Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Just an odd observation, when i first unlocked the G3 i swear it had the worst accuracy in the game, i could not hit the broad side of a barn.
I have since gone back to it and absolutely love the damn thing and my rounds are achieving a good level of accuracy. Now im a good player (not being bigheaded or claiming to be elite) and i have played alot as sniper so i am aware of where my rounds are landing and i SWEAR TO GOD this gun has improved.
I have noticed this with other weapons as well ( looking at the Spec Ops G36 ) which is now as a laser compared to when i first picked it up.
Is there some hidden code that improves accuracy along with time played because otherwise i just dont get why there is such a noticable difference in there accuracy.

Kooda
Octavarium
+1|6726
Nope, you have just improved. :-)

Playing as a sniper does that.
Barrakuda777
I swear to god i have not impoved! Its the guns i tell ya!

Someone else has had to have noticed this!

Surely......
FrEaK
+1|6799|Finland
Yea i love the G3, it's the best rifle in close combat, when zoomed to the iron sights it's slightly poor in med-long ranges
maef
+67|6699|Tulln, Austria
in what period of time do you think it has changed?

because i heard that there were some modifications to the weapons with the last patch. but i can not confirm wether that's true

edit: spelling error

Last edited by maef (2006-01-11 06:37:44)

Barrakuda777
I unlocked it way before the patch but only used it again after (i think 2 patches??) a long time.

I didnt think they had altered it as i would have tried it again to see the improvement.

With the new patch i am gonna be G3 addicted!

Kooda
JS-L1Wolf
+0|6696|Netherlands
I also got the same feeling when i used a G36C after the patch, hadnt unlocked it before because it wasnt accurate enough. But after the patch it fires like a f*cking sniper rifle only without scope. So i do think that they improved the guns with the latest patch.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6735|Melbourne, Australia
i havent unlocked it yet because my friend told me it was a bad choice of unlock but he uses it alot lately.. you may be onto sumthing mate
Barrakuda777
Glad to see im not actually the only one.

Im actually learning to fear people who use a G3 in the game, they dont get distracted by any tubes, and make damn sure every round counts as they only get 20 x 5 (hell i burst that many on the PKM) ........
Reminds me of a Chris Rock gag about reducing gun crime by making all bullets for them massively expensive- ud need to work 2 jobs for a month before you would be able to afford to shoot someone

Also the G36 is fearsome, i used to be a sniper alot..... with this gun... honestly, im seeing less and less point!

Still headshots are fun i suppose

Kooda
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6755|Finland
In fact your accuraty is going down
Barrakuda777
My overall accuracy is, i was a sniper with an average of 50%, now im using more of the other classes (including support) i would expect it to take a drastic overall hit.

Is there a way of checking accuracy by weapon?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center

Barrakuda777 wrote:

My overall accuracy is, i was a sniper with an average of 50%, now im using more of the other classes (including support) i would expect it to take a drastic overall hit.

Is there a way of checking accuracy by weapon?
in your BFHQ it will tell you.  also, it says in one of the columns on BF2S in your 'weapons' category.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6757|Vermont
I think he means by specific weapon, not just weapon category (i.e. G3 instead of just Assault Rifles).  I have always wondered this as well.  In game it shows which specific gun was used in the kill so why is it that the stats cannot record this?
Barrakuda777
yes, i mean accuracy by specific gun (although accuracy over time by category i.e assault rifle would also suffice)
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6758|United Kingdom
Come to think on it...I've noticed this as well :p

When I first used the M4 it was lame, but now I rather like it..good accuracy, damage etc. Same with the MEC version. (This could just be because I have improved though...I could quite possibly hit the broad side of a barn from the outside now)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard