Spiritual Sanctuary17%17% - 17
Re-Encarnation5%5% - 5
Nothing43%43% - 43
Rick Astley Concert19%19% - 19
Other14%14% - 14
Total: 98
trackstarr
+18|6703|Swing and a miss
What do you believe happens to you after you pass away?

Heaven?

https://anandamide.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/led-zeppelin-stairway-to-heaven.jpg

Re-encarnation?

https://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/animals/assets/having_a_smoke.jpg

Nothing?

https://www.yourmachines.org/images/mgpy/timewarp_01.png

Rick Astley?

https://daz.com/img/00/00/00/7417.jpg

It hit me today, that when any of us die its an absolute feeling of nothing. You are not going to see a black emptyness of nothing, your just dead.
Your mind will not even FUCKING function. And that is what trips me out

What do you believe happens after death?

P.S. I enjoy life and do not hate it, this question just majorly dawned upon me today.

Last edited by trackstarr (2008-05-14 00:50:50)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

nothing

hard for me to believe that a "soul" can live on.

on a more serious note:

"Rick Astley Concert"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
trackstarr
+18|6703|Swing and a miss
I just still find it hard that everything just shuts down once you die.

I mean that sucks major

Last edited by trackstarr (2008-05-14 00:53:04)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

trackstarr wrote:

I just still find it hard that everything just shuts down once you die.

I mean that sucks major cock
yes but you wouldn't be "OHHH COCK YOU GOD!" if there is nothing.

and if there is you'd be like "ahhh ok"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

nothing

hard for me to believe that a "soul" can live on.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
You get rick rolled.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Personally, I'm OK if I'm wrong about the spiritual sanctuary thing. Would suck to believe otherwise (and behave accordingly), then find out you were wrong afterward.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Other is most logical for me, as I actually realize that idunnolol.
PureFodder
+225|6287
Your conscience is a product of your biological brain. When that stops working, the conscience being that you are stops too.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England
Energy cannot be destroyed.  As you decompose, your energy is passed on in other forms, if your ashes are scattered in the garden they will fertilise plants, these plants will be eaten by animals which inevitably die and the cycle continues.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6773|Rotherham, England
It would be nice to think there is a heaven to go too, but to be honest when you realise there is actually nothing there you'll be past the stage when it actually mattered whether there was or not.
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders
I don't believe anything will happen.

I know my body will be broken down and its matter will be incorporated into all sorts of other neat things. And that's pretty much all that's going to happen.
ReTox
+100|6501|State of RETOXification
Ok, I'll be contrary.

Physical death is the release of the spiritual "other dimensional" self.  Consider modern physics posits that there could be up to 11 dimensions making up our universe.  Four we know of: front/back, left/right, up/down, and time.  The others we only speculate on through the math we have discovered but evidence suggests they exist.

It is plausible that the spiritual side of us continues and is actually released (kinda cocoon like) when we die.  Our spiritual energy, or soul, is just that; a cohesive energy that is eternal.  Remember energy can't be created or destroyed but it can be transformed.  This is what death is imo, the end of one existence and the start of something wholly different.
too_money2007
+145|6310|Keller, Tx
Death is going to suck, simply because I love living. That might be different if I was born and lived in, say, Ethiopia my whole life and all I ever knew was pain. What's worse is that I know my son will die someday too, and it pains me greatly. I just hope I don't live to see it.
FallenMorgan
+53|5916|Glendale, CA
I don't believe in Heaven or Hell or any of that other shit, because there's evidence that it was just a way of scaring children into being good and whatnot.  I'm giving a null vote, I'm agnostic.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
My religion is based around FF7. You're body becomes mako energy for the planet.
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
Your body returns to the earth (burial, whatever) and your spirit (yes, an actual ghost inside your physical body) returns from whence it came pending judgment and then you live forever in a place befitting your judgment.

ReTox wrote:

It is plausible that the spiritual side of us continues and is actually released (kinda cocoon like) when we die.  Our spiritual energy, or soul, is just that; a cohesive energy that is eternal.  Remember energy can't be created or destroyed but it can be transformed.  This is what death is imo, the end of one existence and the start of something wholly different.
I have it from a friend who has been in an ER long enough (now works a morgue) that says there is a physical difference felt when someone dies.  You can actually feel the spirit leaving the body.

And I've read several volumes of near death experience books with hundreds of personal testimonies of people experiencing things that more than prove to me the existence of another life/plain, etc beyond this mortal coil. 

Even if there were "proof" that there is nothing after this life, it'd have to beat down thousands of years of religious proof and personal experiences..in short, it would be impossible to prove nothing after this life IMHO.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-05-14 09:55:50)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200
72 virgins.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England

IRONCHEF wrote:

Your body returns to the earth (burial, whatever) and your spirit (yes, an actual ghost inside your physical body) returns from whence it came pending judgment and then you live forever in a place befitting your judgment.
I believe the first part, but not the latter.  That said, I guess the place befitting my judgement won't be too nice?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

72 virgins.
one of em is rick astley tbh
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
FallenMorgan
+53|5916|Glendale, CA

IRONCHEF wrote:

IF heaven exists, I'd imagine it is nothing like this:

https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd241/francesuzo/heaven.jpg

I'd imagine, if it exists, it's like a resort hotel.  Hell could hypothetically be more like a grimey Motel 6 where there's a bunch of hookers with STDs and only 4 channels on the TV and whatnot, and the soda machine doesn't work.

Actually, I prefer the hypothetical idea of something like Wristcutters: A Love Story.  A world that's basically just like ours, just better, or worse, populated with all the people who died in the past and blah blah blah.  <emo>I largely don't believe in Heaven/Hell, but a side of me does, simply out of hope that atleast someday I could meet the angel in my poetry:

It will never be me,
Will it?

I cry,
And I wait,
And I scratch at the walls,
Waiting,
And wanting

I'll never hold your hand,
And hear you say you love me,
I'll always wait,
False hope in my heart,
You're so cold.

I don't blame you, Angel,
You stepped on my heart,
By accident,
Not even knowing who I am

It'll always be you,
And one of them,
The ones that know who you are,
And I'll wait,
Staring at my tv screen,
Needing you,
And knowing,
I'm never gonna be with you.

</emo>
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6357|England - Kent
There is not such thing a nothing so I dunno, It would be nice tho to know if I was going up the perly gates to meet with St. Peter...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Hmmm, I'd like to think heaven but I dont see the whole living in the clouds with wings thing being practical. 

I look to science to try and explain things to me, but, when you look at the fact that science by it's sheer definition cant prove or disprove any sort of mythical being and/or afterlife, it really is a case of enjoy your time while you can and see how things go :\.

Martyn
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

FEOS wrote:

Personally, I'm OK if I'm wrong about the spiritual sanctuary thing. Would suck to believe otherwise (and behave accordingly), then find out you were wrong afterward.
Why do religious people always assume that if you don't believe in god or an afterlife, you have no morals? 

Just because you believe there's no point to anything (like me) doesn't mean you treat everyone else like crap or anything.  Morality has nothing to do with spirituality.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard