• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Is the integrated sound card in the GA-P35-DS3 any good?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6213|Winland

Thinking of using it if I'm gonna go Vista soon, as my SoundBlaster Live! isn't supported there.

Anyone know how it compares to an older SoundBlaster in analogue mode?

EDIT: Also, just made this thread to entertain me whiles installing Windows, can't test by myself right now.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-05-08 14:37:57)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6469|The Twilight Zone
What codec does the mobo use? Realtek AC'97 or something newer?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
']['error
Banned
+630|6660|The Netherlands
sure there aren't any drivers? I have the cheapest soundblaster I could get, it's an SoundBlaster Audigy, it's an old card but there are even vista 64-bit drivers for it .

edit: There are drivers for the "soundblaster live!" soundcards. clicky

Last edited by ']['error (2008-05-08 14:45:08)

$niperkiller
+4|6448|NH
I used the integrated sound on my GA-P35-DS3R with Vista and didn't hear any difference between it and my X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card, although, i haven't really tried to listen for a different before. If there is any, it won't be noticable except maybe when the volumes up loud.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6464

I use it and it's great. However, I can't compare it to any sound card, because I have never tried any. But yea, it's really good.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I'd think the only difference is the lack of EAX, and your CPU being stressed with audio processing instead of the sound card.

Which is a pain, because EAX ftw.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6213|Winland

PBAsydney wrote:

I'd think the only difference is the lack of EAX, and your CPU being stressed with audio processing instead of the sound card.

Which is a pain, because EAX ftw.
Ah, yes, EAX. That's a smash to the face. Guess I won't be going Vista any time soon, anyhow

Should get a Xonar, or something when I get some cash to spare.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6591|London
It's got HD intel and AC97, never played games on it but I reckon it'd do the job if you're not looking to hear footsteps. For music it's fine for 2.1/headphones, so unless you have a quality 5.1+ setup or some quality headphones you're unlikely to hear much of a difference with a dedicated soundcard.

EDIT: I just got an EAX HD compatible card and it's a meh improvement over lesser EAX. The 3D positioning is godlike for games though, I can play cod4 with my eyes closed!

Last edited by Aries_37 (2008-05-08 15:31:17)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6213|Winland

Aries_37 wrote:

It's got HD intel and AC97, never played games on it but I reckon it'd do the job if you're not looking to hear footsteps. For music it's fine for 2.1/headphones, so unless you have a quality 5.1+ setup or some quality headphones you're unlikely to hear much of a difference with a dedicated soundcard.

EDIT: I just got an EAX HD compatible card and it's a meh improvement over lesser EAX. The 3D positioning is godlike for games though, I can play cod4 with my eyes closed!
Well, I have a kickass sound system, and I'm looking to hearing footsteps
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Is the integrated sound card in the GA-P35-DS3 any good?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard