Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Fosterthelegend wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

i'd self build myself a pc ...and get a far better system...its not hard you know ..
Yeah but I'm lazy as hell and am prepared to pay a bit more if someone/thing does it for me.
You'd barely save anything building it yourself.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

Bertster7 wrote:

Fosterthelegend wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

i'd self build myself a pc ...and get a far better system...its not hard you know ..
Yeah but I'm lazy as hell and am prepared to pay a bit more if someone/thing does it for me.
Compared to branded computers you do. Compared to Newegg/OCUK-assembled ones, you don't.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Fosterthelegend wrote:

Compared to branded computers you do. Compared to Newegg/OCUK-assembled ones, you don't.
Yeah.

But good value prebuilt systems are very similarly priced to the (retail) value of the components.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Yeah.

But good value prebuilt systems are very similarly priced to the (retail) value of the components.
The lower-end home systems are ok, but when we get up to gaming-grade, there seems to be a trend to charge more for the assembly.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yeah.

The lower-end home systems are ok, but when we get up to gaming-grade, there seems to be a trend to charge more for the assembly.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … =FS-077-OK

That's gaming grade. I challenge you to find the components for 10% less.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6500|Birmingham UK

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Yeah.

fair point....but i'd still self build
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

02fxnmaurer wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fair point....but i'd still self build
So would/do I.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/syscon_in … =FS-062-OK

There. You can go for cheaper cases etc.. and then spend what you save on more powerful components. You gotta stop being so indecisive. I know it's alot of money, but if you really have no idea what you're doing, and you're going to be so indecisive. Just go to PC World.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-05-17 09:17:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard