Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6451|The Land of Scott Walker

Spearhead wrote:

Stingray, let me ask you.

If I walked up to your house, standing on the lawn, and opened fire open the Holy bible, you wouldnt be the LEAST bit offended?

Fucking hypocrite.
If you did that, I'd think you need to get a hobby instead of wasting so much energy and ammo trying to offend me.  I wouldn't demand an apology either.  Why must you be an ass?
Stingray24

chittydog wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Criminal act? Pffff ...
I don't think anyone believes it's a criminal, just in poor taste. The only one to bring it up is the soldier who mentioned it in his apology letter, and I'm sure that was heavily influenced to be dramatic to try and head off as much of a backlash as possible.

OP wrote:

A tribal leader said "the criminal act by U.S. forces" took place at a shooting range at the Radhwaniya police station. … The actions of one soldier were nothing more than criminal behavior
Vax
+42|5858|Flyover country
While I do think that Muslims have much growing up to do with their prissy fear of people mocking their thing...

What kind of idiot (s) uses the muslim Book as target paper in the middle of an insurgency in a f'ing muslim country ?  And worse, gets caught doing it ...

Did he think it was funny ..? har  har,  dumbass.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

lol

"A military investigation found the shooter guilty and relieved him of duty"

What exactly is he guilty of? Working on his aim?
Knowing Iraq, he probably was violating one of their laws by doing that.

Besides, these soldiers should know that the only things allowed to be used in Iraq for target practice as blasphemers, Jews, and women that have been raped.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Now all soldiers know how to get out of Iraq!

https://i26.tinypic.com/20b1ggn.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Now all soldiers know how to get out of Iraq!

http://i26.tinypic.com/20b1ggn.jpg
Oh snap!  That's awesome...  I didn't even think of that. 
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712
What a royally stupid thing to do.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5833

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I feel the people in the middle east need to see more of this.  Many of the people there are forced into Islam
That could be said of any religion.

And I'm not surprised he was found guilty.  Military requirements go well beyond regular law (and quite rightly so).

Last edited by ZombieVampire! (2008-05-17 23:35:07)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone
Thats very wrong...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5868
i wouldn't be surprised if insurgent attacks now increase due to this stupid soldier, this is provocative to the Muslims and Iraqis, you can't punch someone and then cry wolf now can you?
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5833

rammunition wrote:

i wouldn't be surprised if insurgent attacks now increase due to this stupid soldier,
Years of conflict and you think this will make things worse?

rammunition wrote:

this is provocative to the Muslims and Iraqis, you can't punch someone and then cry wolf now can you?
I'm not even sure where to begin with what's wrong with this sentence.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

chittydog wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It's just a book.  I use the bible to wipe my ass.
And I think that's your right. But you probably wouldn't do it right in front of a bunch of people who are going to try to kill you and all your friends for it.
Probably not.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

m3thod wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

You wouldn't go to the Vatican (uninvited) and proceed to start connecting pages of the bible with your rimhole would you?!

It's not 'just' a book to the people the faith it represents.
Good idea.

/books Alitalia ticket to Rome
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Toilet paper is MUCH cheaper.
I use the bibles provided by hotels, that's cheaper.  Btw, I never understood why many hotels give you a bible in the bedside table.  How the fuck do they know if I'm a Christian, a Muslim, an Atheist, or whatever?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

Stingray wrote:

If you did that, I'd think you need to get a hobby instead of wasting so much energy and ammo trying to offend me.  I wouldn't demand an apology either.  Why must you be an ass?
How about if he took a dump on the stars and stripes?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
Yeah I hate that they have Bibles in Hotels. I don't want that evil (imo) Jew shit .... but meh, just throw it in the drawer and don't get bothered by it. They mean no harm.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL
eh, Muslims need to get over it.

It's just a bunch of paper after all, it's the message thats important, not the physical paper, why can't people ever understand this?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6841|Kubra, Damn it!

S.Lythberg wrote:

eh, Muslims need to get over it.

It's just a bunch of paper after all, it's the message thats important, not the physical paper, why can't people ever understand this?
I agree 100%, but this isn't going to make then understand that.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6556|CH/BR - in UK

This helps absolutely no one - provoking someone just for the sake of provocation is stupid. This sort of behavior is uncalled for... You wouldn't openly deface the bible or the American flag (see Zoidberg eats the American flag in Futurama ). I would be offended if someone shot at my flag/book of faith.

-konfusion
topthrill05
+125|6584|Rochester NY USA
One person does one stupid action and it's all over the news and tribal leaders want to start a war.

Pathetic.
IRONCHEF
+385|6497|Northern California
I'm surprised this relatively small incident was acted on so completely with such a high level of appeasement (appeasement here is not a bad thing necessarily) compared to many other such things that go without notice and do as much damage in the Iraqis' eyes.  Maybe the military actually has a good rapport going with the sunnis and has actual value in allying with them and doesn't want to damage that relationship.  Having friends in such a place must be worth keeping?
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Stingray wrote:

Good point...  It's unfortunate that people of various cultures act like fucking children over symbols.

If someone wants to get all pissy about the desecration of a symbol (whether it's the flag, a Koran, a Bible, etc.), they need to grow the fuck up.  But sadly, most people are childish idiots.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-05-18 10:15:42)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6687|Disaster Free Zone

Dilbert_X wrote:

Stingray wrote:

But that's different
/hypocrisy.

Insert Australian flag for "stars and stripes" and I wouldn't give a fuck...
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Wouldn't bother me if they took a dumb on the American flag either... but that goes without saying
Stingray24

Dilbert_X wrote:

Stingray wrote:

He'd get arrested for indecent exposure and I'd laugh.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Stingray, let me ask you.

If I walked up to your house, standing on the lawn, and opened fire open the Holy bible, you wouldnt be the LEAST bit offended?

Fucking hypocrite.
I don't think that's what would happen.

You see, the problem here is that we're on THEIR soil and one of our guys fucking SHOT a symbol of their faith. 

If I WALKED onto your property, RIGHT NOW, and opened fire on the holy Bible, I'd think you'd open fire on me.  And I wouldnt blame you for doing it.  But for you to say its ok for an American in Iraq to shoot the Koran is just unbelievable.  Dozens of Americans will probably be killed by insurgents because of the fuckhead.  Its about the hearts and minds.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard