Poll

Do you want IO in BF2142?

Yes52%52% - 37
No47%47% - 33
Total: 70
Warscythe_115
+5|5836|Camping a Titan nearest you!
I have only just started on bf2 after playing BF2142 for awhile. I prefer the I/O servers, i think it has to do with the seriously underpowered AA placements. But I see no where that I/O is needed in BF2142. there are not that many vehicles in the maps and aircraft rapage isn't anywhere near as bad in BF2142.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5867

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I am boring
What he said.
agreed
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6532|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

IO is boring
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
IO, but make it so we can find a vehicle server. In BF2, there's no option to find a server with vehicles! So one option would show you IO servers, deselect the IO option and we get the servers with vehicles.

That alone would make me grab 2142.
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5832|u fucking wot m8

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I am boring
What he said.
agreed
Seconded.
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
ManicJM
+2|5821
I think the option would be good, especially for certain maps, like cerebere, where there  is only 1 team with a walker.
Benzin
+576|6000
Manic, the point of that one walker is because PAC is already screwed when the map starts. The walker at least gives them a prayer of making it past the first flag.

As most everyone said, I think that 2142 is already set just fine with infantry vs vehicles. If EA could just fix the bugs in the game, then it would be the perfect game, IMO.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire
I think it's a good idea, but make sure of a way to just search for vehicle servers as well, because of the balanced gameplay I doubt all will become IO servers, probably only the one that ban vehicles anyway.
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden

CapnNismo wrote:

Manic, the point of that one walker is because PAC is already screwed when the map starts. The walker at least gives them a prayer of making it past the first flag.
No, a quick Blitz with the FAV is their only hope.
The walker will be destroyed by mines and/or the Rorsch at church.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
Infantry only is a good thing for BF2142, the vehicles are boring and dumbed down as hell anyway.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Infantry only is a good thing for BF2142, the vehicles are boring and dumbed down as hell anyway.
Omfg, if you cant deal with vehicles in BF2142, you should quit playing battlefield, seriously...they are the most vulnerable in the whole series.
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
^
True.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

Longbow wrote:

Omfg, if you cant deal with vehicles in BF2142, you should quit playing battlefield, seriously...they are the most vulnerable in the whole series.
I deal with them just fine. It doesn't stop them being ultimately boring. The only thing that remotely resembled fun was the Gunships that took skill until 1.2 where they buffed missile lock so any idiot could win a dogfight.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Why do people have a problem having it as an option, believe me the more things you can have optional the better.

Last edited by War Man (2008-05-29 14:50:10)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5867

Longbow wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

While this is true, I'd still like to see an I/O option, just for the fact that I/O would be a way different play style that I'd like to see.
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Players that like to have diverse gameplay will not like this option. That's what makes battlefield awesome; the abililty to do several different things in any given match. Be it fly in a gunship, then do some infantry, then perhaps jeep jihading, followed by capping silos/ flags with an air transport loaded with teammates.

The game just becomes very one dimensional with IO. That said, I did avoid maps in BF2 that had excessive air firepower because of how much air vehicles could dominate a map without fear of retaliation from ground units. 2142 doesn't have this problem though, as balancing in this game is much better than its predecessor.

m0v3m3nt wrote:

Why not have the option for those who dig I/O? You haven't got to play it.
You don't have to play it, but it has a drastic impact on your ability to find full servers with standard gameplay as a huge portion of the player base will shift over to IO servers.

Last edited by Volatile (2008-05-29 20:21:23)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire

Volatile wrote:

You don't have to play it, but it has a drastic impact on your ability to find full servers with standard gameplay as a huge portion of the player base will shift over to IO servers.
That's why it should allow for the option to find vehicle servers, but if I remember correctly, only a few maps were gonna get the IO option, which will be the maps that server admins enforce the no vehicle rule anyway, there's still gonna be servers, I reckon because of the balanced gameplay, the only IO servers will be the ones we have now plus some servers that are playing shingle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard