Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6687
1) Tanks, APCs, Helicopters, Jets, and Jeeps get less armor

Tanks: 1 rocket takes off half of armor, or 4 grenades underneath to kill
APC: 1 rocket brings it to red armor, 2 grenades underneath to kill
Jeep: 1 rocket kills, or 1 grenade underneath (what do you think would happen to your car if you blew a grenade up under it?)
Jets: Half health
Heli: 1 rocket brings it to red armor

2) The jeeps should not have blockers protecting the shooter
3) Tanks/APCs need to take more damage from grenades being thrown under them
4) No tanks/APCs on Karkand
5) More fixed rocket/AA implacements
6) The AA missles need to hit 100% of the time if it is locked on
7) 3 second respawn invincibility, or until you fire your first shot
8) Artillery should only take 1 C4 before it blows up
9) If you camp in the same place for more than 15 seconds, you show up on the map
10) Anti-tanks need better weapons
11) The grenade launcher should need to have a direct hit for a 1 hit kill.  Area damage is reduced by 1/2.
12) The L8 needs to be better
13) You can sprint for as long as you want.  Yeah I know not as realistic, but makes travel easier.
14) If you jump, your weapon becomes as accurate as a no scope sniper rifle
15) You should be able to handle recoil better when lying down

Yeah thats what I think should be done.  Making infantry better and vehicles worse, so the game is more like BF1942.  Feel free to comment.
Scorpian65
+14|6740
This isnt BF1942, if thats what you want then go back to it.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
1) I agree on some but the rest I disagree on.

2) I don't understand on what you mean.

3) disagree, armor is getting stronger and stronger as countries progress on technology, it would be unrealistic

4) agree on

5) agreed

6) agree

7) dumb, this what medics are for

8) agree all the way

9) not bad idea to stop people from being afk but make it 30 seconds

10) good and bad idea

11) that will incourage bunny hoppers

12) in real life I heard it is cheap

13) this is what vehicles are for

14) I like it

15) yes and no, machineguns should have no recoil at all when prone, but the rest of the weapons no.

In World War 2 the vehicles were crap but now-a-days it is different with the armor getting better and better.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6687
Yes I know, but I care more about gameplay than realism.
FourStars
+1|6741|Australia
bollocks
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

Tanks: 1 rocket takes off half of armor, or 4 grenades underneath to kill Yes
APC: 1 rocket brings it to red armor, 2 grenades underneath to kill  No
Jeep: 1 rocket kills, or 1 grenade underneath (what do you think would happen to your car if you blew a grenade up under it?) Already is. Besides the grenade part
Jets: Half health One AA Missile already does that
Heli: 1 rocket brings it to red armor Yes

2) The jeeps should not have blockers protecting the shooter My ass. If you can't hit his head sucks to be you
3) Tanks/APCs need to take more damage from grenades being thrown under them No. Frag grenades are not that armor piercing IRL
4) No tanks/APCs on Karkand I don't care.
5) More fixed rocket/AA implacements Yes to more TOWS, More AA's aren't going to help.
6) The AA missles need to hit 100% of the time if it is locked on You might as well phase jets out then
7) 3 second respawn invincibility, or until you fire your first shot Nope. Run and knife anyone?
8) Artillery should only take 1 C4 before it blows up Uh. Why?
9) If you camp in the same place for more than 15 seconds, you show up on the map Then what's a sniper for?
10) Anti-tanks need better weapons Dao, Rocket Launcher. Wtf else does it need?
11) The grenade launcher should need to have a direct hit for a 1 hit kill.  Area damage is reduced by 1/2. That's not the main problem now..
12) The L8 needs to be better It already is. Learn to use it or spend $30 and get G36E
13) You can sprint for as long as you want.  Yeah I know not as realistic, but makes travel easier. I thought you wanted to BALANCE the game
14) If you jump, your weapon becomes as accurate as a no scope sniper rifle Yes
15) You should be able to handle recoil better when lying down You already are. Accuracy-Wise.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6700|İstanbul,Türkiye
if you want to play infantry only go play cs:s and stay the fuck away from bf2. According to you we should put a water pistol to the game and let it destroy tanks in 2 shots.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6693
i think people should stay spotted as long as they are 1 feet from their original position
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6687|Espoo, Finland
I think the spotted thing for camping is one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard! This is not CS damn it! Camping very much belongs to this game.
kreinator
+0|6736
The thing about balancing is: everyone has to live with the above mentioned things. There is most of the time a helicopter or tank on your team , too. So in fact there is nothing unbalanced other then the skill of the player.
$kelet0r
+16|6684

Jeep: 1 rocket kills, or 1 grenade underneath (what do you think would happen to your car if you blew a grenade up under it?)

9) If you camp in the same place for more than 15 seconds, you show up on the map
11) The grenade launcher should need to have a direct hit for a 1 hit kill.  Area damage is reduced by 1/2.
13) You can sprint for as long as you want.  Yeah I know not as realistic, but makes travel easier.
i disagree completely with everyone of your points - they are all ridiculous
you're playing the wrong game methinks
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
No, armour and air is supposed to achive superiority and dominate a battlefield

It rlready does that, depends on where you're shooting.
Depends on where you are shooting, really.
If you could get a gernade right under, not near it, then it would blow up.
Yeh, rockets do do half health
Then nobody would use it, why not add biplanes while your at it?

The Humvee, Vodnik..etc. Bigger Transports do, be satisfied

If it was right under a armour target, 4-6 would blow it up.

No, that's part of a map. Taking it out with be not as fun, if someone is spawn camping with it, change, if no more spawn points left, reconsider how in the world did you mess up.
I agree, but where?

No, remember flares! And if you're going for the "real life" thing, then you can't hit a F-22 since you can't lock on with heat!
Don't fire a shot, get close to enemy knife! DONE!

Then Spec Ops would go in crazy mops for the artillery at the start of a round.

That's what commanders are for.

What more can you ask for? A laser gun? A sniper rifle? The rockets are damn heavy and you really can't afford to carry much more. And the rockets are enough for the ANTI-TANK class, not the Anti-troops and tank class.

Then gernades would need to bounce hit somebody smack in the face to kill them, ever heard the word "frag"?

Buy SP.

Let me run around the map and just stop, noob tube, run noob tube, run to ammo box, noob tube and run straight into a bunch of enemies! Seriosulu, ever heard of transport?

Agreed, but what if I 'm throwing things? Will it go behind me?

You do.

If we wanted BF1942, we would've stuck to it. I know! Let's not use Abrams and T-90s and replace them with Shermans and Panzers! Those in favour say "GAY!"
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6691

$kelet0r wrote:

i agree with skel. i miss the old days were one fully loaded blackhawk could take a flag in like 4 seconds, lmao that was great and funny.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6687
I want to play a game like BF1942 where infantry had an equal chance against vehicles.  Right now, we might as well name the game TankWhore 2.  I understand that some of you like the vehicles being unbalanced, because otherwise you would get no kills because you would no longer have an huge ass advantage against infantry.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6691
IMO, I think everything is fair and balanced. Its just people bitching about others who own them cause they have either more or lots of experience in one area or the other.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6691
and i mean no offense to you sh4rk or any1 else here who disagrees with me.
kreinator
+0|6736
I have only experienced really annoying and unbalances rounds when I had people in my team who were no match for the players in the other team to say the least. Fortunately this situation occurs very rarely and so I honestly don't understand what you problem is. Every team has tanks and helis but not every team has good pilots or good tank drivers. And if you get killed by a tank all the time then maybe you are doing something wrong.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
A Tank on open ground is a troop's worst nightmare, but in a city or forest, any troop with a missile could take it out.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
No offense, but I think all of your ideas completely suck.  Play Call of Duty 2 or Counter Strike for infantry battles.  Half of BattleField2 is being able to use whatever vehicles you want, and taking out vehicles requires practice and experience.  The reason you can't use the AA for beans, no offense, is that you just fire at the wrong times.  I would completely stop playing BF2 if these ideas were put into action.  Invincibility until you fire.. WHAT THE F**K?!?!  You could run to the other side of the map without dying. 

Dude, just accept the fact that you don't like BF2.  I don't use vehicles very often, and most of the fun about BF2 is that you are put into real life situations, and if you don't even know how to C4 or bazooka a tank by now then I guess that just sucks for you

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-01-12 13:30:44)

ronin1942
+-1|6845

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

$kelet0r wrote:

i agree with skel. i miss the old days were one fully loaded blackhawk could take a flag in like 4 seconds, lmao that was great and funny.
me too.im a infantry player myself but i still want the option for other things.and a tank should be difficult to take down for at for christ sake its a TANK.

Last edited by ronin1942 (2006-01-12 13:50:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard