YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark
I have been looking a lot for "INFANTRY ONLY" Servers!
But only managed to find 2 or 3 - with one 1 populated!
Offcourse this one is always full...

So if any of you know the IPs of any ONLY INFANTRY servers pleace post them here
(good or average european ping perfered)

Thx
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark
ok the ones I found are:

*Danly* _-NO TANKS-_
69.41.178.99:16567

Black Hearts *Infantry Only*
72.36.133.230:16567

24/7 RANKED No Rank No Art
81.3.59.216:34710

Catch-Gamer.no #06[R]Infantry
193.71.196.35:16567

Anyone know any more?
Some that are pupulated

Last edited by YourFavoriteWookiee (2006-01-12 04:35:54)

jonsass
+1|6762|Beastmanville, Skeletorland
Search for battlefield.no or tv2 in your ingame browser. They run a few infantry servers and city map servers aswell.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I reackon it's cool to have these infantry only maps as long as they are unranked. If they were ranked it would skew the whole ranking/awards thing. Of course you're going to die less if tanks/chopper/jets/etc. arn't a constant threat.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
banndontv
+-1|6748
all the 24/7 urban map servers i have been on are ranked.  I believe as long as youre running your server by EAs rules, you can run whatever map rotation you like, even if its only Karkand.... although i havent seen as many Karkand only servers since the latest patch.
Glazing
+0|6744|The couch
Dont forget [PTG]!!!!
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark
Cool thx!
Post some IPs if you can
Keep the INFANTRY ONLY servers comming !!!
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6801|Sydney, Australia
i know 1 its australian most popular server in aus gamearena 02 inf always full urban maps 64 man 3 rounds per map
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6728|Australia
but ppl still use tanks on GA2
Goose_MP[TBG]
+1|6694
If you can get to an australian server

try

Internode - Kharkand only.. its always full, even at 2am local time.
I have also seen a 48man, infantry only on Internode, that only seems to come on at certain times. It runs a rotation of Kharkand, Mashtuur (no helis), and one other.

Also, the SF maps are far more infantry orientated as well.
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark
indeed SF is much more infantry!
I especially like Warlord !

But it's just cool to play all infantry in normally BF2 too
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6739
Isn't "Infantry only" Stat padding like "Pistol only" servers?
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

no its FUN!
There are a lot of turnaments for INFANTRY ONLY ( No Tanks, No Vehicle, No Artillery ) - so I see nothing wrong with having server with that settings too!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany
I think that's just lame,if you want an infantry-only fps - why don't play CS:S,TacOps,DoD,Wolfenstein,etc.???

And besides that...do you really wanna walk between all those distant spawnpoints?Dragon Valley with infantry only,I'm sure that's gonna be more walking than killing and the battle would only happen between 2 flags.And since there's another goal in BF2 than killing everybody that moves(capping all enemy flags that is) infantry only degrades BF2 to a simple frag 'em all shooter,there's already UT for that.
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

I think that's just lame,if you want an infantry-only fps - why don't play CS:S,TacOps,DoD,Wolfenstein,etc.???

And besides that...do you really wanna walk between all those distant spawnpoints?Dragon Valley with infantry only,I'm sure that's gonna be more walking than killing and the battle would only happen between 2 flags.And since there's another goal in BF2 than killing everybody that moves(capping all enemy flags that is) infantry only degrades BF2 to a simple frag 'em all shooter,there's already UT for that.
Well thank you for your opinion
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Maybe they wanto play infantry only in BF2 and not in other games?

And who would play infantry only in a big map like Dragon Valley?

Think before you post
WILLYBIRKIN
+0|6679

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

Yes, it is another rule that you are not allowed to make.  If you do, your ranked status can be revoked.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6731|Peoria, Illinois
Infantry only servers are not allowed if they are ranked. I inquired on it yesterday because I was interested in in it as well.

Global enforced ranked server rule: e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)

In other words, they can call their server "no tanks" and ask the people joining not to use tanks but they cannot kick or ban someone for jumping in a tank.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6738|New Brunswick Canada

M1-Lightning wrote:

Infantry only servers are not allowed if they are ranked. I inquired on it yesterday because I was interested in in it as well.

Global enforced ranked server rule: e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)

In other words, they can call their server "no tanks" and ask the people joining not to use tanks but they cannot kick or ban someone for jumping in a tank.
Exactly. to find true "infantry only" servers you have to go unranked, if you are fine with that tthen go for it. I haven't seen any in my travels but i'll let you know
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6716
Or you can be a jerk and join a ranked "infantry only" and jump in a tank and get some quick whoring done, then report the server when the admins ban you.

But why ruin the fun.

Last edited by 8th{E}_SpawnXG (2006-01-13 13:45:48)

YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6831|Denmark
I have played on some Infantry Only servers, where people seem to respect that it's only Infantry allowed, to the fun for all players !!!
But offcourse there are people that will ruin the fun - there always are
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6716
Hi, my name is Spawn. I'm addicting to gaming, and I use the AT kit in infantry servers.

*clap clap clap*

Just kidding, never played an inf server. . .

yet
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

You are correct.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard