Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng
Can someone tell me, step by step, how to do it?

I know to download some image from gamecopyworld.com, and then do something with Daemon Tools, but I don't know what..

Karmaaz for halp!
#rekt
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

Do you want a full image, or just a mini-image to start BF2?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6123|Carnoustie, Scotland
This is relevent to my interests.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London
If you got the game installed, use daemon tools ot keep the minicd image form gamecopyworld mounted. It's like a crack, just without the replacing exe and pb kicks.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6521|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Save the image to My Documents, download/open Deamon Tools, place the image, run YASU and hide, go go go.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng
I just want a mini-image.

Can someone do like a list-guide (1, 2, 3, 4...) because I really don't want to fuck this up.
#rekt
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
1. Download a mini-image. Read reviews to make sure it works. It should be a small file - not very big (ie not 2GB)
2. Download and install Daemon Tools.
3. Mount the image in Daemon Tools
4. Play Battlefield 2 at your own risk
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

I've been using BLH-BF2.mds since 05.

Remember to not install the spywarez when installing Daemon Tools.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
ReTox
+100|6490|State of RETOXification
Mini images will not do anything to your game, they will not break PB or anything else.  At worse the image would be rejected and the game would ask for the DVD/CD to be inserted.

Minis are simply a copy of the data that the game checks for on the original disc to be sure the game disc is in the drive.  I have mini's for all my games except COD4 and only because no one has been able to make one for it yet.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland

ReTox wrote:

Mini images will not do anything to your game, they will not break PB or anything else.  At worse the image would be rejected and the game would ask for the DVD/CD to be inserted.

Minis are simply a copy of the data that the game checks for on the original disc to be sure the game disc is in the drive.  I have mini's for all my games except COD4 and only because no one has been able to make one for it yet.
No. Punkbuster can detect mini images as possible threats, and then take action against this.
ReTox
+100|6490|State of RETOXification

kylef wrote:

ReTox wrote:

No. Punkbuster can detect mini images as possible threats, and then take action against this.
Explain how please.  I've never heard nor seen it happening and I've been using minis since COD1.

PB works primarily by calculating checksums on installed content.  Making sure the files haven't been tampered with.  AFAIK PB doesn't check for original discs, never have I seen anything in regards to PB saying that it does.  A Google on the subject says no as well.

I think you are mistaken, PB checks for modified content, an image has the original content just only the parts the game reads when doing a disc check.
maxwell777
+27|6257|Doncaster, UK
1. Go to http://www.daemon-tools.cc and download this program, here is the dowload page http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/downloa … mp;catid=5

2. Install D-Tools on your pc.

3. Run the program after you have installed it.

4. Download these 2 files and place them in your battlefield folder located with the bf2.exe.
http://www.bf2stats.nl/bf2mini-skl.mdf
http://www.bf2stats.nl/bf2mini-skl.mds

5. Now right click on the icon in tray, click on "Virtual CD/DVD-Rom >", click on "Device 0: [...:] No media >", click on "Mount image"

6. Go to the folder where you placed those 2 files and select bf2mini-skl.mds

7. Now d-tools has created an image of your bf2 cd

8. Right click the icon again, and click exit. The program doesnt need to run, because it has always mounted an image now.

If you have done everything correctly you should see a new dvd drive called something like "BF2 DVD". Now bf2 wont ask for the cd anymore, and punkbuster can't see this as some people say.

Hope that helps!
aimless
+166|6116|Texas
I'm using a mini-image, pb has never kicked me.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6121|North Tonawanda, NY

kylef wrote:

I have used mini-images for BF2 for probably 2 years now, and I haven't had a problem.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Some aren't detected, but others can be mistaken for cheats and thus action occurs.
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

BF2 is bound to bite you in the ass after you do this.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

aimless wrote:

I'm using a mini-image, pb has never kicked me.
And never will, PB doesnt even look at the disk, it gets verified when the game is run and that's that, if the image is rejected the game doesn't open, that's all, PB isn't even an issue, anyone who say's it is has their vocal cords in their sphincter.
aimless
+166|6116|Texas
It is when you use the fixed exe that pb kicks you. It sees the modified bf2.exe and thinks "hax".
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Sorry...I seem to have totally mixed up an EXE and a mini image
i g
Banned
+876|5855|GA

Funky_Finny wrote:

This is relevent to my interests.
it's spelled relevant tbh...

my roommate uses an image and has never had a problem
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6444|The Twilight Zone
I use a mini image. No problems so far and the BF2 disk is like brand new.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard