Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
Has "The Onion" taken control of the country?! Is the US now beyond irony or parody?

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/a … ryid=79533
Well, another Pasco County substitute teacher's job is on the line, but this time it's because of a magic trick.

The charge from the school district — Wizardry!

Substitute teacher Jim Piculas does a 30-second magic trick where a toothpick disappears then reappears.

But after performing it in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes, Piculas said his job did a disappearing act of its own.

"I get a call the middle of the day from the supervisor of substitute teachers.  He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue.  You can't take any more assignments.  You need to come in right away,'" he said.

When Piculas went in, he learned his little magic trick cast a spell that went much farther than he'd hoped.

"I said, 'Well Pat, can you explain this to me?'  'You've been accused of wizardry,' [he said]. Wizardry?" he asked.
EDIT: If some parts of the Middle East are living in the Middle Ages then I'd have to say many portions of the US are as well.

Last edited by Masques (2008-05-07 10:27:36)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL
"insert ig quote here"

what is this, Haiti?

Wizardry?

come on Florida!
PureFodder
+225|6278
I blame Harry Potter for this rise in wizardry.

Ban Harry Potter! Keep our kids safe from this satanic scourge!
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
I'd like to ask any BF2S'ers:

Are you now or have you ever engaged in "wizardry"? Have you done any wizarding that might be detrimental to your career?

And to any military members out there, does your wizardry threaten the national security of your country? Out with it!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

Masques wrote:

Are you now or have you ever engaged in "wizardry"? Have you done any wizarding that might be detrimental to your career?

And to any military members out there, does your wizardry threaten the national security of your country? Out with it!
dammit, i was involved in a magic demonstration a few years back.

there go my hopes and dreams
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6534|Texas - Bigger than France
Well, what the article doesn't say is the toothpick disappears up his bunghole.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

I think Voldemort is behind this.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Probably it's the same people that burn Harry Potter books because they're 'evil'.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL
Why isn't my psych teacher fired yet?
https://thewizardofoz.warnerbros.com/movie/img/photos/photo5.jpg
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

<FACE PALM>

Are we going to start burning witches again too?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

<FACE PALM>

Start?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

The Sheriff wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

<FACE PALM>

Start?
While burning never actually occurred in colonial America, it did occur in European countries as the punishment for witchcraft.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

<FACE PALM>

Start?
While burning never actually occurred in colonial America, it did occur in European countries as the punishment for witchcraft.
we kill our witches the environmentally friendly way

https://thoughtmerchant.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/noose.jpg

this is the dumbest thing i've seen out of the south all... day...
13rin
+977|6471
The Asshattery is astonishing.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

<FACE PALM>

Start?
I meant, who stopped?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Is it me, or is the U.S actually getting MORE backwards by the day? No shit "The Rest" are starting to Rise. We can all laugh at the Middle East, but they're at least, sort of, slightly becoming more modern. (except Iran and Saudi Arabia)
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The Asshattery is astonishing.
this story is too ridiculous for serious debate, and we all agree on that fact.

and mek, parts of this country have "issues," including the debate about the outcome of the civil war, and how many fifths of a person an African American counts as...

this story just goes on the long list of things that Dumbass Americans do...

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2008-05-07 11:11:06)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

The Sheriff wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Start?
I meant, who stopped?
Ahh, I gotcha.  I smell what you're stepping in. 
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
This should be in Not BF2s, Not BF2 Junk Drawer General Chatter Everything Else.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
To make this a serious thread:

How far will the anti-intellectual thread that has emerged recently in American society go? Thus far we've had a President that famously doesn't listen to polls or what the "experts" tell him and 2 presidential candidates that have said that 1) they don't put their "lot in with economists" (Clinton) and 2) that they "don't know much about economics" (McCain).

Is this a problem?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

LOL...it's spreading!

Reuters wrote:

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080422/od_ … witchcraft
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Is it me, or is the U.S actually getting MORE backwards by the day? No shit "The Rest" are starting to Rise. We can all laugh at the Middle East, but they're at least, sort of, slightly becoming more modern. (except Iran and Saudi Arabia)
Well if Iran is closer and closer to developing nuclear reactors and maybe even weapons I would call that "modernising"

Anyway I cant believe they are actually calling it wizardry ffs. Its not that he is accused of "not sticking to the curriculum" or "unprofessional behaviour" or something like that. But actual wizardry wtf?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

LOL...it's spreading!

Reuters wrote:

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080422/od_ … witchcraft
Witchburnings in Africa are commonplace. A great example of how mediaeval Christian behaviour (see, it's not just the Muslims) still goes on in more backward countries........

Like America.

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

This is prime material for something like SNL, or Colbert.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK

Masques wrote:

No, but my friend can do the magic trick where you put a 10p coin in your hand and blow into your hand, and it goes behind your ear. Man i made like... 60p that day. He says only special people can see the trick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard