Nothing43%43% - 43
Rick Astley Concert19%19% - 19
Other14%14% - 14
Total: 98
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6464|The Land of Scott Walker

liquix wrote:

you worry about where you go after death, I'll worry about bettering the world we live in already.
What about those of us who aren't worried and also try to better the world we live in at the moment?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6589|Portland, OR, USA

DrunkFace wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Your soul drifts from your physical self and you rise into everlasting bliss in a setting more beautiful than anything you can imagine.

Unless of course you jumped onto the ever logical "god doesn't exist" or "whoops I didn't accept Christ as my savior" boat, in which case your creator -- who loves you very, very much -- denies you entry to the aforementioned "Heaven" and you spend all of eternity in hellfire.

/sarcastic religious lulz
Just because you are rich does not give you access to anything you want, you still need to pay the admission price. If not you can wait out in the gutter like every other bum.
Say whaaaaaat?

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2008-05-15 18:29:22)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6700|Disaster Free Zone

CommieChipmunk wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Your soul drifts from your physical self and you rise into everlasting bliss in a setting more beautiful than anything you can imagine.

Unless of course you jumped onto the ever logical "god doesn't exist" or "whoops I didn't accept Christ as my savior" boat, in which case your creator -- who loves you very, very much -- denies you entry to the aforementioned "Heaven" and you spend all of eternity in hellfire.

/sarcastic religious lulz
Just because you are rich does not give you access to anything you want, you still need to pay the admission price. If not you can wait out in the gutter like every other bum.
Say whaaaaaat?
The admission price to get into heaven is believing in god (well every religion has their own ideas... but whatever), so why would you expect to get into heaven when you didn't 'pay' the admission price just because you think you lived a 'good and moral' life (judged by you)?

Your satirical argument is well, just stupid. I'm not even religious but can argue against it without any 'faith' to warp my ideas of reality.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

DrunkFace wrote:

And she's buying a stairway to heaven
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

Stingray24 wrote:

liquix wrote:

you worry about where you go after death, I'll worry about bettering the world we live in already.
What about those of us who aren't worried and also try to better the world we live in at the moment?
Pretty much...  I would think that a consistent and comprehensive follower of Christ would have no reason to fear death and the afterlife.  But see...  that's the problem.  With the way a lot of Christians act, I get the impression they don't really understand what Christ actually stood for.  Someone who truly believes there's this eternal paradise waiting for believers after death is sure to actually look forward to death rather than fear it.

It's not surprising that the Catholic Church had to issue an edict long ago stating that suicide will send you to hell.  There were probably quite a few true believers that tried to take the fast track to heaven after they started to think about how eternal paradise sounds so much better than this life.

I mean, shit...  If you could actually convince me there's this eternal paradise after life if I just choose to believe in this guy in this book...  I'd be like, "Death is gonna rock!"

That being said, a true believer is probably just as likely to focus on improving this life as an atheist like myself, since part of understanding Christ's message involves helping others.  It's just sad to see how Dispensationalists have essentially reduced their faith down to little more than a glorified death cult obsessed with Revelations.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard