible
FINIALLY!  Couldnt agree more, I hate those fucking things, particularly the guys who own them (no offence), zomg it is laike teh blue neon.  Fuck off, if you want a mouse that looks like a sex toy (a shit one at that) then by all means.  Though, I didnt so much mind the laieches (sp?) that was a nice one I thought, the only razer I would consider.

In all seriousness though, I have the G5 aswell, and I love it, but I see what your saying about wanting something different next time, hell that is what drives the economy.  But I cant really think of anything else other than that, sniper thingy (will edit post with the actual name).

Martyn (anti raZARs inc)
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

r2zoo wrote:

.Sup wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Still get one!

Razer plz.
Am I the only one who thinks that the Razer not only look terrible, but look horribly uncomfortable to hold?  Meh, just my opinion, long live my MX518, best mouse ever
No you're not.

The Razor looks incredibly uncomfortable. It's just flat...

The G9 doesn't look uncomfy at all, and according to reviews it's quite the opposite.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6358|CA, USA
i have the razer lachesis.  looks wise, it's not too bad IMO and has the bling of the pulsating razer logo. 

as far as the usability goes, i guess i have a heavy click finger since whenever i hit 'fire' my mouse moves ever so slightly and i end up missing especially when sniping.  On the bottom are these super slick teflon pads so it's really slippery compared to rubber feet mice i have used in the past.  this is great in some cases and in others, not so good.  the thumb keys on side also have a bit of a hard feel to them.  it takes effort to hold them down.  i use the one for 'sprint' binding so i use it quite a bit and my thumb gets fatigued a bit.  Lastly, the mouse wheel is a bit stiff for my tastes so that when scrolling with it, it becomes easy to actually click the mouse wheel by accident.  The on-the-fly dpi switch feature comes in handy sometimes when you need finer control and i have actually used this in-game sometimes.  also, i have a 30" monitor so the higher dpi settings are cool when you want to move from one side of screen to other without moving your wrist very far (ergo thing).

my only other gripe with the lachesis is the tracking problems.  This has been SOLVED not by upgrading to new drivers but by removing the reflective label surrounding the laser sensor on the bottom of the mouse.  after i did that, no more tracking problems.  kewl!

before this, i had the mx1000 mouse by logitech and loved it.  it was a bit big for my hands but the rotated position was much more comfortable for my wrist (than the lachesis which is straight on position).  the mx1000 was also heavier.  i did notice slight cases of tracking problems due to wireless nature but all in all i was happy with the mouse.
Defiance
+438|6672

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

i have the razer lachesis.  looks wise, it's not too bad IMO and has the bling of the pulsating razer logo.
That is why it looks like... not good. Anything that can be described as "bling" falls in to that category.

For the G9, people get mixed results depending on how they typically hold a mouse.

Considering you're so torn, if you can find them in a store try the shape of the Microsoft Sidewinder. I don't like it personally, but I'm a fan of the G5 and you're not so you may like the Sidewinder. My friend has it, he has pretty big hands and he likes it so if you're running out of options add that one to the list.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard